Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Joshy

Plutonia Revisited: Community Project 2 (Boom-compatible)- Final Version Released! **IDGAMES LINK UP**

Another update to my submission, main changes are..
-Added more ammo and health 

-Monster placement has been tweaked
-Difficulty settings have been implemented
-Last fight now locks up the player

Any feedback on the newer version is welcome

dmp-prcpv3.zip

Okay, it's looking like we're inching very close towards the end. At the moment, the project still needs a Map30, 31 and 32. Anyone keen on making a map specifically for these slots?

Also, do let me know if you're working on a map or if you're planning to work on a map. I want to make sure that many authors can have a fair chance of getting a slot.

About 60% of the way through making the layout and gameplay for a map.

os2.png

The eastern section is almost finished (Needs a little fleshing out). Currently the large isolated northern section is purely for setting the scene of the map. I can't really see this being a secret or closing level for this wad (There isn't much to set this apart except for the use of silent teleporters to give a room over room effect of going underground).

Some screenshots below (these will be familiar from the discord and doom pic threads)

Spoiler

os1.png.a834e794c586a3cd34aa2da4a66e1522.png  os3.png.0ae178ca5aa8ec132c1519f0a8211ea2.png  os4.png.7077b8d8097a771a611c36e7592f8e4f.png

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

Okay, it's looking like we're inching very close towards the end. At the moment, the project still needs a Map30, 31 and 32. Anyone keen on making a map specifically for these slots?

Also, do let me know if you're working on a map or if you're planning to work on a map. I want to make sure that many authors can have a fair chance of getting a slot.

I have a stylistic prototype that could be expanded into a secret map, though I'm not sure if the texture-scheme and tone would mesh that well with the rest of the set.

Here's a few screenies for context:

Spoiler

hGCD21O.png

H8oREU5.png

Od64elr.png

VVXe1jb.png

Its supposed to evoke images of mental asylums and other such stereotypically hostile spaces. I'd call the map Bedlam as a result of this. What do you think? Is the aesthetic too far beyond the mean even for a secret map?

14 minutes ago, Omniarch said:

I have a stylistic prototype that could be expanded into a secret map, though I'm not sure if the texture-scheme and tone would mesh that well with the rest of the set.

Here's a few screenies for context:

Hide contents

hGCD21O.png

H8oREU5.png

Od64elr.png

VVXe1jb.png

Its supposed to evoke images of mental asylums and other such stereotypically hostile spaces. I'd call the map Bedlam as a result of this. What do you think? Is the aesthetic too far beyond the mean even for a secret map?

I think this is fine, secret maps are a good opportunity to break out of the normal plutonia aesthetics, so give it a go!

4 hours ago, cannonball said:

About 60% of the way through making the layout and gameplay for a map.

os2.png

The eastern section is almost finished (Needs a little fleshing out). Currently the large isolated northern section is purely for setting the scene of the map. I can't really see this being a secret or closing level for this wad (There isn't much to set this apart except for the use of silent teleporters to give a room over room effect of going underground).

Some screenshots below (these will be familiar from the discord and doom pic threads)

Hide contents

looks like those fractal graphs, a work of art in itself.

CloseEncounters.zip

Alright here's my submission, its meant for any early E2 slot, difficulties, secrets, and a midi (Escalate by Jimmy) are included, as well as a modified resource with the textures it introduces (be sure to test it with that). 

image.png.e60287275b966b0fcbd09248b368fffd.png

image.png.ffd203ebce60db7ea47b07d46ebf13c1.png

Edited by Egg Boy : New Version

Update:

As far as I know, Cannonball, Omniarch, and Cacodemon187 are currently working on their maps. If you are working on a map, please let me know so I can save a slot for you!

There are only 5 free slots available now. Episode 2 is now full, do not make a map for this episode. Episode 1 has one free slot remaining, and Episode 3 has 4 slots remaining, including Map30 and Map32.

Let me know if you'd like to claim a slot. Don't worry about the time limit, it will be a couple of months at least before we get things moving!

1 hour ago, Joshy said:

Update:

As far as I know, Cannonball, Omniarch, and Cacodemon187 are currently working on their maps. If you are working on a map, please let me know so I can save a slot for you!

There are only 5 free slots available now. Episode 2 is now full, do not make a map for this episode. Episode 1 has one free slot remaining, and Episode 3 has 4 slots remaining, including Map30 and Map32.

Let me know if you'd like to claim a slot. Don't worry about the time limit, it will be a couple of months at least before we get things moving!

I have one started for E3.  I would love to convert it to that E1 slot, though.

2 hours ago, Joshy said:

Update:

Is there anything you would want to be in the map30/32 slots? I know that plutonia and it’s sequels all had a similar theme for map32, did you want that to continue here? Same regarding map30 and any Icon of Sin-ness. As I said further up, I doubt what I am working on would be suitable for example for either slot in its current guise.

2 minutes ago, cannonball said:

Is there anything you would want to be in the map30/32 slots? I know that plutonia and it’s sequels all had a similar theme for map32, did you want that to continue here? Same regarding map30 and any Icon of Sin-ness. As I said further up, I doubt what I am working on would be suitable for example for either slot in its current guise.

Oh it's fine if your map isn't for Map30/32, there's a E2 slot saved for your map if that was what you had in mind?

14 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Oh it's fine if your map isn't for Map30/32, there's a E2 slot saved for your map if that was what you had in mind?

Ah I suspect I misinterpreted the post further up (Should have looked at the op), serves me right for posting early in the morning.

This map will be suitable for a late E2 or beyond slot.

@Joshy Me and MattFright are currently working on a map for this, probably for the third episode. It's incredibly slow because of my lack of free time lately, but the map is being made.

I know my last submission wasn't exactly up to par, but we're doing things in a slightly different style this time.

4 hours ago, Joshy said:

Update:

I'd like to try my hand at one for E3, if that's alright.

On 5/16/2021 at 7:04 AM, Joshy said:

I've made a good deal of progress on a submission but I'm not sure if it's right or not. I will link to it and tonight and you could let me know whether to keep working on it or not.

On 5/16/2021 at 8:04 AM, Joshy said:

Also, do let me know if you're working on a map or if you're planning to work on a map.

I made some rooms for a possible wad long ago but it didn't go anywhere... I can always upload it here as a free layout to use for other mappers

I have an idea for MAP32 of making a remake of Hexen MAP01 or a remake of Heretic E1M1, but for now it's all just a idea and I'm not sure if this is good for the project... But if I have time and if there's still it, i could try doing it.

I should note that if the number of maps submitted exceeds the number of free map slots, this doesn't mean you'll miss out. Altogether, maps will ultimately be selected based on quality.

@Joshy

As promised, please see link below. It plays on MAP12 but is not committed to any particular slot. It is in an earlier stage than I would normally share but hopefully there is enough there for you to give me an idea whether it is worth me continuing for this project. The layout is in place and I am somewhat settled on the map progression. Thing placement is not balanced but is a guide for what I intend for each area, textures are also a basic guide whilst detail and lighting are barely started.

The map is called Power Trip and the theme is selected areas where BFG use is the primary weapon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9r0op5h9smindom/POWER.wad?dl=0

7 hours ago, purist said:

@Joshy

As promised, please see link below. It plays on MAP12 but is not committed to any particular slot. It is in an earlier stage than I would normally share but hopefully there is enough there for you to give me an idea whether it is worth me continuing for this project. The layout is in place and I am somewhat settled on the map progression. Thing placement is not balanced but is a guide for what I intend for each area, textures are also a basic guide whilst detail and lighting are barely started.

The map is called Power Trip and the theme is selected areas where BFG use is the primary weapon.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9r0op5h9smindom/POWER.wad?dl=0

Okay this looks like a good start, I'm curious to see how it turns out!

4 hours ago, Joshy said:

Okay this looks like a good start, I'm curious to see how it turns out!

Cool, I'll keep working then and post an update when it is ready for more thorough play testing.

Just updated my wad, the new version is in my previous post. Fixed an exploit involving the yellow key and added a backpack in the first room for those who find the ammo placement a bit stingy.

Just sent my map Joshy's way! Meant to be in episode 1, here is a picture of the last fight : )

Screen Shot 2021-05-22 at 12.23.08 AM.png

I may try, since I have a habit of adding arenas requiring you to chaingun Revenants, but I'm not a master at BOOM's features, so I'll hold for a bit.

EDIT: Wait slots are taken already lol, I haven't mapped anything anyways yet so that's good!

Edited by KubaloBlackMT

@Joshy Is map 32 taken? I might have some good ideas for it.

btw why is there an asterisk on my map? I'm pretty sure the map is finished so.

Not quite finished, but I'm still working on my submission. The visuals have gone... slightly off the rails, so I could understand if the map would be considered "not plutonic" and rejected. I tried to make the combat very plutonia-like tho, just wanted to know if I can keep working on it as a submission for the cp.

Screenshot_Doom_20210526_192909.png.63304b573674dd1a25ac707d4fa73b7f.png

Edited by C3ntralPr0cessing

7 minutes ago, C3ntralPr0cessing said:

Not quite finished, but I'm still working on my submission. The visuals have gone... slightly off the rails,
so I could understand if the map would be considered "not plutonic" and rejected. I tried to make the combat very plutonia-like tho, just wanted to know if I can keep working on it as a submission for the cp.

Imo, you should keep working on it regardless of if it goes in the CP.  I already have plans to release my own map as a standalone if it doesn't go in (assuming that it's okay to use the resource pack in that manner).

1 minute ago, VanaheimRanger said:

Imo, you should keep working on it regardless of if it goes in the CP.  I already have plans to release my own map as a standalone if it doesn't go in (assuming that it's okay to use the resource pack in that manner).

I didn't plan on not finishing it, but if it would get rejected, I'd probably style it a bit more after my typical maps, which is to say more slaughter-ish.
Rn I'm trying to stay with the Plutonia 1 spirit, as in "spare but threatining monster placement".

1 hour ago, C3ntralPr0cessing said:

Not quite finished, but I'm still working on my submission. The visuals have gone... slightly off the rails,
so I could understand if the map would be considered "not plutonic" and rejected. I tried to make the combat very plutonia-like tho, just wanted to know if I can keep working on it as a submission for the cp.

I'm getting Odyssey of Noises vibes from this so I say carry the fuck on :D