Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dyshoria

UAC evil part 2

So ... my impression is this is a troll map? Not enough resources on purpose? Custom marine enemies that are quite annoying and overpowered. Rockets and no rocket launcher ??????????????? Punching 10 or so invisible demons cause got no ammo?

Sorry buddy - this was a rough experience but here is my playback

In higher definition !!!! \\\

PS @HAK3180 @Dunn & Dunn @Steve88 @Kyukon does my video quality lookbetter was it work it?

I didnt want this to be one of those maps i have to update but it probably is. Anyway here is a screenshot i took from another map not made by me

maxresdefault.jpg

@Dyshoria And how is this screenshot connected to this map exactly?
@Clippy Another map from this guy that looks like a troll (map, not the guy). I don't even know how such trolling is even allowed here.

I beat it with every monster killed and every secret uncovered.
I liked the arena with the arachnotrons and an arch-vile.
There is not enough ammo to deal with every monster of the map. Plasma gun and the rocket launcher are hidden in secrets for some reason, but it's possible to find them by looking at the map. Marines with chainsaws near the end were like a spanish inquisition. There are some texture and alignment issues, but that's fixable.
Corridors would benefit from having at least bright flickering lights instead of total darkness with almost no flicker.
So in conclusion - it's a map that you put the most effort in but it really needs more polish.

Being troll-WAD-ed AND troll-posted? I don't think DW as a whole is ready for this. Then again we had Doom: Rampage Edition and Nazi Auferstehung...

Just played it through.

The indoor areas felt a bit same-y. Try to vary the textures you use between rooms.

Those marine enemies are far too overpowered. A single hitscan shot cut down half of my health from across the map.

I feel like the first outdoor fight is the hardest section of the map. The final two fights feel a bit weak in comparison. Try swapping the enemies you used in the last fight with the ones in the first one.

This is definitely an improvement over last time, however. I actually had enough ammo to kill everything this time.

@DyshoriaYes it is. You've only changed textures on the secret doors, removed 2 out of 3 secret tags, added some steps, added some shotgun shells, raised one ceiling and called it a day. Every other thing that was broken is still broken.

Edited by Voxelvoid

Some people complain about your map and tbh i can see your progress.Maybe try to experiment with secrets where you can see the reward for finding it(see e1m1,e1m4,e1m7)?