Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Just had a Doom related nightmare

OK so here I am in my old community. I wake up at my old public school. For some reason there's a guy there with his Supra who's my age I'd guess, with his sisters. They give me a ride home, later on, I walk back to the school for no reason. Then 2 of my old friends Aaron and Robert are there. I see them and they have this look in their eyes. They start to chase me and seem to know exactly where I am ALL the time even though I'm running as fast as doomguy in zdoom. I was freaking scared, anyways this happens for a big portion of my dream. Then I get home, and for some reason think I'll be safe in my house. I get in the door and my mom is there with my sister and her boyfriend. My dad is at work still I guess. They say hi (they're having dinner) and my mom says some girl called looking for the house. I look outside and there's this freaking spider mastermind on the road (my old house was in a circle, or court, if you will, and he was way out where the road is that connects to it) when I opened the door he shot plasma, which I inturn closed the door and heard BANG BANG BANG from them hitting the door, I turned around and went back into the kitchen. At this point I woke up sweating bullets, yes the dream actually scared me. Then I came on here and wrote it before I forgot it. That said, has anyone else had a doom related dream before? Good or bad. Thanks

I don't know why this is posted in the Doom3 forum.

Perhaps the Mastermind shooting plasma could justify it.

Tell me: Did the mastermind look like the one shown in the Doom 3 screenshot or like the ordinary Doom one?

In the first case this thread should stay here.
In the latter it should be moved to the general forum.

Little Faith said:

I don't know why this is posted in the Doom3 forum.

Perhaps the Mastermind shooting plasma could justify it.

Tell me: Did the mastermind look like the one shown in the Doom 3 screenshot or like the ordinary Doom one?

In the first case this thread should stay here.
In the latter it should be moved to the general forum.

I posted it in the off topic forum but someone moved it here. In either case, it was the old mastermind shooting the old plasma.

Hmm, try a cyberdemon but 100 times bigger than it's normal size, on a gigantic platform that didn't seem to have an end, with huge quadrant buildings with no windows all over the platform. And yes, all the other enemies from Doom and Doom2 did also star in this freakish dream. Talk about being had in your sleep.

Alientank said:

I posted it in the off topic forum but someone moved it here. In either case, it was the old mastermind shooting the old plasma.

What???
Damn, I'd like to have a word with this "someone" - how friggin' dares he to send this to the D3 forum when it is not even D3 related.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to send it right back in this "someone's" face.

dsm said:

What???
Damn, I'd like to have a word with this "someone" - how friggin' dares he to send this to the D3 forum when it is not even D3 related.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to send it right back in this "someone's" face.

So are you going to tell us about your doom related nightmare?

hey, i am usally the one who post doom related dreams. anyway i have not had any in a long time, maybe some good ones will come soon.

Alientank said:

So are you going to tell us about your doom related nightmare?

I don't recall having any Doom related nightmares - more like nightmares about Doom 3 turning out to be utter shite (like one where id software had decided to take a new direction and then they made it a 2D side scroller instead of a first person shooter, UGH!!!).

But no nightmares involving me being the doomguy in one of the old Doom games.

AirRaid said:

Did id ever work on a game that WASN'T an FPS? What did they make before Wolf 3D?

Technically id have only ever made FPS'. However, several id-ers (including JC and JR) were originally in a company called Softdisk, and during this time they made various types of games, including several platform games and puzzlers.

The id founders worked for SoftDisk, who put out a monthly magazine on disk. Tom Hall was telling me about this during the CGC. They made all sorts of shitty little games as the games dept. of SoftDisk.

Commander Keen was their first game as "id Software", based on scrolling code they used to copy the first level of Super Mario 3.

Just think, folks.... If Nintendo of America had accepted Carmack, Romero, and Hall's proposal to make Nintendo software for the PC, DOOM may have never existed.

IMJack said:

Commander Keen was their first game as "id Software", based on scrolling code they used to copy the first level of Super Mario 3.

Nope, while I did get a bit confused (all the later games except Keen Dreams were done by id), id Software wasn't formed until two months after the first Keen was released.

Just think, folks.... If Nintendo of America had accepted Carmack, Romero, and Hall's proposal to make Nintendo software for the PC, DOOM may have never existed.

There was all kinds of stuff going on that meant Doom might not ever have existed. I seem to remember Apogee telling them to do something or other (I forget the exact details). id also originally intended to make an Aliens game using Carmack's then brand new engine.

I almost never have nightmares, let alone Doom-related. I've had some Doom 3 dreams, mostly just conceptual, but they happened before I saw what the thing looked like, really. The first one looked like Legacy in an outdoor engravement with catwalks 10 feet over a brown slime pool, the second one was a sinister outdoor type dark lava level starting at the edge of a black rock island with an indoor Doom-type maze area in the middle.

NiGHTMARE said:

Nope, while I did get a bit confused (all the later games except Keen Dreams were done by id), id Software wasn't formed until two months after the first Keen was released.

Then how come there's a flashy "id" sign on the credits screen in the first Keen game?

I've had a few Doom dreams, but all of them were me doing the doom stage in person. In every one I end up running out of ammo and then having to run for it. It was more frustrating than anything.

dsm said:

Then how come there's a flashy "id" sign on the credits screen in the first Keen game?

I don't know, perhaps it was added in a patch? Anyway, the game came out on December 14th 1990 and the company was formed on February 1st 1991.

/\
|
|

Doom related NiGHTMARE ;P

I haven't had much Doom dreams, maybe two or three in my life and I cannot remember anything of them. Once I had a dream of related to Doom forums though. Yeah, I guess I'm spending too much time here ;)