Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Roofi

The Underground Rats (Hard Slaughter Classic Vanilla Map)

Hello ! :)

I decided to share a map I made a few months ago of a project of mine called "Hell Revealed 2 the way Roofi does" in order to get more feedback.

The Underground Rats is a pretty big map with a lot of monsters and ammunition. Saves are recommended. Have fun !

doom6412.jpg.639f8f558984dd3fcd79bb30a7b17303.jpgdoom6411.jpg.4fb0efaae1e13e79f0717a7f6c13e9bb.jpgdoom6410.jpg.ebe1135504710820e236f26f4addcde0.jpg

Configurations :

Doom 2
Map 01
Vanilla compatibility

The sky is from mechadon sky pack. More informations in the txt file. I also recorded a max demo.

DOWNLOAD LINK

Nice map! Took me 50 minutes ingame and maybe 1.5 hrs irl to beat it. I haven't really played HR yet but I think this one fits its style quite well.

I liked the RK part very much for the most part, probably because it was more like an arena-style progression compared to the BK part.

I enjoyed pretty much every fight in RK area and I just have 2 comments: (img 2) monsters seem to get stuck in this spot which looks a bit weird and (img 3) the AV ambush in the top part of this arena felt a bit too early because I first found cells in the symmetrical lower corridor during the fight and then assumed that the upper one was also safe. But then I got 3 Avs on my had and wasn't able to deal with them because of all remaining stuff in the arena.

In BK area the switch on img 1 was somewhat obscure. The first intention was to jump forward and see what it does. When I found out the lowering platform behind, it confused me even more.

In the final fight I wasted all bfg ammo a bit too early and didn't have much cells before the SMM wave. Thankfully it is possible to chease that fight by standing near the switch and killing SMMs with ssg but still maybe some cells near the switch would be helpful.

I only had some troubles with the previous wave with 4 cybers, all others went pretty smoothly.  

Screenshots (secret spoilers):

Spoiler

emg8qfW.png

Z47bNTx.png

PYNWhei.png