Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EasterNibs88

BackToSaturn Wad Troubleshoot

Hey guys, I'm having trouble with playing BacktoSaturn. I've downloaded it a bunch of times but when I play it, all the textures are missing. In place of the textures is this blue and white checkerboard wallpaper everywhere - and I mean everywhere: walls, ceiling, and floor are all blue and white checkerboard. The enemies are all there, the effects, music, it's all good, but the textures are missing. I'm playing on LZDoom because my crappy PC seems to handle WADs a bit better with it - except for this one. Any help is appreciated. 

I'm gonna assume you are talking about the first episode (though, the second episode works the same way). 

are you sure you loaded the 2 wads (btsx_e1a and btsx e1b)? As in, did you drag and drop both or did you just drag and drop only one of them? 

E1a contains all the map data, sprites, etc... Everything that is required to play basically

E1b contains all the textures 

There are two wad files for BTSX E1: btsx_e1a and btsx e1b. I tested it just now and was able to reproduce this problem in GZDoom by loading just btsx_e1a. You need to load both wad files simultaneously.

Thanks guys, will try this out. Never considered this. I tried the second wad by itself and it just loaded doom 2. I’m sure this was the issue though. Thanks again.