Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AustroDoomer

Single map for Doom/Ultimate Doom - NELLI.wad

This is a map out of a older Megawad from about 1996.This map is nearly completely revised

with GzDoom Builder.(otherwise it would not be really playable)

Its a computer/hellish combined map in the good old Vanilla Doom format. Have fun with playing!

GAME: DOOM (ultimate doom) - Iwad DOOM.WAD

FILE NAME: NELLI.wad

MAP:  E2M3

No freelooking,jumping or crouching required

Designed for single player and cooperative 2-4 Player but only testet in single player mode!

No deathmatch starts !

Additional Credits to : MaxED (Gzdoom Builder)

Tested With : ZDoom, GZDoom, PrBoom+/GlBoom

Difficulty Settings : Yes

download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fez5u6am06yp63w/NELLI.wad/file

Screenshots:

p.png.6ce8127ae36573773cf07a8a0902e68c.png

p1.png.7d36c1b09e1b02306a80669372701928.png

p2.png.84b7f117bf5bf8a6e5ef984b469c9191.png

p3.png.8d184eef38eefd6a5df0fe8a5f0e31a5.png

p4.png.28b6461c6719b151488c3a4b31fa5587.png

Only if someone is interestet, here ist the thread from my first public map: (the link in the first post is also up to date!)

Edited by AustroDoomer

NELLI

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || Vanilla

-Deaths: 1 (killed by a toxic floor)

-Saves: none

Screenshot-Doom-20210212-182151.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210212-182932.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210212-183434.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210212-184709.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210212-212608.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210212-213802.png

A very strange map in my opinion, it has interesting combats and really good architecture, the action here is quite intense, although something to say is that it needs certain adjustments in many things, one of them is for example the way it is You must point the direction towards the exit, leave it marked because it took me too long to guess where the road was, another thing is also the secrets, quite a few secrets, and almost without any logical way to get you, they are so well hidden that it cost me a lot find them, I only found 2 visually, although one was that I lost due to a time limit but, in general, the map is really amazing, not bad for a Wad made in Ultimate Doom, but yes, there is a lot to fix here so that it becomes better than expected.

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you like the combats and the architecture.

Yes the map is really a little bit strange but thats also a kind how i create maps.

And the secrets, there are some quite difficult to find (especially the one with the plasma rifle)

so i need to revise something here so that they are easier to reach.

5 hours ago, AustroDoomer said:

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you like the combats and the architecture.

Yes the map is really a little bit strange but thats also a kind how i create maps.

And the secrets, there are some quite difficult to find (especially the one with the plasma rifle)

so i need to revise something here so that they are easier to reach.

You're welcome, a pleasure for me to have shared my experience with the map. And I understand what you have written, well, I hope you get to make those arrangements for your Wad, friend, maybe then I'll come back here to get revenge.

This map was crazy just like me with some bizarre progression and traps every step of the way. I really let me guard down cause I never consider DOOM ONE maps as threatening but DAMN

Enjoy this video of my getting my ass handed to me the whole time

Hi Clippy!

Thanks for playing my map and posting this Video!

I would never believed that the map is so much crazy and dizzy to play.With your

speedrun at the beginnig, you don't get to your destination.You have to kill

one monster after the other, especially in UV.As already said, i had to overwork

the secrets in the map to find them easier. A litte tip from me how you can get

the soulsphere that you can see through the window near the starting point:

The red arrow marks the secret door that you only can open whith a gunshot

(linetype 46).Its in the area you get on the lift when you hit the whe you get downstairs

in the blue room.The yellow arrow marks the spot who is the door you couldn't open

in the outdoor area.When you get in this room there is a another secret.Open the

hidden door (blue arrow), hit the switch and the metal bars will rise you can find

on the other side of the outdoor area.Get in the room whith the blood floor and

there is waiting an invulnerability sphere for you. ;)

I hope you can read it, but my english is not the best.

E2.png.a45f27e5103eaf1211afa8e661dfb4e2.png

Edited by AustroDoomer

This map's a bit of a mixed bag for me. On the one hand, I found it very challenging which was both frustrating and really fun at the same time. I appreciate this map helping me sharpen my skills that bit further. The downside of it was really the progression which I thought was a bit obtuse at times and could've been clearer, especially when it comes to the exit which I touch upon at the end of my video with some help from my man Clippy who I had invited to also try this map out. Besides that, this map's pretty damn cool and I definitely think more people should check it out. I hope you find my footage and feedback useful.

@Biodegradable

Many thanks for your patience to play my map and i´m sorry you did not come

to the exit room.I am really enjoyed your playthrough from my map.

Yes, i was also really  (too) mean as i created the map.

The two doors to the exit (in the bloody floor room) are already replaced with

normal doors, and the fixed link for the map is now in my first post.

Thanks again to clippy for his playing video.

@Suitepee

Sorry for the late answer, but i was too busy to look here on Doomworld.

Thanks for playing my map, this map is out of an older megawad whith

three episodes and most of the maps are not really designed for pistol start.

Therefore also the nineties style ;) The trap room (after the building staircase) whith the 2 cacodemons,

are only 2 of them in the hard skill, in medium skill is instead of a cacodemon a pinky and in easy

an imp.When i have time i will post in the next weeks E2M4 and E2M5 from this megawad.

I LOVE IT! sorry game audio cut out for some unknown reason but we all know what doom sounds like :)

@Dubbag

Hi, also thx for playing my map, and congratulations you are the first who get the

secret with the blue armor but no one could get to the soul sphere, until now ;).In some parts of the

video you nearly run out of ammo and also very low at health. And yes you

had the rocket launcher + enough of ammo. It is just before the trap door with the cacodemons.

I still have several maps, but they  are only for Doom and not Doom2. (I will try to post some of

them when i have enough time.) This maps are a litte bit revised and out of a 3 episodes wad

called "ZOOM.WAD".

My brother has a build an megawad for Doom2 (about 20 years ago) but this maps are not

not really playable. Possible i can try to overwork some of them and post it here.

35 minutes ago, AustroDoomer said:

@Dubbag

My brother has a build an megawad for Doom2 (about 20 years ago) but this maps are not

not really playable. Possible i can try to overwork some of them and post it here.

fuck yeah man post em :)