Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matthias

Playing with mods?

Yeeah I play mods sometimes, though I usually prefer vanilla-mods (ya know, dehacked magic), but, yeah, I like zdoom and gzdoom mod, not only BD or SmoothDoom.

Supercharge all the way! It's especially fun on UD wads where super shotty is unavailable. The most notable changes is buffs of a pistol (now it's more preferable weapon against zombies and imps) and regular shotgun (faster grinding through barons and cacos always appreciated). Honestly I'd say it's more qol improvements than a mod.

i play with two: one that changes the revenant's projectile to stop homing after 7 seconds, and another one that lowers the health of lost souls to 80

i know, i'm a hack-fraud ):

Edited by roadworx

When it comes to game-play mods, I like playing with Doom 4 Vanilla or Doom Delta. Especially Doom Delta as it has a lot of concepts from the Doom alphas which I really like.

Edited by Wavy

sometimes i play with mods when i playing multplayer because well there isnt much of a choice there though i use the dehacked port of smooth weapons when playing casually because it just adds more frames and doesnt alter any gameplay (i dont know i the original does either but i just like dehacked)

i remenber searching for a review of doom the way id did on youtube and i found one... with brutal doom... not against playing with it but for a review just stick to the original game

other time i was viewing a guy reviewing the official addons of the unity port... with brutal doom and comenting on how some maps are too hard and stuff

like guys please if you are going to make a review stick to the way the creator intended to play

At the end of the day, we are fans of the base game first and foremost, or else this place would be called simpsonsdoomworld or something?

On 2/12/2021 at 9:06 PM, Tetzlaff said:

When I play normal Doom I like to add the angled weapons mod (because the centered weapons just look wrong IMO), a modern HUD mod (the original HUD was optimised for the low screen resolutions back in the 1990s).

Supercharge is another mod I use quite often, really well balanced.

I also often use mods depending on the wad's visual style:

- HMGs gothic monsters for wads set in hell

- Q4 Lightning Fast for levels resembling Quake 2 environments

- Batteries Not Included for Eternal Doom

and so on.

i really like the centered weapons even played with in on the brief moments i had with 2016

though i found a port of angled weapons to dehacked without visual improvements or gameplay changes

gotta give it a try right?

I'm a big fan of gameplay mods and total conversions that change up the game in an interesting new way instead of just adding onto regular Doom. But if I play a mappack/megawad with one mod, I'll probably play it vanilla too to get the true taste of a map. I usually like playing on Treasure Tech or Doom Delta. It all comes down to personal preference, I guess.

I usually now just play vanilla on either GZDoom or PRBoom+. Ive also tried out dos box and really like to do some maps on that. But I also like to pop in Dead Marine or even Brutal Doom when Im bored.