Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Silhouette 03

Clandestine- my third map

For the past month and a half I've been working on a episode replacement for episode 3 for the Ultimate Doom. I was planning on releasing it, but than came to the conclusion that my maps seemed to increase in quality as I practiced my mapping skills. I decided I would publicly release what I consider to be the best map from my two month long mapping spree. So here it is:

Name: Clandestine

Map format: Doom in Doom format]

Ports tested: GZDoom 2.5.0

IWAD: Doom,E3M4

Music: "Alone in Hell" by MFG38

Gameplay: Singleplayer

Difficulty settings: YES

Multiplayer placement: NO

Build time: around 2-3 weeks

Requirements: Freelook is your call, Jumping not necessary.

Screenshots

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210213_145840.png.b75fbe357422f8177141994e4074d41e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210213_145805.png.c7dc2b84c4e8ea85c10ced26b6ff4a62.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210213_145754.png.a644116b70b6c25487823a7262df1765.png

Clandestine.zip

Pretty sure you can't beat this....the door after the Barons doesn't open.

I think this is ...decent.  Might want to contrast the dark feeling with some brighter, more open rooms.  The "trap" with the cage/room was a bit predictable.  Some attention should be paid to texture alignment.  Don't be afraid to add framing around doors or areas where textures might not naturally align.  Golod textures to use as framing would be METAL, SUPPORT2, and SUPPORT3.  Using those textures can be a good way to throw new rooms wherever you want, using different textures.

Was still a decent little playthrough there.  Keep it up!

32 minutes ago, KevvyLava said:

I tested it and I was sure it opened. Sorry, man. Thank you for playing.

Edit: @KevvyLava, I checked it and the door works on my side so I don't know what to do.

Edited by Silhou3tte

39 minutes ago, Voxelvoid said:

I've tested this map on GZDoom and it's broken. The door with Barons gets stuck and won't open again.

I've checked and it appears to work on my end

Edit: I have an updated version, that I think fixed the bug

So there is only the exiting teleport at the end of the corridor behind the door. Seems legit, but I thought something more would be there. Fine map overall, I liked it.

Clandestine

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || HG_S-Doom

-Deaths: 0

-Saves: none

Screenshot-Doom-20210213-101215.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210213-101337.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210213-101516.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210213-101700.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210213-102000.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210213-102024.png

7 hours ago, KevvyLava said:

As he had said, this map is really impossible to pass, because after the Barons of Hell part, there is no chance to open the door again, it is a shame because I really already had everything 100%, but hey, let's go into details a bit. The architecture of this map has really been very good, I liked how it begins, since it puts you in a brief moment tense due to the small space that there is, and little by little as everything progresses until reaching the Barons part, The truth is that, as it is not a very complex map, it is what makes it really entertaining and enjoyable, to the point of wanting to repeat it over and over again, since what is used here, fits perfectly with the atmosphere of the third episode of the first Doom, although a disgrace that the final door made all the good seen in this map out the window, but anyway it has been an excellent Wad made for this Iwad. Great job here mate, and I hope you can solve that final door problem in the future.

4 hours ago, Silhou3tte said:

To all testers: I have an updated version here. I think I fixed the bug

Clandestine - Copy.7z

Edit: sorry for double post

Ah shit, I did not think you were going to fix it so quickly, but hey, I will only send my result of the entire match that I had seen on this map.

6 hours ago, ElPadrecitoCholo said:

Clandestine

Ultra-Violence || Zandronum || HG_S-Doom

-Deaths: 0

-Saves: none

-|No damage|

Screenshot-Doom-20210213-170448.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210213-170457.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210213-170500.png

Thanks for fixing the end door.

Yeah, I’m so sorry that you had to play through this again. I tested it dozens of times and it was a simple linedef flip. Anyways, as always,  thank you very much for testing.

14 hours ago, Silhou3tte said:

Yeah, I’m so sorry that you had to play through this again. I tested it dozens of times and it was a simple linedef flip. Anyways, as always,  thank you very much for testing.

@Silhou3tte Don't worry buddy, It was very entertaining to pass it this time anyway, and without taking any damage during the progress, so it turned out to be a good thing after all. And you're welcome, it will always be my pleasure to test the maps you bring here, partner.