Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
haruko haruhara

I have a website I would like to share

I now have a website open for the public it's about skulltag and mods in general I also host my projects too! And I have 2 sites one is my forum site for my discord called hhdcforums aka haruko haruhara's Doom community discord server but I will provide links to the sites

My website 1

https://sites.google.com/view/harukos-doom-site/home?authuser=0

My forum site I wanted to let members join it but they don't seem to care much about it I will host my wads on it too when I get the chance  

https://hhdcforums.freeforums.net/

I spent alot of time on the first website hope you can like it!

I recommend if you darken a bit the background color, it collides so much with the text on the page and its a bit annoying to see.

Also its nice starting a webpage, a place where you can put all the things you have made.

Also i recommend putting a bit of information of the mods in the mods page, and not just the link to GDrive. Doomworld's wad publishing rules can help here: a bit of information, compatibility, some screenshots, etc

Spoiler

Also i have one too :) https://urrova.github.io/

On 2/13/2021 at 2:10 PM, haruko haruhara said:

I now have a website open for the public it's about skulltag and mods in general I also host my projects too! And I have 2 sites one is my forum site for my discord called hhdcforums aka haruko haruhara's Doom community discord server but I will provide links to the sites

My website 1

https://sites.google.com/view/harukos-doom-site/home?authuser=0

My forum site I wanted to let members join it but they don't seem to care much about it I will host my wads on it too when I get the chance  

https://hhdcforums.freeforums.net/

I spent alot of time on the first website hope you can like it!

Well i want to be constructive.

I visited your Page now from my mobile Phone and Layout seems better suited for it.

It is a bit empty but seems functional.

On the PC it looks like a Site from the early 2000s and i thought you are aiming to make it like this.

Thats why i have suggested the Gifs, because it would just fit perfectly.

And i mean it, to make it somehow more "classic" would fit to Doom and if you don't go tooooo much on it, it will be fine and somehow funny and ironic.

So independend from the Way you want to direct it, maybe you can really put some Pictures/Gifs in it and it will look fine :)

As it is functional it is just some Polish you need.

28 minutes ago, omalefico32x said:

damn dude no need to be passive agressive towards op

To be honest, people are tired to be op personal deciphers to understand what he writes and how to respond. Like, every time then I open up his threads, I need to reread what he says several times, it's damn exhausting. I'm not native english speaker, but I put effort in my posts to be understood, even if sometimes it reads like thought rain. 

36 minutes ago, Misty said:

To be honest, people are tired to be op personal deciphers to understand what he writes and how to respond. Like, every time then I open up his threads, I need to reread what he says several times, it's damn exhausting. I'm not native english speaker, but I put effort in my posts to be understood, even if sometimes it reads like thought rain. 

damn dude i dont know if you are exagerating for effect but i can read them just fine just with some hold ups here and there but i get where you are coming from

still theres a lot of ways to tell someone their english needs improvement being an asshole isnt one of them

Just now, omalefico32x said:

damn dude i dont know if you are exagerating for effect but i can read them just fine just with some hold ups here and there but i get where you are coming from

still theres a lot of ways to tell someone their english needs improvement being an asshole isnt one of them

Doomgater apologized. Let's move on. The OP will need to work on their English in order for people to better understand their posts and make them easier to read. The best thing we can do is give them constructive criticism to improve their website.

Very 1990s vibe there, dude.

On 2/13/2021 at 5:46 PM, Azuris said:

Some Gifs would be nice to make it authentic.

Combined with the smell of warm 15" SVGA CRTs... beige plastic strictly.

Please stop derailing this thread, thanks. If you have constructive feedback about the website being promoted, you are welcome to offer it.

Many website authors encourage the proper use of punctuation, grammar and spelling.
Maybe you should try to improve these points to gain better readability and acceptance.
There are books and online services available. In case you're interetsted, just try to use a search engine.

Smart money is on that the only person NOT likely to reply or chime in at this point, is the interested party, aka the OP.

Okay, let's start from top to bottom, because I do enjoy seeing websites flourish. 
Home Page:
1. Yeah, the background/text color choices are a bit hard to read in places. Proper grammar also helps for readability. I also would hesitate putting the Skulltag logo as your page's "home" button, as you're not directly affiliated with Skulltag or development and this may confuse some people. 
2. Pictures or screenshots would help draw in the eye (especially in the favorite doom modders section- what about their work makes you like them or makes them worth checking out?)
I would also put all of your social media or other profile links in one place, maybe in the footer section. That way they persistently show up with each page you click on and it will declutter both your home page and header bar.
Random stuff:

I'm not really sure why this is here. You could easily just put this information on the home page with your favorite Doom modders. Or maybe turn this page into "people I recommend" and put the doom modders there instead. A curated list of recommendations of mappers, musicians, etc. is definitely a great idea though.
Future projects: 
you could turn this into a proper ideas blog and make proper blog posts so your ideas are organized. 
Index of Skulltag mods:

Not too much to say about this, the only thing I would say is maybe pick a select few and post screenshots so that the links look more inviting.
My Doom mods, Serious Zandronum, and HHDC member list could probably all be combined into a single "My Doom Maps/Mods" Page. Again, use screenshots or page sections to break up all the text. 
It's basically, right now, a lot of text, not a lot of images to engage people into caring about what the text says. I'll go ahead and shill my site so you can see how I've organized it. DFDoom is also a good site to reference. 

Good thing I decided that making and maintaining a (traditional) website was too much of a PITA already in the 1990s. No matter what you do, it will never be up-to-date or good enough, at least not for long. It's also one of those things where the bar is raised higher and higher by the year. A basic knowledge of plain HTML tags isn't gonna get you far nowadays. Hell, it didn't take you very far in 2000, either.

Then again I appreciate and respect stuff like Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ: it looks the same since forever, and for the kind of info/purpose it has, that's perfectly fine.

Just now, Maes said:

Good thing I decided that making and maintaining a (traditional) website was too much of a PITA already in the 1990s. No matter what you do, it will never be up-to-date or good enough, at least not for long.

It isn't necessarily a matter of "not being good enough" in this case, but any site needs to have good "bones" in order to be any sort of engaging. My site is two years old, and, while some of the information is a little outdated, I doubt I'll be doing much restructuring of the actual site itself. Once you get a good structure of a website going it makes everything else a lot easier. 

For me, Ledmeister's timeless site is the holy grail of Doom-related info. I like the design. Yes, it is quite basic, but it's good readable,
nice to navigate (ok. probably not on smart devices ) and contains all the stuff you might need. Needless to say, that my small contribution to the
Doom universe was heavily influenced by such slim designs. Of course, there are many nice and nifty modern and responsive designs, but for me, they
require too much attention (remember all the wordpress hacks??...) to not be a huge PITA...:-)