Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
imgonnagetcha

I NEED ZDOOM! if anyone could tell me where to find it...

I need a zdoom wad. Doom 2 is just not the same without it, ever since my sister deleted it... if anyone could tell me where i could get it, it would be greatly appreciated.

You know, the Zdaemon verson I have keeps giving me a error when I try to run a wad such as gothicdm.wad.
"BindtoPort: error."
Know what that means and know of any way to fix it? Or should I just download from http://zdoom.notgod.com/lars/? Also...that index is a mess, I don't know what's what.

Damn it, this belongs in the "I NEED ZDOOM! if anyone could tell me where to find it..." "http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11977" thread, can any admin place it back there?

Aye, this thread got mixed up.

I already downloaded Zdoom and Zdaemon but Zdaemon messes up alot when I'm trying to run some wads. It gives the error that I said before. The Zdoom I downloaded wasn't from the lars page so I'll try the 19.zip try. Maybe that will fix the Fatal Error and the fact that my wads won't load up properly when entering a server. (I checked everything else out, the wads are in the proper directory and zdaemon knows where the directory is, files aren't corrupt or anything.)

Anyknow know of a server program that lets you play Doom and Final Doom over the net rather than lan?

Downloading the latest version of ZDoom won't solve your ZDaemon problems, because they're completely seperate programs (albeit ZDaemon is based on ZDoom's source code). You could have ZDoom not installed at all, and ZDaemon wouldn't be bothered in the slightest (and visa versa).

imgonnagetcha said:

i downloaded zdoom version 1.22 and it doesnt work!

did you remember to put doom2.wad in your zdoom folder?

imgonnagetcha said:

i downloaded zdoom version 1.22 and it doesnt work!

Ack, that version is three years old! :)

JoyDivision said:

Aye, I just updated Zdoom to 2.00. What files do I use to get Zdaemon working? It's just a big mess right now.

Simply use the files which come with ZDaemon. Put Zdaemon in its own folder.
If you copy it into the same folder with the latest zdoom, or copy the latest zdoom into the zdaemon folder, you will overwrite fmod.dll and one or the other of zdaemon or zdoom will not work. You should see an fmod error. The reason is, Zdaemon is not coded for the very latest fmod.dll, but the latest zdoom is. Keep them separate. Right now, in zdoom.notgod.com/lars, there is another zdoom release, the file 27.cab. Randy appears to have squashed the bugs found very recently as Hexen support was completed.

You do know that both zdaemon and zdoom need an iwad in the folder with them (doom.wad, doom2.wad, etc)? Either that, or the path to iwads needs to be specified in the .cfg file or .ini file I think.

Thanks, luckly I have many folders holding my Doom wads/files so I can just delete the one which is screwed and start over. I didn't put Zdaemon in it's own folder, that's one mistake I made.

Oh, do you know how to load levels from the Zdoom console? I'm going threw the Zdoom commands file but haven't found it yet.

You cannot load levels from the zdoom console as far as I know, you must load them when you start zdoom, such as
zdoom -file mywad.wad

If you are just double clicking on zdoom.exe to start it, you'll have to use another method. One way is to create a shortcut to zdoom.exe (right click on it, create shortcut). Then, edit the properties of the shortcut and add the -file mywad.wad to the target. Make sure the wad you want to play is in the folder with zdoom, otherwise you'll have to put path information in the properties too. For example, if you have zdoom in c:\games\zdoom and your wads in c:\games\wads, your shortcut should say
zdoom -file ..\wads\mywad.wad or
zdoom -file \games\wads\mywad.wad