Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

Hell Keep - Better Edition

I think its more like 'Betterer Edition' since id replaced Hell keep themselves for the Jaguar port :p

E3M1 will always be the worst official map in my eyes, just narrowly beating Unruly Evil, good to see attempts to improve it :p

I recorded an FDA (blind), exited with 100% everything in 6:31. Here it is:

e3m1remakefda.zip

Fun map, and the fact that I didn't run out of shells and have to kill anything with the pistol is already significant improvement over the default E3M1. I appreciate the inclusion of a berserk powerup as well. Hell, just adding one of those to default E3M1 would make that map a lot more enjoyable.

Blind Playthrough recording -- complete with 3 or 4 deaths before I managed to get a foothold on the level, when I wasn't playing carefully enough!

Plenty of fun! Bit stumped about the secret that would let me up to the ledge in the starting area, though...

Edited by LordEntr0py

Nice re-imagination! I think I found a bug in the lava area with the descending pillars: sectors 205, 206, 210, 211, 212 shouldn't inflict damage to the player.

I like Hell Keep well enough, but I always welcome remakes of classic maps. Well done!

EDIT: The download link is acting weird on my end: the file will only get downloaded if I open it on a separate tab or window.

One map that I would definitely love to see you tackle though is E2M9: Arenas of straightforwardnessFortress of Mystery. And that is what I call rubbish - especially the ending with the easiest keycard puzzle imaginable! :P

On 2/14/2021 at 11:06 PM, DavidN said:

I also want to use this as a call to action - I'd love to see more E3M1 remakes! It needs them :)

Here's mine! Check it out.