Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
IMJack

Upgrading my machine

I just managed to install a new CD-RW drive and a second hard drive into my computer, without breaking anything, and got it to work properly on the first try, all by my lonesome. I am so fucking proud of myself right now.

No, really, I am. This is the first time I've pulled this off. Two years ago, I had problems getting a network card to seat properly. Six months ago, I had problems getting a video card to stay connected and functional.

Anyway, this is my rush of pride for the night. :)

i remember when i opened my first computer. i was scared shitless. mainly cus teahcer bitching not to touch shit inside cus you could shock yourself or f it up with static. hell, i became so confident, i combed my hair with a 486 once and it prodiced large amounts of shocks, but its still werked.

Until this year, the only thing I'd ever done inside my computer by myself was to replace the power unit. Then in March, I replaced the motherboard (which included fitting a new processor and new RAM), 3D card and CD drive (with a CD-RW), and added a DVD drive and a second hard drive.

I guarantee if someone who wasn't a mod had posted this one of the mods would have been like "OMFG R U STOOOPID INSTABAN ON JOO!" and the topic would be closed.

Back in 7th grade at my old school, I was stuck in Computer for 1st period, which sucked because I was the only one in that class during that period. I had to replace the RAM of a computer, which was easy.

I hate how some older boards would fit into the case. they would be off just a few millimeters and would cause most of the card not to seat correctly. so i would be stuck trying to move the board in the correct way. another thing i hate were those blasted ribbon cables, even worse if u had a small case. I am very happy with the rounded ones. gald u got it to work, and i am sure u did the master/slave setting correct. most people i know who have installed things like, cd drives or hard drives, screwed up at the master slave level