Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyJC

Chances of getting map in the CC mega wad.

I know there are people here working on it, what are my chances :/

I notice some people have more than 1 slot, thats just greed :P So will people pull out/get kicked/or be a free slot?

I e-mailed the dude about it, but we'll see.

Ive worked on this map for almost literally 6 years (long story involving bad hard disks and floppy disks).

yeah but there doesnt seem to be much else active atm, plus the CC mega wad got lots of conversation here :P

KennyJC said:

yeah but there doesnt seem to be much else active atm

LOL, I gather you're new to the community ;)

how'd you guess?

yeah I am actually. Its a lot to take in, Doom has changed a lot from the serial cable days.

Easy to guess because:

1) You have only a few posts. Not a sure-fire sign, but it means you're new to the boards.
2) There's actually a lot going on right now, not JUST the community chest megawad. Just look around and see what you can find. I myself was actually thinking of taking a break from my Grind project and sending something to the Mock2 people. =P

Nanami said:
1) You have only a few posts. Not a sure-fire sign, but it means you're new to the boards.

This is really the last thing to look at. A lot of oldies abhor html-based forums... and newbies... so they may have an account here but with a minimal postcount.

Yeah. That's why I said "not a sure-fire sign." I myself didn't post for about two months. So when I did start posting I wasn't exactly "new" to the forums. But it's a slight tip off sometimes.

There are some folks over at Newdoom doing something similar, but I don't know if they are still open for more members.

KennyJC said:

I know there are people here working on it, what are my chances :/
I notice some people have more than 1 slot, thats just greed :P

Greed? i wanted to do three maps, one in each episode! With how fast things filled up I'm lucky i got two slots. And they're right next to each other which is nice.

Nanami said:

There's actually a lot going on right now, not JUST the community chest megawad.

Yea there is...Even though I am working on CC, I am also trying to get team members for My old project called: No Hope For Life..
with little success I might add.

Little Faith said:

There are some folks over at Newdoom doing something similar, but I don't know if they are still open for more members.

The NewDoom megawad is totally full AFAIK, I think I nabbed the last slot just in time =)

I am also trying to get team members for My old project called: No Hope For Life..

I'd be interested in maybe helping you out once my stuff for CC, NewDoom, and Freedoom is finished.

Mr. Chris said:

The NewDoom community is creating a megawad project FYI

D'oh, I gather you only read the top few posts.

KennyJC, if you are capable, you can have my map18 slot. I've already started it but am finding it hard to find the time to work on these projects + my own project... Of course Cadman gets the final say.

nobbjob said:

KennyJC, if you are capable, you can have my map18 slot. I've already started it but am finding it hard to find the time to work on these projects + my own project... Of course Cadman gets the final say.

Heh, and I was about to ask you how your level ended... :P

hmm at the moment im thinking of just starting work on another map which i've got designed on paper. Its a better map in general that the one Im working on now, and with some nice new castle textures it will look amazing.

so i'll just see what happens.

KennyJC said:

hmm at the moment im thinking of just starting work on another map which i've got designed on paper. Its a better map in general that the one Im working on now, and with some nice new castle textures it will look amazing.

so i'll just see what happens.

Unfortunately, no custom textures are allowed in CC, only the original DooM 2 ones.

The gstone-based and rock1-3 textures are probably the best ones to use for a castle.

I think you'd be better off giving it to someone else that will finish it on time. I have a bad history of starting maps and not finishing them off :(

If I do finish it however it will be amazing because Ive got it all planned out in my mind.

So on second thoughts you better give it to someone that will make good use of it.. I'll probably just work on this map and submit it to whatever project is going when/if I finish it.

Aleaver said:

Yea there is...Even though I am working on CC, I am also trying to get team members for My old project called: No Hope For Life..

It will be episode2 style, right?, I love that style... if you need help with 1 or 2 maps, tell me. :)

KennyJC said:

I think you'd be better off giving it to someone else that will finish it on time. I have a bad history of starting maps and not finishing them off :(

If I do finish it however it will be amazing because Ive got it all planned out in my mind.

So on second thoughts you better give it to someone that will make good use of it.. I'll probably just work on this map and submit it to whatever project is going when/if I finish it.

What the fuck was this thread for then