Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iddq_tea

Doom III: IDKFA Edition | Project

Seems the project is going well.

Edited by Redoom

8 hours ago, Redoom said:

Seems the project is going well.

I was on the Discord for a bit...it was overly ambitious, with random people wanting to put their pet ideas into it.

1 hour ago, KevvyLava said:

I was on the Discord for a bit...it was overly ambitious, with random people wanting to put their pet ideas into it.

Well, random ideas are not a thing anymore, just saying. We are more organized than before and the team has a clearer idea with the project.

On 5/13/2021 at 9:51 AM, DevilMyEyes said:

Well, random ideas are not a thing anymore, just saying. We are more organized than before and the team has a clearer idea with the project.

By all means, I want to play it eventually if it gets finished. Is it going to be like Doom 1/2 or does it have a bunch of new stuff being added?

1 hour ago, KevvyLava said:

By all means, I want to play it eventually if it gets finished. Is it going to be like Doom 1/2 or does it have a bunch of new stuff being added?

Some new stuff, expect the jump to be similar to the jump from Doom 1 to Doom 2 content wise. Don't worry about anything overly ambitious, me and several members have seen to keeping a tight focus on the styles we want to convey. Hopefully by June we will have enough fully polished maps from a variety of themes, authors, and styles to release a demo pack to showcase the projects goals.

25 minutes ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

Some new stuff, expect the jump to be similar to the jump from Doom 1 to Doom 2 content wise.

Jump in vanilla doom? With a whole dedicated button and everything? What?

16 minutes ago, Redoom said:

Jump in vanilla doom? With a whole dedicated button and everything? What?

Not sure if sarcasm, but he means the jump in content.

12 hours ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

Some new stuff, expect the jump to be similar to the jump from Doom 1 to Doom 2 content wise. Don't worry about anything overly ambitious, me and several members have seen to keeping a tight focus on the styles we want to convey. Hopefully by June we will have enough fully polished maps from a variety of themes, authors, and styles to release a demo pack to showcase the projects goals.

Cool!  Glad to see it's moving in the right direction.

On 4/23/2021 at 8:06 PM, 1Destro3456 said:

Is this project still active? If so, that means that I could join the discord but, can I join even if I don’t contribute anything? (I’m not good at any of the available spots) 

I realize that I'm super late to respond, but of course, feel free, if you haven't already! This applies to anyone who wants to join just to watch our progress.

5 hours ago, Korozive said:

I haven't seen a single screenshot yet but I am already excited about this. :o)

Expect screenshots soon, we've got a few maps done already, but we still need new textures to replace some old ones.

6 hours ago, Captain Keen said:

Just wanted to check in: any chance we'll get some maps to play soon? Even just to test?

Watch out for a new thread soon, this one is severely out of date and doesn't reflect the current goals of the project

The link to said thread should be added to OP. I myself had some trouble finding it again.

4 hours ago, Rudolph said:

The link to said thread should be added to OP. I myself had some trouble finding it again.

Ah, apologies, this thread got buried under other threads and it honestly did not cross my mind that some people following this thread may have missed the new one. I added the link to the original post just it case.