Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Retro Dino

Any Doomers in Wisconsin or the Midwest?

I saw @Omniarch post about Doomers living in Scotland, so I figured if there where any Doomers around my neck of the woods. I've only been here for a few months and I need some friends! 

My cat Tippy is from Wisconsin. From a dairy farm, in fact. Can't get much more Wisconsin than that.

I think there are a number of members from the Chicago area.

1 minute ago, Grazza said:

My cat Tippy is from Wisconsin. From a dairy farm, in fact. Can't get much more Wisconsin than that.

My dog BugE (Not Buggy, he has bug eyes so it's an E) is from way up north. He was from an Amish breeder lol

24 minutes ago, N1ck said:

What's with all these threads asking where people live? What's the agenda here?

It's a secret plot to ..... to .... to take over the world. Yeah! That's it. To take over the world, I say.

1 hour ago, N1ck said:

What's with all these threads asking where people live? What's the agenda here?

I just want to make friends. IDK anyone in my area, or anyone in the state honestly. I figured I'd ask on here. 

Wisconsinite here. Been sheltered in the land of weird accents and cheese since the day I was born.

6 minutes ago, GraphicBleeder said:

Why are there so many threads asking where people live showing up?

Do you really care that much?

It's all a conspiracy!!!

Eh, I dunno, maybe just curiosity, if some people live close to each other they could probably meet too, y'know. That's how friendships are formed sometimes.

I'd do that tbf, but apart from printz and Meddy, no other Romanian fellows frequent DW.

12 hours ago, ReX said:

From this thread, it appears that @Grazza, @maxmanium, @Jello, and (possibly) @Scuba Steve live in the Midwest. None of these people seem to be from Wisconsin, however.

Yeah I'm from western South Dakota, never been to Wisconsin though. Not that I wouldn't like to go, but I've never had a good reason to. 

13 hours ago, Retro Dino said:

*Cries in loneliness* thanks @ReX, thanks for reminding me how lonely I am lol

That's loneliness? I would be surprised to find a Doomworld'er who lives within 1000 km radius from my place.

4 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

That's loneliness? I would be surprised to find a Doomworld'er who lives within 1000 km radius from my place.

How do you even have internet lol

13 hours ago, seed said:

Eh, I dunno, maybe just curiosity, if some people live close to each other they could probably meet too, y'know. That's how friendships are formed sometimes.

Exactly. 

15 hours ago, ZALGO said:

Wisconsinite here. Been sheltered in the land of weird accents and cheese since the day I was born.

Nice! I was born in Fondy and I lived in the La Crosse area for awhile when I was young. I moved to the south for most of my life though. After I got married my wife and I moved to the Northwoods. 

2 hours ago, Retro Dino said:

How do you even have internet lol

I do have internet but I live in 3rd world country where barely anyone had a computer in pre-2000 period and thus most people here never knew about Doom, until probably the arrival of new-Doom games. Even then, most of the gamers here were/are interested in military shooters like CS, MoHAA, COD, Battlefield and nowadays in PUBG.

Surprisingly though, Dangerous Dave (by John Romero) is a very old game that was quite popular in my country and many school computers used to have it.

Hmm, some sort of Convention in the Midwest would be cool; give me a reason to commission a Parias costume. Best way to start is with meet-ups, like they did merely a few decades ago. Of course we already have Gen Con and the most populous furry convention.

16 minutes ago, PaquoCastor said:

Hmm, some sort of Convention in the Midwest would be cool; give me a reason to commission a Parias costume. Best way to start is with meet-ups, like they did merely a few decades ago. Of course we already have Gen Con and the most populous furry convention.

I've been wanting to make a VHS swap convention in the Midwest. That's one thing I miss about Texas. It had the Dallas VHS swap. I'm not even sure if there are any other collectors up here, but I'd give it a shot. A Doom convention would be really awesome. Especially if it was held in Chicago or something like that. 

Just now, PaquoCastor said:

Or near Chicago, like Midwest FurFest.

I don't understand why the Doom community has so many furries. . .

21 hours ago, seed said:

It's all a conspiracy!!!

I'd do that tbf, but apart from printz and Meddy, no other Romanian fellows frequent DW.

Hey!don't forget that i am too a romanian fellow

i used to live in wisconsin for the vast majority of my life, does that count

14 hours ago, Jello said:

Not that I wouldn't like to go, but I've never had a good reason to. 

don't

it sucks

1 hour ago, Boomdav said:

Hey!don't forget that i am too a romanian fellow

Oh cool, so now there's 4 of us. Used to be 6 but a) one got banned, and b) the other stopped posting some time ago.

3 hours ago, roadworx said:

don't

it sucks

I spent the 2019-2020 New Year visiting a friend up in Wausau.  I gotta say I had a great time, but then I spent most of that period full of Hamm's and Polish shots which I'm informed is how winter is spent in that part of the country