Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yandere_Doomer

Does anyone make custom Wolfenstein 3d levels?

I was wondering if anyone makes classic custom Wolf 3d levels... levels that are almost exactly like the original Wolf 3d levels..

the only thing you would have to do is get custom enemies [the Nazis] custom weapons [the original Wolf 3d weapons] and custom textures and decorations....

I was just wondering if there was such a thing... [and could someone tell me where to get these textures and weapons and such? Realm667 has nothing....]

I tried to recreate my house in wolf3d, but I couldn't because I didn't know how to use the editor

So, I don't know if that counts as a custom level heheh

I would love to start making levels for Wolf3D if there was an editor like GZDoom Builder, a "Wolf3D Builder" if I may. Something easy to use and runs native on modern OS. Anyone know of one that people use?

I always wondered if someone used the Wolfenstein textures to make an entire map. I would assume someone has, but like a whole mega wad with doom enemies or a mixture of doom and wolfenstein textures. 

59 minutes ago, Nevander said:

I would love to start making levels for Wolf3D if there was an editor like GZDoom Builder, a "Wolf3D Builder" if I may. Something easy to use and runs native on modern OS. Anyone know of one that people use?

One that I've kept an eye on is WDC, an all-in-one editor similar to Slade 3, but for Wolf 3D and related games. It also supports the Catacomb 3D games, and Commander Keen and Nitemare 3D oddly enough! Haven't had a chance to use it yet, so I can't say how user friendly it is in relation to similar Doom editors.

22 hours ago, Deathclaw886 said:

I was wondering if anyone makes classic custom Wolf 3d levels... levels that are almost exactly like the original Wolf 3d levels..

the only thing you would have to do is get custom enemies [the Nazis] custom weapons [the original Wolf 3d weapons] and custom textures and decorations....

I was just wondering if there was such a thing... [and could someone tell me where to get these textures and weapons and such? Realm667 has nothing....]

I'm trying to understand you. Do you want levels-only mods that you could make custom sprites and textures for?

3 minutes ago, dmslr said:

I'm trying to understand you. Do you want levels-only mods that you could make custom sprites and textures for?

i want to see if anyone makes any vanilla wolfenstein levels.. with gameplay that is identical to the original wolf 3d [as opposed to blade of agony]

On 2/20/2021 at 1:02 AM, Deathclaw886 said:

This part confused me.

Anyways, here is wolf3d mod database for dos, ecwolf and lzwolf. Some of them have custom graphics, some of them are pure level sets. Lzwolf wads can change behavior of weapons and enemies a little bit.

Edited by dmslr

I tried making some Wolfenstein 3D styled levels for a really old mod years ago, but those levels are long lost.

You can always try checking out Paul Corfiatis's WolfenDoomed. It's basically a mapset of classic Doom levels styled as Wolfenstein 3D levels.

1 hour ago, Deathclaw886 said:

i want to see if anyone makes any vanilla wolfenstein levels.. with gameplay that is identical to the original wolf 3d [as opposed to blade of agony]

You'd be better off looking on Wolf 3D focused sites for this, unless it really has to be in Doom for some reason. People do make vanilla or near-vanilla mapsets for Wolfenstein 3D. Here's a list for the former category. Acktung and Acktung 2 seem to be especially well regarded among Wolf 3D players.

3 hours ago, Deathclaw886 said:

so is this edge thing another source port?

Yes.

I used to make Wolfenstein 3D levels, but they were sloppy and immensely low-effort. But who can blame me? I was a teenager back then.

Sigh.

You should've worded it "Wolfenstein-themed". That would have been fifty thousand times clearer right from the get-go. >.>

I've just been on a Wolf3D kick myself lol.. For what you're asking I'd say the best bet is to get a Wolf3d source port (if you don't already) so you can run .wl(x) files and the like. There's tons of those out there, here's a few...   http://dhw.wolfenstein3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=8485 - https://www.moddb.com/games/wolfenstein-3d/addons

I haven't come across much as far as "vanilla but custom" as far as .wad/.pk3 files go yet, but the closest to original gameplay and episodes I've found so far is this- https://www.afadoomer.com/wolf3d/about.html 

I'll keep you in mind if I find anything else!

19 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Sigh.

You should've worded it "Wolfenstein-themed". That would have been fifty thousand times clearer right from the get-go. >.>

im not looking for wolfenstein themed levels... i am looking for custom levels that are Exactly like wolfenstein... [same to the original]

and have it in a pk7 and run on Zdoom. [like wolf 3d consolidated]

There are many custom map packs for Wolf3D for SDL or Dos. SDL basically is kind of like, the exact same logic, but you can just run it on Windows. For vanilla style, probably here is a good place to start.

On the other hand, SDL can do a lot more cool stuff, which makes it like Boom or whatnot (though not a good analogy). Team Raycast made quite a few SDL based wolf levels. I personally like SDL a lot because it has interesting stuff on top of vanilla, but it doesn't really lose the Wolf3D cuteness.

Shameless self promotion:

Spoiler

However, I would say for the Wolf3D modding community, they don't have a ton of testers and many of the mapsets may be subpar IMO. 

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

There are many custom map packs for Wolf3D for SDL or Dos. SDL basically is kind of like, the exact same logic, but you can just run it on Windows. For vanilla style, probably here is a good place to start.

On the other hand, SDL can do a lot more cool stuff, which makes it like Boom or whatnot (though not a good analogy). Team Raycast made quite a few SDL based wolf levels. I personally like SDL a lot because it has interesting stuff on top of vanilla, but it doesn't really lose the Wolf3D cuteness.

I'd say SDL is more like "Chocolate Wolf" but with limits removed. I don't think Wolfenstein 3D has a source-port that occupies the same niche as Boom, considering ECWolf/LZWolf are far more advanced (being based on ZDoom IIRC) but still being very faithful to the vanilla experience, so not really "ZWolf" either (even if they support DECORATE).

6 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

I'd say SDL is more like "Chocolate Wolf" but with limits removed. I don't think Wolfenstein 3D has a source-port that occupies the same niche as Boom, considering ECWolf/LZWolf are far more advanced (being based on ZDoom IIRC) but still being very faithful to the vanilla experience, so not really "ZWolf" either (even if they support DECORATE).

Probably that's a better way to put it, but the stuff you can add to the mod, it's more like Boom-ish, so yeah, it's hard to compare side by side for sure. I think SDL is mostly vanilla style, but it has minor differences. A rather obvious example would be walking in a 1-wide hallway, you can miss the item in vanilla, but in SDL, you won't.

LZWolf/ECWolf is definitely like the GZDoom kind of thing, which usually I don't really like.

2 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

LZWolf/ECWolf is definitely like the GZDoom kind of thing, which usually I don't really like.

Interesting, I've played through W3D/SOD/MP at least once on DOS, SDL and ECWolf and they all felt similar play wise (other than minute differences like the pushwall and fireball bugs, where ECWolf actually emulates the DOS behaviour unlike SDL). NewWolf on the other hand... completely different, I'd say it's the Doomsday/jDoom of Wolfenstein 3D source-ports (but worse).

On 2/21/2021 at 2:49 AM, Midnight_00 said:

You'd be better off looking on Wolf 3D focused sites for this, unless it really has to be in Doom for some reason. People do make vanilla or near-vanilla mapsets for Wolfenstein 3D. Here's a list for the former category. Acktung and Acktung 2 seem to be especially well regarded among Wolf 3D players.

Looks like a great forum.

But where to download the levels themselves, I wonder?