Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

Female Slayer

32 minutes ago, VoanHead said:

Lord, forgive me for what I'm about to do.

Hide contents

In all seriousness, I could care less. I want to focus on my shooty big guns at bad evil demons rather than focus on that of all things. Besides, you're gonna be in first-person the whole time, don't matter who or what you're playing as in first-person looks like.

amen. she kills demons, so why should i care.

I think it was Romero who said that the reason they never gave the Doom Marine an official name is because it's supposed to represent you, the player! So this is cool for female Doomers.

This is just my opinion so please don't lynch me. I personally don't like the idea of a female slayer. If it's a skin for Eternal, that's fine. Adding a whole new character with different abilities just for the sake of her being female is ridiculous to me. What's the point? To just have more diversity? I'd usually say make a whole new character that's female but for Dooms sake, I don't believe it belongs anywhere. The slayer himself is special. There's a reason he's there. There's a whole backstory for him to be there. Sure you could implement a female and give her a back story, but in Dooms case the slayer is special. It's his fight, and his fight alone. It's like the Matrix 4 and the color codes. I know the movie isn't out yet but there's rumors of them changing the matrix code to a rainbow color to support the LGBT community. If you want to support them that's cool, whatever. Changing somethings lore and cannon to draw in a new diverse crowd upsets me honestly. We can't fit everything into everyone's ideal version of what they want for whatever it may be. (Also yes I do realize The Matrix has rainbow code in it, but there's a reason for it in the certain scenes. They want to change all of the code to support the LGBT community.) I also just want to make a note before someone quotes me and chews my head off; I don't care if a character is female or male. I care about what's already been set in stone for whatever story it may be. If there's an option to play as a male or female character that's cool, but cannon wise the character should always remain male, in Dooms case. I'm not trying to be like "No FeMAleS aLLoWeD", I'm just saying that if a story is set in stone, leave it be. 

Femslayer would be cool. As long as she'd be reasonably proportioned and reasonably clothed, not wearing a praetor bikini with ginormous hooters and dumptruck ass. You're supposed to kill the demons, not fuck em.

Spoiler

says the person who once wrote a mancubus x doomgirl sex poem, hypocrisy i know

I would love to see a female slayer. However since the new-Dooms (especially Doom Eternal) have defined the slayer as more than just template for the player, I think going with the just another skin would not be the best option. I think the female slayer would be better off by being her own character with different abilities and have her own DLC/Spinoff where she would occasionally cross paths with Doomslayer and normally would be fighting in areas where he couldn't be present.

And as 129th Visplane said above my comment, please make her reasonable and don't make her overly fan-servicey.

Also don't make her "Crash". Crash is a forgettable character that almost no one outside of Quake 3 player know about. Also she is the weakest character/bot in Quake 3.

Edited by ReaperAA

New characters with different playstyles, abilities, and weapons would add a lot of replay value to the campaign. They could bring back Crash to become the next Slayer, since she's already an established Doomgirl. Then maybe one day, they can bring back Phobos too...

I’m not opposed to the idea so long as they implement it well making sure she is her own character and not just a female version of the slayer :-P

The Slayer / Doomguy (if they are the same person?) is / are established to be male so suddenly chucking in the option to change that would be a no go for me. I don’t wanna hear a female doom guy saying “RIP... AND... TEAR!” like a seriously coked up gorilla. Not because she can’t (I’m not ashamed to say I’ve definitely met some girls that can out party me over the years XD) but because that’s the slayers thing and I would want her to have her own personality and whatnot :-D

That said, if they introduce a new (or previously established) totally badass female character (like Crash) and let you kick some serious demon ass as her, that would be pretty damn cool :-D

Edited by DooM Bear

5 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

Does anyone know if they ever got around to fully animating the Crash skin in Skulltag? She had 0 walk frames.

Sadly it was never finished, but there are some female variants by Captain Ventris and others in this skins pack:

3 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

You can use the 150skins wad that @Doomkid uses in doomshack.org and change your genre to female and BAM! Doom girl (ZDOOM and derivates)

Here's the link for that: https://doomshack.org/wads/150skins.zip

/me is playing as DoomGirl for years. the skin is based on Selene (with some small edits), and recently i added mugshots and sounds from Ion Maiden. somehow i feel that if demonic asses are kicked by DoomGirl instead of DoomGuy, it is even more k00l and power-power-powerfantasy.

p.s.: don't want to make it public due to Ion Maiden asset rips, tho. maybe later.

I don't really care what the character gender is. But if they want to make a female character from Quake 3 in the Doom universe then I hope it isn't Crash. I'd rather see a new character or Major from Quake 3. I know her backstory but there is nothing stopping them from remaking her as a Doom one. Everything about her screams killing machine ( Height, appearance, voice and doesn't help that she is strongest bot in Q3 bar the stupid bs Xaero ).

In comparison Crash is the weakest character in Q3 "tier" wise, while Major and Doom are both in the highest tier.

Edited by Pegg

5 hours ago, Retro Dino said:

This is just my opinion so please don't lynch me. I personally don't like the idea of a female slayer. If it's a skin for Eternal, that's fine. Adding a whole new character with different abilities just for the sake of her being female is ridiculous to me. What's the point? To just have more diversity? I'd usually say make a whole new character that's female but for Dooms sake, I don't believe it belongs anywhere. The slayer himself is special. There's a reason he's there. There's a whole backstory for him to be there. Sure you could implement a female and give her a back story, but in Dooms case the slayer is special. It's his fight, and his fight alone. It's like the Matrix 4 and the color codes. I know the movie isn't out yet but there's rumors of them changing the matrix code to a rainbow color to support the LGBT community. If you want to support them that's cool, whatever. Changing somethings lore and cannon to draw in a new diverse crowd upsets me honestly. We can't fit everything into everyone's ideal version of what they want for whatever it may be. (Also yes I do realize The Matrix has rainbow code in it, but there's a reason for it in the certain scenes. They want to change all of the code to support the LGBT community.) I also just want to make a note before someone quotes me and chews my head off; I don't care if a character is female or male. I care about what's already been set in stone for whatever story it may be. If there's an option to play as a male or female character that's cool, but cannon wise the character should always remain male, in Dooms case. I'm not trying to be like "No FeMAleS aLLoWeD", I'm just saying that if a story is set in stone, leave it be. 

representation matters. and in a game series that is nearly 30 years old with now a lot of female players, it definitely matters. the beauty of games is that you can change or add the story for ANY reason you want, if it makes some semblance of sense. an alternative Doom universe would actually make all the sense, considering how much of it is set in space.
I've had so many conversations with other female players and we all say the same thing. there isn't even a female icon option in the Slayer's club. we just want to be included and represented, yo. that's all. that's it.
without sounding too political, I've frankly had enough of the "sanctity of the story means no diversity representation" thing. by now there are plenty of ways to include diverse genders/sexualities into a story, and while it's a dev's choice if they don't, they shouldn't be shamed for wanting to.

Don't care about genders as long as such character is relevant in the game. Otherwise, why bother?

10 minutes ago, antares031 said:

She looks cute, I approve.

Not meaning to derail the thread here, but am I the only one sick to death of the DOOM x AC memes?

7 hours ago, Orchid87 said:

They tried female Blazkowicz (two of them) recently but forgot to make the game itself good.

I love those gals.

And here's a treat if you want to play as a female incarnation of Duke:

13 hours ago, Major Arlene said:

The fact a female Doom Slayer is considered possibly controversial in this day and age is pretty damn ridiculous imo.

This, this, this. But as you can see there are still some slightly fragile wieners even in this thread who cry "BUT WHAT ABOUT CANON" and "I DON'T WANT HER TO SOUND TOUGH." Since they are customers, the company will consider their input.

Honestly I won't be impressed until the only option is a female character that doesn't spill out of her breastplate or croon like a fucking siren. And since we're discussing the practicality of sexy armor... real armor for women does not have boob shapes. Putting in boob contours actually weakens the armor, according to my historian friend. It may have a little bit more room, but otherwise it should be essentially flat in order to absorb impacts correctly.

Of course, I don't mind at all when videogames go full fantasy fairy land. The problem is when there's a double standard. You want doomgirl in a sci-fi bikini that technomagically protects her entire body? Fine! I assume I will be given a similar skimpy option for doomguy! Fair is fair, amirite?

1 hour ago, Major Arlene said:

I've had so many conversations with other female players and we all say the same thing. there isn't even a female icon option in the Slayer's club. we just want to be included and represented, yo. that's all. that's it.

But, what are the rules? How can I possibly represent female players without offending... er... the "general population"?

Edited by magicsofa

6 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

Putting in boob contours actually weakens the armor, according to my historian friend. It may have a little bit more room, but otherwise it should be essentially flat in order to absorb impacts correctly.

More precisely, it's the cleavage shape, which acts as a shot trap, funneling the blows towards the sternum. A monoboob armor is fine. You want an armor shape that will deflect the blows away, so it should be convex everywhere as much as possible. The perfect shape for protection would be a sphere, but that's obviously not practical.

3 hours ago, Pegg said:

I don't really care what the character gender is. But if they want to make a female character from Quake 3 in the Doom universe then I hope it isn't Crash. I'd rather see a new character or Major from Quake 3. I know her backstory but there is nothing stopping them from remaking her as a Doom one. Everything about her screams killing machine ( Height, appearance, voice and doesn't help that she is strongest bot in Q3 bar the stupid bs Xaero ).

In comparison Crash is the weakest character in Q3 "tier" wise, while Major and Doom are both in the highest tier.

^This.