Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eurisko

Female Slayer

9 hours ago, Gez said:

The perfect shape for protection would be a sphere, but that's obviously not practical.

And if you have two spheres does it make it better?

okay enough boob jokes, sorry

On topic, gimmmmeee. A femslayer would be awesome 

For me, history lore does not hold up as we see Doom lore works in any premise where are Demons to be killed.

Character lore it's more important, and my only reason to have a more original character instead of Slayer Gal it's only because being different from him will let her shine more among the community. She will be more original that a Doom Girl for another dimmesion.

Power level, Playable wise should be the same as Doom Slayer, dont' see why she can't have big guns or stregh to push demons back, as that's fixed with a UAC Predator Suit or whatsoever.

But im only saying Character Lore wise, i dont expect them crushing again a Titan God or a Icon of Sin, but a Mega Tyrant or Spider Mastermind comes in mind in what to destroy.

But im only wishing for a more Original Character, and yes, Crash it's my favorite because it's some of my skins in QL but they also can do a more new fresh and make it different name and stuff.

Personally feel as though people are over thinking it a bit tbh. Simply retcon Crash into being one of the Knight sentinels that survived the demon invasion on argenta with the story being you fighting your way to survival using Knight sentinels weaponry and such. She doesn't need to be as strong as the slayer plus Knight Sentinels themselves were known to be great warrior still capable of slaying demons. Her design would be reminiscent of Night Sentinetal armor similar to the marauder. xgbl8w2ktxv41.png

11 hours ago, magicsofa said:

real armor for women does not have boob shapes. Putting in boob contours actually weakens the armor, according to my historian friend. It may have a little bit more room, but otherwise it should be essentially flat in order to absorb impacts correctly.

Women with large to very large breasts probably weren’t being sent off to battle in armor historically and that makes sense, but in a fantasy setting, aren’t large breasted women entitled to a character who more closely resembles them? By no means am I saying it should be sexualised, but it’s simply a matter of physics that double D breasts aren’t going to fit into armor designed for a male chest, isn’t it?

(Not a charged question - sadly I have to clarify that in this age where the slightest mention of female representation in a “mans game” gets some people super angry)

Then again I guess a lot of body types never get represented, so maybe it’s much ado about nothing. I just feel like normalisation of all shapes and sizes is the best possible outcome, not just in Doom but in any game that allows player customisation.

5 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Then again I guess a lot of body types never get represented, so maybe it’s much ado about nothing. I just feel like normalisation of all shapes and sizes is the best possible outcome, not just in Doom but in any game that allows player customisation.

sad flat chested noises

3 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

[...] it’s simply a matter of physics that double D breasts aren’t going to fit into armor designed for a male chest, isn’t it?

I dunno, the Pauli exclusion principle doesn't tend to be respected a lot around here. Have you seen how easily 3D models can "clip" into each other even in games of this day and age?

On the other hand, that would have a different outcome. I don't want to know how breasts clipping out of flat chestplates look like.

5 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

PP size

1% [=#                  .                          ] 200%

(yep, that notch is meant to represent 100%)

I believe that because of this is why "doomguy" had no identity,  "he" is supposed to be your avatar (You may know what an avatar is), "he" could be a "she" if a girl is playing, even if "he" has a male face or a male marine body. So, yeah, a female slayer isn't a bad idea, it's cool to include women into the "RIP AND TEAR" game. They have the right to play too and feel like they are the slayer. (I'm studying human rights so this will help with my homework XD)

12 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

"he" could be a "she" if a girl is playing, even if "he" has a male face or a male marine body.

I once devised a wallaby character for roleplay, I never developed much of a canon for it; he is generally a he, but often he also carries potion satchel, including a temporary male-to-female kind. It really depends on the context, I just think of it as a fun gimmick lol. I felt like it might be related.

It's a bit hard to imagine Doomguy as being female, intuition would tell that such a thing would be unlikely. I imagine if in the current zeitgeist the implied link between appearance and gender is weaker? Like, maybe one can imagine Doomguy as a transgender? ...although that wouldn't sound very canonical, given that the widely accepted "canon" in Doom was solidified during the 90s, so.

Just to make it clear, whatever gender you are is perfectly fine, whether you like protruding outward or inward, or whether you prefer slim or curvy, I don't mind. It's all equally fun!!!

21 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Like, maybe one can imagine Doomguy as a transgender?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaa I wasn't meaning that, what I tried to say is that you (everybody, not only you hehehe) are doomguy, whatever is your genre.

42 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Women with large to very large breasts probably weren’t being sent off to battle in armor historically and that makes sense, but in a fantasy setting, aren’t large breasted women entitled to a character who more closely resembles them? By no means am I saying it should be sexualised, but it’s simply a matter of physics that double D breasts aren’t going to fit into armor designed for a male chest, isn’t it?

Perhaps not, I just find it a fascinating point of reference in the realism/practicality vs stylized/sexualized debate. I haven't researched it in depth and mainly got insight from a friend who is a hardcore historian and medieval war fanatic. He gets a kick out of booby armor because it's so contrary to the historical armor worn by actual women. I'm pretty sure he mentioned some sort of taping/roping down (ouch) of breasts in order to fit them into armor. There's also the legendary warriors who cut off their right breast (mega ouch) in order to prevent it getting in the way of archery... the amazons! Which, I just learned, means "without breast!" Intriguing...

Anyway, historically women didn't fight wars very often, but when they did, it wasn't with booby armor. It would have been basically the same as male armor. So what's the point of this observation? Well, to me it just illustrates what is important to modern people, and more specifically, men who design female characters. They want to see boobs so they design armor with boobs. They don't care to see dongs so they don't design armor with big codpieces... even though that totally did happen:

c2YDZRm.jpg

I personally have no problem with fantasy armor being totally outrageous, stylized, sexy, and impractical. It's a video game, who cares? My problem is that 99% of the time, male characters can be any size and shape with varying armor styles, while female characters are shoehorned into a very specific and obvious stereotype: Slender, big tits and ass, metal underwear. I think the Doom universe is a very appropriate place to go against that grain.

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

As @magicsofa mentioned, weren't warriors/soldiers generally male, and it was rare for women to be sent to battle? My war history is rather rough, so I may be mistaken.

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

Jesus, why is it curving upward? Spin that thing around 180 degrees for Pete's sake!

Gotta give'r room to grow, good sir. Ya never know what sexy people you might find when you're off to battle!

6 minutes ago, Rytrik said:

Gotta give'r room to grow, good sir. Ya never know what sexy people you might find when you're off to battle!

Anyone else hate when they get pre-battle wood?

Anyway, I think a new character at all could be interesting as a way to experiment with new abilities and maybe even brand new weapon sets without being “held back,” so to speak, by expectations of what Doomguy’s abilities/arsenal should be (ex. Always have to have weapons slots for the classics like SSG, chaingun, etc.).

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

Jesus, why is it curving upward? Spin that thing around 180 degrees for Pete's sake!

Because curving it downwards makes riding on a horse nigh impossible...

24 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Because curving it downwards makes riding on a horse nigh impossible...

It all makes sense now! (and by "it all" I mean upward-tilting metal dick holsters)

45 minutes ago, ketmar said:

i still want to see male DoomSlayer in metal bikini. as default player skin.

That juicy cake of his would rival the cyberdemon's glutes.

2 hours ago, magicsofa said:

c2YDZRm.jpg

Damn, that seems like a lure that could draw warhammer/mace wielding oponents to try and bash the knight's manhood.

I'm still puzzled why they couldn't just make it a protective cup. And how does one piss with this thing on? 

2 minutes ago, Pirx said:

And how does one piss with this thing on? 

Duh, that's why it curves upwards.

I remember seeing crazy pre-release speculation/baseless rumors about how the DLC would have the player as Crash during the events of one of the new games, fighting with a hybrid of Quake 3/D2016 multiplayer/whatever mechanics and weapons. It sounded very neat and very unlikely, and TAG of course kibosh'd the idea.

To mirror the journo, don't get your hopes up. There's still a bunch of stuff that's higher on the list, like the obvious TAG2 and seemingly-still-happening Invasion Mode, along with general bug fixing and whatever else id is planning to do. like making Battlemode good :^)  Not to mention the whole coronavirus thing putting a major damper on them. Shoving in an entire new playstyle any time soon would be nuts.

Anyways, I found this art:

Spoiler

e98.jpg.47de12c9304d9f2316a625654ca61e29.jpg

I feel like this video needs be shared just to debunk the myth that boob armor is objectively ineffective.

2 hours ago, Doomkid said:

It’s for the vibrations from riding a horse obviously ;-P

Kinda like those awkward ones that came from sitting over the engine on the school bus back in the day XD