Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbagdarrel

Doomers all over the world, what are some swear words you use all the time in your country?

Recommended Posts

I feel like I'm taking a big risk by posting this thread but screw it I like to study languages and even though this is a silly endevor, I like to swear in other languages and IDK why. So where ever you are from on this planet, what are the most common cusses you say in your countries and what do they mean?

NO HOMOPHOBIC OR RACIST WORDS! THIS IS JUST FOR FUN.

 

NO offense is to be taken here either I'm truly curious. Please no fighting.

All I know is

UK English- Wanker

Spanish- Carajo/Cabron

Portuguese- Caralho

Hindi- Madarchod/Benchod

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

Share this post


Link to post

Tosser, cunt, wanker, twat, bugger, arse, bastard, bollocks, bloody, piss off, cack and nob are things us in Queenslandtm say almost every sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Tosser, cunt, wanker, twat, bugger, arse, bastard, bollocks, bloody, piss off, cack and nob are things us in Queenslandtm say almost every sentence.

I've heard those other ones but what is a "cack"?

Share this post


Link to post

The usual suspects...

 

motherfucker

son of a bitch

malaka

pajero

chatte baveuse

dunce

shit for brains

lèche mon cul

 

kinda depends where I'm at...

Share this post


Link to post

@P41R47 Wow great list man love it gonna print it out and reference it could come in handy here where I live. LOL JK. But I do live in a town that has a large Puerto Rican population, that's how I learned "Vete pal carajo!" I say it all the time ha

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Tosser, cunt, wanker, twat, bugger, arse, bastard, bollocks, bloody, piss off, cack and nob are things us in Queenslandtm say almost every sentence.

Wait... Aren't you English?! Or did you literally mean "The Queen's Land"?

Share this post


Link to post

Apart from the usual boring goddamn American English ones, I find I say блядь and 씨발 a lot day to day

Share this post


Link to post

I tend not to swear unless I'm working on something, like a house or a vehicle and it's not going the way that I would like it. Then I just throw words together as a cathartic gesture and it helps calm me down. Like ass-fucking-goddamn-cock-sucking-son-of-a-bitching-cunt when I gouge my hand trying to get an alternator out. It keeps me from getting too upset at how irritating some vehicles are designed.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Jello said:

I just throw words together as a cathartic gesture and it helps calm me down. Like ass-fucking-goddamn-cock-sucking-son-of-a-bitching-cunt

LOL I do that too! sometimes you keep going till it makes no sense and you run out of words lol.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

what is that?

 

Блядь (one of a few spellings I've seen) or blyat is Russian, well-documented by the internets, I'm not sure how directly it translates but I've usually been told it means like "bitch" or something, but usually I've heard it used as a general exclamation or dropped excessively at the ends of sentences by foul-mouthed people

 

EDIT: It means whore, thank you @SilverMiner

 

씨발 (ssibal) is Korean, also not sure how directly it translates, also used as an exclamation like "fuck" or "shit"

 

Oh, yeah, I also forgot to mention I say "ASS!" a lot because I watched too many AVGN videos as a teenager

Edited by StupidBunny

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

LOL I do that too! sometimes you keep going till it makes no sense and you run out of words lol.

Glad to know I'm not the only one. But I learned it from my Dad, he was a car mechanic for years, and his method to calm down was cursing when things weren't going the way he wanted them to. He doesn't curse at people when he's angry, it's always either directed at an object that's irritating him or in a joke; which I respect. And I have to say it does actually help. Just string words together, get it out of your system, and move on. Otherwise I tend to get pissed off to the point where I just give up, or start acting irrationally and end up making a situation worse.

 

And it partially stems from working with a guy who managed to fit "fuck" into sentences almost every other word when I was a teenager. And I realized just how stupid it makes someone sound. "So you fucking take this fucking chicken and fucking put it in the fucking batter and fucking stick it on this fucking thing and fucking put it in the fucking grease for ten fucking minutes and put it over fucking here". (I was working at KFC.)

 

But yeah, I tend to only curse in conversation when I really want my words to have a meaning, otherwise there's no point in setting aside specific words as having additional impact. When I say a curse word, I want people to know that I mean it. Well, the big curse words, I've only called two people in my life a cunt, one was joking, but I went too far and she was really offended, so I apologized profusely; one was dead serious, because she was being a cunt. Pissed her off beyond belief and I don't regret it. Damn, ass, and shit are more just descriptors. That damn shitty ass ratchet broke on me.

Edited by Jello

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Jello said:

"So you fucking take this fucking chicken and fucking put it in the fucking batter and fucking stick it on this fucking thing and fucking put it in the fucking grease for ten fucking minutes and put it over fucking here". (I was working at KFC.)

I worked there too. Mine never would have tolerated that lol

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a p chill guy, I don't swear a lot unless something really pisses me off, then I use generic terms like piece of shit, cunt, fucking retard, fuckhead, dumbass..

16 minutes ago, StupidBunny said:

Oh, yeah, I also forgot to mention I say "ASS!" a lot because I watched too many AVGN videos as a teenager

AVGN was ahead of his time

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

I worked there too. Mine never would have tolerated that lol

I literally worked there for four hours, the next day I got a job offer at a better place. Well, a place where I didn't reek of chicken. But it was an interesting four hours; aside from the cursing co-worker, I also dropped an entire batch of chicken on the floor after slipping on grease from the fryer, and was told to fry it anyway. The grease would kill anything on it. It didn't take off the hair, but I'm sure it killed the bacteria. And I found out that if you ran both fryers at the same time the grease would get backed up and spill on the floor. Which is why I slipped in the first place, someone else had backed them up, but after slipping nobody told me that's why there was grease on the floor. So I ran both fryers at the same time and got more grease on the floor.

 

This was a really bad KFC by the way, closed down a few years later, and I'm not sure if I would be surprised at what happened there that finally got it shuttered.

Share this post


Link to post

Hmmm... are expressions meant to try not swearing also allowed? lol

 

I'm half Filipino, so one sentence I hear a lot from my Lola (Grandma) and now I say it 'cause I've heard it all my life, is "Ay Nako!" Now this literally translated is literally just "Oh my child". It's a very common Filipino phrase lol. Another one she says, but I forgot how you say it, but it has a nonsensical translation "oh child of bread!" if I can remember I'll share it, but I find that one really funny haha. 

 

Okay but I am a born American so.... well I am sure our swears are very commonly known lol. Your usually damn, ass, what the hell, pissed (my favorite to use lol), etc. One that I don't hear too often (but I picked it up from a relative lol) is "pound sand!" now this is basically short for "go pound sand up your ass" lol. 

 

Swearing in other languages is quite fascinating, but what is more fascinating is how one word that is bad in one language may exist in another language that is totally harmless ('cause there is only so many sounds). Like looking at all those Spanish swears... "puto" to Filipinos, this has no negative connotation at all, it's literally a type of rice cake! It's soft, fluffy, lightly sweet...so I grew up hearing this word and all I think of is rice cake, even now, despite recently finding out it's a pretty harsh swear in Spanish. However we also have the word "puta" and that does mean the same thing as the Spanish word lol but oddly "puto" is something else entirely, it is not a swear in Filipino it's a pastry. On the flip side, the word "kiki" can simply be a girl's name in some places but in Filipino this is the woman's privates lol. Anyone else ever experienced this analyzing languages or in your own language? 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Kokoro Hane said:

"pound sand!" now this is basically short for "go pound sand up your ass" lol. 

I love that LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Kokoro Hane said:

Like looking at all those Spanish swears... "puto" to Filipinos, this has no negative connotation at all, it's literally a type of rice cake! It's soft, fluffy, lightly sweet...so I grew up hearing this word and all I think of is rice cake, even now, despite recently finding out it's a pretty harsh swear in Spanish. However we also have the word "puta" and that does mean the same thing as the Spanish word lol but oddly "puto" is something else entirely, it is not a swear in Filipino it's a pastry. On the flip side, the word "kiki" can simply be a girl's name in some places but in Filipino this is the woman's privates lol. Anyone else ever experienced this analyzing languages or in your own language?

oh, girl you make my day!

I'm spanish speaker, and now i can't stop laughing, cause i'm a man who really love to eat ''putos'', rice cakes, but in my language it would be like i really love eat male sex parntners. And my little Kiki is now my little pussy!?!?!

hahahahahaha

 

and yes, i love to ''analize'' things like that with foreign languages :D

Notice the analize, as i don't mean to use it as i caress my butt on other languages :P

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Jello said:

And it partially stems from working with a guy who managed to fit "fuck" into sentences almost every other word when I was a teenager. And I realized just how stupid it makes someone sound. "So you fucking take this fucking chicken and fucking put it in the fucking batter and fucking stick it on this fucking thing and fucking put it in the fucking grease for ten fucking minutes and put it over fucking here".

Ah yes, known as the "fuck ratio". I recall there were some kids at school with an almost perfect fuck ratio of about 1. Of course, it is possible to be higher than that, but it starts getting a little contrived.

 

The basic "fuck" gets the job done in terms of involuntary utterances, but when driving through a worryingly narrow gap, then it has to be "fuck shit fuck shit fuck shit". If there is time to think, then one can be more creative. Words like "cuntbubble" are good for a laugh, as are some international terms like "for helvede", "zhopa" and the classic "Scheisse" (can be said slowly). And if you want to be classy, then Latin has its uses. You can't beat a good "futue te ipsum". This page looks useful, and this book I recall had a nice section on Stealth Latin, whereby you say something rude but claim it means something else. And let's not forget Semprini and Fitbin.

 

And then there's the masterclass:

 

Share this post


Link to post

Playing any game and something happens that is out of my control (main culprit would be Doom, such as a hard hit from a random enemy), a quick middle finger at the screen suffices for me. Unless I lose a lot of progress, well...

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

oh, girl you make my day!

I'm spanish speaker, and now i can't stop laughing, cause i'm a man who really love to eat ''putos'', rice cakes, but in my language it would be like i really love eat male sex parntners. And my little Kiki is now my little pussy!?!?!

hahahahahaha

HAHAHAHA! Yeah I can imagine how awkward it must be if a Spanish speaking person walked into a Filipino bakery, picked up a package of our rice cakes, and saw the name lol. That may be why a lot of bakeries I go to in parenthesis always put "rice cake" next to it. It's not for our benefit, we know what it is, but someone else might be like "uhhhh..." lol.

 

Haha yup. Imagine what the title "Kiki's Delivery Service" sounds like to some lol. My brain is smart enough not to think of anything dirty, it's a really good family anime movie so when I watch it, it still sounds like just a name to me, but once in awhile I snicker thinking how bad it could come off xD

Languages are funny like that!

 

@Dubbagdarrel Oh my lol. But in all seriousness, as said above, my brain is smart enough to switch gears and know it is simply a name.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rytrik said:

"Sorry"

you will be banned, man

thats a the most awful insult i ever saw in my whole life

 

The ultimate insult, the forbiden word

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Rytrik said:

"Have a nice day"

"Sorry"

"Hoser"

 

I'm a Canadian.

So are those basically the Canadian equivalent of a person from the Southern US saying "Well bless your heart"? 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Jello said:

So are those basically the Canadian equivalent of a person from the Southern US saying "Well bless your heart"? 

 

I shouldn't be telling you these secrets...

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, Rytrik said:

 

I shouldn't be telling you these secrets...

I live in South Dakota, and "Minnesota Nice" has always seemed extremely similar to "Canadian Nice" and in South Dakota we don't have a "nice" but it's always been passive aggressive. "Sorry" means "Fuck you, I can't help you, please leave, fuck off"; "Have a nice day" can genuinely mean you sincerely hope someone has a nice day, or it means thank you for fucking off and leaving me alone. 

 

All you've done is confirmed my suspicion that Canadians are exactly like everyone else in the world, but more polite in how they tell people to fuck off. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Jello said:

I live in South Dakota, and "Minnesota Nice" has always seemed extremely similar to "Canadian Nice" and in South Dakota we don't have a "nice" but it's always been passive aggressive. "Sorry" means "Fuck you, I can't help you, please leave, fuck off"; "Have a nice day" can genuinely mean you sincerely hope someone has a nice day, or it means thank you for fucking off and leaving me alone. 

 

All you've done is confirmed my suspicions that Canadians are exactly like everyone else in the world, just more polite in how they tell people to fuck off. :)

 

 

Shhhhhh :)

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×