What Pet Do You Have?

What's Your Pet?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. I Have:

• A Dog.
    • A Cat.
    • A Rabbit.
    • Fish (Or Fishes.).
    • Other, or I have more pets that aren't listed.

I have 16 year old cat that lives at my parent's house.

7 minutes ago, Loud Silence said:

Mouse. I play with her a lot. She never eat or poop, but does have very long tail with USB plug.

I own a purebred wireless. Has won first place at many a mouse show.

I own dog and two cats, life never gets boring and they all 3 bring me some happiness during hard days. 

Ps. Why this thread is in doom general place?

1 minute ago, Misty said:

Why this thread is in doom general place?

Because aliens don't where hats.

Currently none, but I did use to have quite a few over the years.

Had a cat, a neighbor's cat (long story - not really but too lazy to explain right now, heh), two parrots, three hamsters, and a rabbit. They all offered fairly interesting experiences.

I haven't considered getting any other animals in a long time to be frank, mainly because they require lots of time and attention - that, and my old folks didn't enjoy the experince too much, mainly for these two reasons. It was more daunting than enjoyable to have animals for them.

4 minutes ago, seed said:

I haven't considered getting any other animals in a long time to be frank, mainly because they require lots of time and attention - that, and my old folks didn't enjoy the experince too much, mainly for these two reasons. It was more daunting than enjoyable to have animals for them.

That's why I adopted a senior cat. She doesn't need a metric ton of attention like a kitten or younger cat does, she mostly does her own thing. Besides the incessant whining for treats though. 

20 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

Hola preta  :)

Preta is the feminine form of the Portuguese word for "black" :p

Just now, Gustavo6046 said:

Preta is the feminine form of the Portuguese word for "black" :p

Oh, that makes sense. In spanish is negra (sounds a little offensive, but that's the word)

1 hour ago, Lol 6 said:

In spanish is negra (sounds a little offensive, but that's the word)

Here it's not an offensive word, at least not on its own. We don't have a direct equivalent of the English N-word, nor does Spanish I think. Honestly I think at this point being a "direct equivalent" would mean being taken as an offense without regard for context, which is a stupid thing, words - and, by extension, natural language itself - are inherently based on context, so I don't know what the fuck is up with some words being "more" offensive than others.

2 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Here it's not an offensive word, at least not on its own. We don't have a direct equivalent of the English N-word, nor does Spanish I think. Honestly I think at this point being a "direct equivalent" would mean being taken as an offense without regard for context, which is a stupid thing, words - and, by extension, natural language itself - are inherently based on context, so I don't know what the fuck is up with some words being "more" offensive than others.

Well, it's just that I usually neither hear it or use it, so when I hear it I feel weird. In my state (and probably in the whole republic) we say "morena", that way it doesn't soud offensive or weird, in Yucatán we even say "boxito" (pronounced as boshito) which in maya means "man with brown skin"

2 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

Well, it's just that I usually neither hear it or use it, so when I hear it I feel weird.

It depends on the context. Here it's obviously used quite a bit by people engaging on racial prejudice, but it's always been used in other contexts, even completely unrelated ones, like to describe very dark places, or like in fantasy, "Cetro Negro" (the "Black Scepter").

In my state (and probably in the whole republic) we say "morena", that way it doesn't soud offensive or weird, in Yucatán we even say "boxito" (pronounced as boshito) which in maya means "man with brown skin"

We have that word here too, but it's more like for slightly darker skin tones, not really ethnicity. Even something like a tan. "Moreno" in the male form of the word, "morena" in the female form.

Awh! Yeah, she is very pretty! And quite well-behaved, she used to be naughty with toilet paper and no-holds-barred littering and stuff. She's still not spayed, though, so there is that too, although we will soon!

Notice how people with pet snakes don't also have pet mice. And vice versa.

A cat named Lilly, you can see her in Mr. Freeze's thread. She's sleeping comfortably in her recliner right now, so I'm not going to bother her by taking a picture. It was a really comfy recliner too, but she's claimed it and I've learned not to fuck with her. 

On 2/27/2021 at 12:49 PM, ReX said:

Notice how people with pet snakes don't also have pet mice. And vice versa.

I used to have two pet anoles, Chamelia (anoles can change colors, that was the joke) and Goliath (the joke being that he was tiny, but acted like he was big). He got mighty pissed off when he saw his reflection. Huffed and puffed and extended his dewlap. I still miss that little guy.

And I also had plenty of pet crickets. But I didn't keep them very long.