Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Murdoch

Conspiracy Theorists Make My Brain Hurt

45 minutes ago, Flesh699 said:

Yes, withdrawn because everyone else who looked at it thought their conclusions were deeply flawed. That site is for publication of papers that are yet to be peer reviewed. But I am sure they are all being paid off because it does not fit the narrative you want to believe right?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7033698/

44 minutes ago, Flesh699 said:

Oops.

Ohhh... k... random thing from what looks to be some ancient TV science show? Guessing this is a stab at climate change? If you think the complex matters involved in climate change can somehow be handwaved away with such a trivial demonstration then you are well and truly beyond reason or just flat out in denial. In case you have been living under a rock lately, rising sea levels is almost the least of concerns regarding climate change. Also how do you know this has not been factored into estimates anyway? In case you did not know, there's rather a lot of ice yet to melt. And I have seen the consequences of rising sea levels with my own eyes. So swing and miss there again. I think. Because you provided zero actual additional context besides "ooops" it's hard to know what you meant exactly.

Edited by Murdoch

The ice in the glass is already floating in water, so it doesn't overspill when it melts. The ice in Greenland and the Antarctic continent is not floating on water, so when they melt they will be adding to the volume of the oceans.

Seeing that this Flesh guy is obviously making sockpuppet accounts to post random nonsense, I propose we ignore them next time they post.

5 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Seeing that this Flesh guy is obviously making sockpuppet accounts to post random nonsense, I propose we ignore them next time they post.

This has already been addressed, move on.

6 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

Yeah I missed the similar name initially. Agreed.

The worst ones I’ve heard are that Fauci is someone who’s trying to bring down the United States and is trying to take away freedoms.

Let me get this straight, so the guy who was working with Reagan who is one of the most respected presidents and was awarded the medal of freedom from GWB, he’s taking away your rights? That guy?

3 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Are we done with the course of this thread?

I don't see any reason to forcefully lock/delete a thread where we can have have some fun mocking dumb conspiracies and discussing how they spread/convince people and such. Besides that Flesh bonehead, everyone else has been perfectly reasonable, insightful and funny when posting in here.

Anybody remember those dumb memes of the illuminati back in like 2015? When we also had those airhorn MLG smoke weed everyday memes to accompany it too, that was clearly a meme made to make fun of conspiracy theorists.

1 hour ago, VoanHead said:

Anybody remember those dumb memes of the illuminati back in like 2015? When we also had those airhorn MLG smoke weed everyday memes to accompany it too, that was clearly a meme made to make fun of conspiracy theorists.

now we just have the Doominati :v

1 hour ago, Major Arlene said:

now we just have the Doominati :v

In Map07 they use the tag 666 and 667. 07 and 667 both have 7 in them. Removing the 7 from both we get 0 and 66. Concatenating the two, we get 066. We drop the 0 because 0 at the leftmost place in a number is value less. We get 66. 66 has two numbers in them. Dividing 666 by 2, we get 333. 3 is the number of sides in a triangle. DOOMINATI CONFIRMED!!11!1!!!

34 minutes ago, Zulk RS said:

In Map07 they use the tag 666 and 667. 07 and 667 both have 7 in them. Removing the 7 from both we get 0 and 66. Concatenating the two, we get 066. We drop the 0 because 0 at the leftmost place in a number is value less. We get 66. 66 has two numbers in them. Dividing 666 by 2, we get 333. 3 is the number of sides in a triangle. DOOMINATI CONFIRMED!!11!1!!!

This post needed a cliche dramatic sound queue at the end.

19 hours ago, Murdoch said:

In case you have been living under a rock lately, rising sea levels is almost the least of concerns regarding climate change.

This needs to be etched into rock. Way too much focus on the long-term linear effects and not the shorter-term and more destructive non-linear ones (including chemical changes). Understandable since linear effects are the hardest to deny, but extremely counterproductive.

19 hours ago, Murdoch said:

In case you did not know, there's rather a lot of ice yet to melt.

The issue is not with the ice that is already floating (ice shelves, sea ice), but with the ice that is currently sitting on land.

On 2/24/2021 at 10:08 AM, holaareola said:

It's a bad stew. I assume you're being hyperbolic @Grazza, but I really feel it's quite scary. Lack of trust in institutions plus alienation plus an algorithmically and culturally mediated overprivileging of emotion, plus everyone getting their own personal world of 'facts', plus societal stagnation. The internet dream of true information winning over bad, creating a global cosmopolitanism, all using this amazing access to knowledge for their own edification, sunlight being the best disinfectant etc, all look like bum notions. How can truth consistently win out? Truth is not designed to be interesting. In an age obsessed with subjectivity and identity and feelings feelings feelings maybe truth isn't even what's preferred, interesting or not. The truth isn't my truth.

Actually I was being completely serious. We face challenges that demand coordinated action from wise politicians and cooperation from a willing public. The stakes are higher than ever: we do possess the ability to wipe ourselves out, and face multiple threats that mere inaction will allow to overcome us.

With total political dysfunction in leading countries and a public that is all too and increasingly willing to believe nonsense, perhaps our only hope is for scientific and technological developments to come so fast that countries and people adopt new technologies because it would be simply too stupid not to. No matter what your politics, few people are going to reject something that is twice as good at half the price, no matter what vested interests may be trying to do to oppose them. Still, we may be past the point of no return, no matter what.

Two more factors will also contribute to the rise in sea levels; thermal expansion as the world's oceans heat up, and post-glacial rebound of the Greenlandic and Antarctic land masses

1 hour ago, Zulk RS said:

where do I join said Doominati cult

7 hours ago, Spooner5020 said:

The worst ones I’ve heard are that Fauci is someone who’s trying to bring down the United States and is trying to take away freedoms.

Let me get this straight, so the guy who was working with Reagan who is one of the most respected presidents and was awarded the medal of freedom from GWB, he’s taking away your rights? That guy?

Wait, so Reagan and George W Bush are good now?   Are you high?

3 hours ago, Grazza said:

With total political dysfunction in leading countries and a public that is all too and increasingly willing to believe nonsense, perhaps our only hope is for scientific and technological developments to come so fast that countries and people adopt new technologies because it would be simply too stupid not to. ... Still, we may be past the point of no return, no matter what.

We are already past several points of no return. I think technological developments will be part of the story to come, but it will have to be paired with catastrophic events that shake off the veil for every climate skeptic and insulated group (i.e. corporations). Most people won't change until they are directly affected.

lol, this thread reminds me so much of "old Doomworld" in so many ways. A nostalgic treat!

..time to take it out back and put the shotgun to it's head

Are these new iceberg memes considered the new "Illuminati Revealed meme" is my question? And let me chip in my own dumb conspiracy theory that is totally, 100% true guys trust me on this one and it's totally not a joke:

Spoiler

The John Romero head impaled on a stick in the game is a real photograph taken by the OG id software bois. They all collectively had enough of John Romero's shit. His rockstar mentality and for basically slacking off during work has driven everybody to the edge that they killed him in cold blood and took a picture of his head impaled on a stick. They then put it in the game, and forced some innocent programmer that they hired a week later to get plastic surgery to look like John Romero, gave him his personal info, and made him act like he was the John Romero or else they would go after his family. It was the perfect crime guys, I swear I'm onto something here.

real.gif

9 minutes ago, VoanHead said:

I swear I'm onto something here.

Your reasoning is sound and difficult to argue with. Pretty sure aliens were involved too because seriously, look at that hair. It's not human.

33 minutes ago, VoanHead said:

Hide contents

The John Romero head impaled on a stick in the game is a real photograph taken by the OG id software bois. They all collectively had enough of John Romero's shit. His rockstar mentality and for basically slacking off during work has driven everybody to the edge that they killed him in cold blood and took a picture of his head impaled on a stick. They then put it in the game, and forced some innocent programmer that they hired a week later to get plastic surgery to look like John Romero, gave him his personal info, and made him act like he was the John Romero or else they would go after his family. It was the perfect crime guys, I swear I'm onto something here.

John Romero is on this site yeah? John, blink twice if they have your family hostage.

11 hours ago, Zulk RS said:

Hehehehe I really don’t know why but I love these number nonsense things so much XD

Also, when do you all think climate change will cause the end of the world / humanity?

I debate this all the time with a mate IRL (he says 50ish years, I say hundreds) so would love to hear what you all reckon and why :-D

Edited by DooM Bear

An old personal favourite conspiracy of mine is the idea that Walt Disney's corpse was cryogenically-frozen. A pathetic excuse for a journalist for some cheap tabloid rag made the outrageous claim the year Disney died and people still manage to pass it around 55 years later.

9 hours ago, DooM Bear said:

Hehehehe I really don’t know why but I love these number nonsense things so much XD

Reminds me of the time I "proved" that Yellow Bamboo was part of a Swedish conspiracy to take over the world, just by the presence of the colour yellow in both their uniforms and the Swedish flag. Actually anything yellow was somehow connected to Sweden and Yellow Bamboo. COINCIDENCE?!

On 3/21/2021 at 9:16 PM, Murdoch said:

In case you have been living under a rock lately, rising sea levels is almost the least of concerns regarding climate change.

well said

there are so many problems coming with climate change i dont know why news sites and tv just focus on rising sea levels when there are so many worse things coming with it

Real conspiracies actually hurt everyone's butt and brains really bad, whether they know it or not.

banner.gif.09d8d8b08890415833d68d404d836f90.gif

fire.gif.764ec0214058143a31ccd01625a385bf.giffire.gif.764ec0214058143a31ccd01625a385bf.giffire.gif.764ec0214058143a31ccd01625a385bf.giffire.gif.764ec0214058143a31ccd01625a385bf.giffire.gif.764ec0214058143a31ccd01625a385bf.giffire.gif.764ec0214058143a31ccd01625a385bf.giffire.gif.764ec0214058143a31ccd01625a385bf.gif