Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Fat Reward & Ticket Home | My Farewell (all Chapters online)

Like russians say: "Ушла эпоха", which literally means "The era is gone". Well, the Doom Era of Tormentor667 is gone. A pretty sad news.

Good luck with your future life, Torm!

I was frightened to see that you are leaving @Tormentor667. I do hope the Realm667 website remain active, a lot of nice things there. May you have an amazing future. I may be new to these forums, but I have been into doom WAD making for 9 years at least and yet Realm667 still amazes me with all the awesome sprites, textures, and many more.

Thank you for all the work!

Thank you so much for all the effort you put into this community, I wish you the best of luck with future endeavors!

@Tormentor667: I always felt that you were an out-of-the-box thinker when it came to DooM mods, a person who pushed the boundaries and sought out innovative ways to repackage a vintage game. Others will fill the void you leave, but it is still sad to see you go. Meine Segenswünsche.

On 2/25/2021 at 6:05 PM, Tormentor667 said:

Don't worry, @Xaser already took the lead of the project as of now and it's looking promising that the release is not far from today.

In regards to HPack I would also like to apologize for never having delivered on that map (or the other content) I promised all those years ago, and for disappearing at least twice on the project. Frankly, what I made at the time was total trash; the product of a 12-16 year old having no concept of level design. Definitely a learning experience though.

I definitely greatly enjoyed all of your works however, even the more controversial ones like KDIZD. They were what got me really interested in the ZDoom modding scene at the time, even just as a lurker, so it's weird to me that particularly the older ambitious mods, including TUTNT and Stronghold, seem to be getting little mention these days. At least among the greater Doom community and social media.

Thank you so much for your contribution to the community torm and good luck with your future endeavors.

Your mods were instrumental in inspiring me to get into modding. Ultimate Torment and Torture, KDiZD and Stronghold were one of the first mods i played and still hold to high regard.

Your legacy wont be forgotten.

A legend in your own right, with cobblestones along the way. But if we have to look at the greater picture, your legacy shines through without any hesitation. ''Needs more detail'' even became unofficial Doom jargon.

Nothing more needs to be added to that. Torm, although we only briefly worked together, certainly when compared to 20 years of Dooming, it was a pleasant and rewarding experience.

For whatever it is worth, please stick around as Doom rolls into the future. A future in which your mods definitely have played and will play more than just a part.

I symphasize completely, because I felt similar i guess. I wanted to quit, but...well here I am.still/again hanging around....
Have a nice Doom-free time and come back later.

On 2/28/2021 at 3:41 AM, Doom64hunter said:

I definitely greatly enjoyed all of your works however, even the more controversial ones like KDIZD.

...sometimes I'm really glad that I mostly keep to myself, don't communicate with [Western] Doom community that much, and thus don't know many of [Western] Doom community history. <_< I don't even know what's so-called "controversial" with KNiZD and I don't want to know. Because that was exactly the thing that brought me back to Dooming. Without KDiZD, I wouldn't be playing Doom again - or it will be much later. I still hold it as one of the greatest mappacks, the definitive modern Doom experience, and that one super-rare universal recommendation to any new player. inb4 - yes, I have pretty simple and even barbaric taste in things, I know. I hold KISS principle dearly, bite me. ;-b

6 hours ago, Spawn said:

...sometimes I'm really glad that I mostly keep to myself, don't communicate with [Western] Doom community that much, and thus don't know many of [Western] Doom community history. <_< I don't even know what's so-called "controversial" with KNiZD and I don't want to know. Because that was exactly the thing that brought me back to Dooming. Without KDiZD, I wouldn't be playing Doom again - or it will be much later. I still hold it as one of the greatest mappacks, the definitive modern Doom experience, and that one super-rare universal recommendation to any new player. inb4 - yes, I have pretty simple and even barbaric taste in things, I know. I hold KISS principle dearly, bite me. ;-b

All that happened back in 2005-2007, it's ancient history now and water under the bridge.

It's funny though that you mention simplicity because the drama was pretty much about the opposite of that, heh.

I was just a lurker back then (for the better probably) and didn't really care much about the drama. Thinking back to those times sure does make me nostalgic for the old internet culture though...

Edit: Speaking of ancient history, I wonder what happened to essel's "Knee Deep in KDIZD"?

Edited by Doom64hunter

Thanks for your great work and collection of resources compiled into one easily accessible place. I had a blast playing KDiZD, Stronghold, UTnT and COTD years back and I still come back to them from time to time now. These mods still stand on a unique level all of their own.

Good luck with your future endeavors! Your photography is top notch and I'm sure you will find success wherever you plant your feet. Thank you for all that you've done in these two decades. 

@Tormentor667I gotta say that the projects that you led in the past, like ZPack and City of the Damned - Apocalypse, were my inspiration to make maps at the beginning. 

Real life stuff is more important now, you have other projects to make, in which I wish you luck.

PS: thanks for adding my Sapphire video on the news feed. 

Boarding pass denied.   It stinks like rotten meat but looks like the lost Deimos base.

I’ve been following along with these and I feel compelled to say that I really like Chapter 4. Brings back childhood memories of battling with DEU, learning mapping from a book and discovering the world of custom WADs. Without much internet access, we were all on our own journeys back then, and through the lens of childhood it all feels kind of magical.

Definitely, and even though we all have been limited, we were able to create visions of our own. And this is what makes it so exciting :)

This is the most long winded "I quit" in the history of Doom. Good to see you're still raising the bar.

I have only just got back after a long hiatus and then I see this. Sad to read you're leaving.

I'd like to thank you Tormentor for all your contributions over the years, especially with Realm 667. I have played some of your stuff over the years and always enjoyed them. You will be dearly missed by the community. Hopefully you find the time and/or energy to return one day.

Best of luck in your future endeavours.