Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Fat Reward & Ticket Home | My Farewell (all Chapters online)

Ahhhh damn, I'm actually gonna miss you, thank you so much for making a lot of my favourite mods such as Stronghold and ZDCMP2, you've also been an influence in terms of modding as well such as architecture as well. I'm guessing some of the remasters are still going ahead as well?

Your legacy has a place in Doom modding history and won't be forgotten.

But before you leave: Is there anyone you plan on letting them to host Realm667 after you leave?

The website will always have purposes for modders and even beyond just being a resource of assets.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do Tormentor and thanks for all the cool levels and mods you've worked on over the years, plus a cool site with a nice collection of assets and information.

I can't say I was aware of what you've dealt with over the years until just recently, and I really can't wrap my head around it all.

Though I believe that everything happens for a reason, and in this case, you have your reasons.

It's likely that what you feel in your heart you should do.

So good luck man with what ever new endeavors you seek from this point forward! ;)

Edited by Mr.Rocket

Thanks for all your kind words. Most of your questions will be dealt with by reading the articles in the upcoming 10 weeks (each article every sunday), and if there are still questions open, feel free to ask.

A small update because of various concerns that have been adressed at the ZDoom forums: Blade of Agony and the almost finished remasters of some other projects I have been working on will be released as planned without any restraints. The Realm667 site will continue running and hosting resources, I will take care of any technical maintenance but I won't add any content, news or repository entries. If there are volunteers who want to do that (and support @Blue Shadow who is doing most of it on his own), I can help introducing the system to them though.

What about HPack? Who will lead it? It can't be me, because it's a GZDoom mod, I would rather focus on making Eternity work with Heretic...

17 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Two decades worth of passion and creativity for the game is probably more than anyone can ask of one person, especially when it's done out of a sense of love for Doom and asking for nothing in return. You've had a pretty incredible Doom career, Torm and have been a powerful influence and resource for the community. Thank you for everything.

Took the words outta my mouth, and not long after I first experienced the remastered projects, which I greatly enjoyed.

But oh well. Thanks for everything you've done, Torm.

Thank you for your hard work. When I started mapping, you were part of my inspirations (alongside vader) and, even though my mapping has evolved to non zdoom oriented projects, I still can't forget what you have taught me. 

Thanks for all :D 

Good luck with your future endeavors :) 

Tormentor - Your creations and gifts to the community have been immeasurable. Thank you for giving us all these amazing gifts of creativity and passion to experience. You are legendary and hold a very special place in the hearts of many. Thank you and take care in all of your future endeavors. You're sure to succeed - <3

Yeah, 20 years is a long damn time, especially when you've created so much and been involved as much as you have. Thank you so much for everything you've done, and I realize we've never really talked, but I'll miss seeing Tormenter667 pop up. I wish you all the best, and I hope you'll drop in from time to time. 

Realm667 has been a great hub for Doom content, it was my go to when making wads. You deserve to have a positive retirement.

Man, I'm gonna really miss your content. The Ultimate Torment and Torture was the very first Doom mod I had ever played, and was my first major step in the modding scene. I was impressed by how much could be accomplished on such an old engine, and had a blast encountering all kinds new and crazy custom demons. Ever since then I have been hooked on the content you and many other members created. You have provided countless hours of entertainment for absolutely free, and I cannot be more thankful for that. I believe that the greatest works emerge from pure passion and love for one's craft, and you along with many other members of the Doom community are living proof of that. I am glad that you are choosing to end your Doom modding career on a high note, and thank you for being my introduction to this modding scene. I wish you the best of luck on your future projects.

A sad day to realise another legend goes to retirement, but from other side it's for the best. If you feel your tasks/duties/plans then it must be pretty satisfying feel of completion of your end goals and that you can be go for rest on a beach with umbrella in your drink.

Thank you for everything Torm. A lot of great stuff have i witnessed, your legacy will keep live on.

Have fun.

Just remember a goodbye doesn't have to be forever.   And you're always free (hopefully) to do what you feel like.

My heart always skips a beat whenever I see a "goodbye/farewell" thread on Doomworld, but seeing you leaving is actually quite saddening. Good luck with your future endeavors and thank you for everything you made and shared with us. I hope Realm667 would be still up and running because there are some really cool stuff there.

It's sad, of course, but you know how they say: It's better to go away while you're still remembered, and remembered nicely, and from what we see here, it surely that time. You were one of the two people who bring me back into Dooming almost decade later, and also one of two who inspired me to start mapping on my own. So, thank you, and good luck with whatever you want to do now.

Appreciate your huge and lasting contributions to the community. I hope you look back on your time in this corner of the world fondly, occasional eruption of drama aside.  Hope too that you find something you enjoy even more to fill the extra time!

Peace and love... and remember, it's okay to play the game! Let others entertain you for a change, you deserve it!

Congratulations on leaving on a high Daniel. You’ve been a massive presence throughout my entire time in the community, and I can honestly say I wouldn’t be the mapper I am without your influence. Come to think of it, without you I wouldn’t have even mapped for some of the biggest community projects I was in on.

Well done on all you’ve achieved and best of luck for whatever you turn your talents to next!

Dear members, I am really overwhelmed by the reactions, the kind words and the honest replies in this thread. I really wasn't expecting this, and furthermore not planning to create such flood of reactions. Thanks so much to every single person here, I am glad that - despite the mistakes that I made - I mostly had a positive and inspiring impact to you.