Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wad of doom

Using sprfix19 is causing weird issues with number sprites on the HUD

I just began using sprfix19. It works well overall with exception to weird anomalies in the HUD. Certain numbers use a red-colored sprite, ore perhaps it's certain numbers use the white-colored sprite. I call the wads like this in GZDoom command line:

-file btsx_e1a.wad btsx_e1b.wad btsx_e1.deh ^
wads\doom\D2SPFX19.WAD wads\doom\D2DEHFIX.DEH wads\doom\D1SPFX19.WAD wads\doom\D1DEHFIX.DEH

Anyone else experience this issue?

Screenshot_Doom_20210222_205358.png

Try moving btsx_e1a.wad and btsx_e1b.wad to the 2nd line, after the d2spritefix wads -- Doom loads the wads in the exact order they appear after -file, so what's happening here is the "2" in BTSX's custom HUD font is getting stomped by a graphic from one of the d2spritefix wads.

3 minutes ago, Xaser said:

Try moving btsx_e1a.wad and btsx_e1b.wad to the 2nd line, after the d2spritefix wads

That was it! HUD looks normal now. Thanks.

First off, you don't need to load deh files, if you play on GZDoom.

Secondly, it is recommended not to load both D1SPFX19.WAD and D2SPFX19.WAD. While it isn't a problem if you play doom2 pwads like this, d2spfx won't let you start the game if you decided to play a doom1 wad.

And finally, the project includes compatibility patches for some pwads like BTSX, Ancient Aliens or Sunlust. You must load these patches after the respective megawad.

9 minutes ago, dmslr said:

First off, you don't need to load deh files, if you play on GZDoom.

Secondly, it is recommended not to load both D1SPFX19.WAD and D2SPFX19.WAD. While it isn't a problem if you play doom2 pwads like this, d2spfx won't let you start the game if you decided to play a doom1 wad.

And finally, the project includes compatibility patches for some pwads like BTSX, Ancient Aliens or Sunlust. You must load these patches after the respective megawad.

Just removed .deh files and also D1SPFX19.WAD and it runs fine, so that makes my batch file less complicate, thanks. Yes, I have the sprite fix at the very end after the megawads, too.

Aren't the .deh files optional fixes for brightness of some enemies firing states? Are these fixes contained in the wad files as well, for the ports that support those (gzdoom)?