Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

What Kind Of Music Do Satanists Listen To?

Contrary to the belief of some 90's bible-thumpers, I've actually heard once that satanists consider metal to be "degenerate" music. Don't know if thats true, considering the source was an YT comment, so I'll ask everybody who has contacted a Satanist of any kind: what are their opinions on the matter?

Apart from metal, I've seen Satanists express interest in classical... That said, I've seen a lot of metalheads overall express interest in classical. Can't blame them, metal and classical kick ass. Just think it's ironic that the classical is probably what those bible thumpers swear by.

all kinds of music can be satanic and so satanists might listen to all kinds of music, but metal (black metal specially) is the most common I assume (and its the most common among my friends but I'm guessing that's because I'm a metal head too). 

The first satanists I met however where goths, so they tended to listen to gothic stuff (from devil doll, the slovac Italian one, to static x passing by theatre of tragedy) 

Literally anything... ranging from extreme metal to classical music, dark ambient, and so on... Any and all music can be turned into anything, music is a form of expression after all.

Some write music themselves. And Satanists being mainly metalheads is a stereotype BTW, many don't even want to have anything to do with it or the scene. There is a lot of variety among them.

12 minutes ago, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

Why care about them anyway? Most of them are just as cringey if not more then avarage run of the mill bible-thumper.

Yeah, I know. Our friend LaVey above plagiarized most of his works including The Satanic Bible, I believe.

10 minutes ago, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

Why care about them anyway? Most of them are just as cringey if not more then avarage run of the mill bible-thumper.

How does this answer OP's curiosity?

There are some on this very forum BTW - at least one person claimed as such a while ago in the Share a Random Fact About Yourself topic.

1 minute ago, seed said:

How does this answer OP's curiosity?

There are some on this very forum BTW - at least one person claimed as such a while ago in the Share a Random Fact About Yourself topic.

Truth be told, that guy isn't entirely wrong. There are many serious satanists out there, but also a lot of teenagers pretending just for the sake of "edginess".

Huh, I have no idea what they listen, maybe like @seed said, any kind of music.

I don't know why I'm answering in the first place, I'm the absolute and total opposite of satanic (I'm not kidding)

Edited by Lol 6

I mean, they probably listen to whatever type of music and or band they like, i don't really think that a way of life would alter your music taste.

14 minutes ago, DSC said:

Truth be told, that guy isn't entirely wrong. There are many serious satanists out there, but also a lot of teenagers pretending just for the sake of "edginess".

Not as many as you'd think, that's mostly unfounded nonsense. Posing as Satanists is seriously old hat nowadays, which only impresses people who don't know anything outside their little box. It lost its shock value, which was mainly rooted in stereotyping and misinformation anyway.

The least edgy and most cliche thing you could do, if you ask me, and it's mainly done by people who don't really understand it, least of all its diversity indeed. I myself got interested in it back when I was in my mid-teens, and I found it quite inspiring - it was one of the reasons I got more interested in what else is out there.

But anyway, I'm going on a tangent now. And to answer the inevitable question - No, I didn't consider myself one, despite it being more than just a curiosity to me for a good time. But I eventually reached the conclusion that I am not really spiritually inclined, and thus, a pointless endeavor.

What sucks is when you're a Wiccan like me and everyone thinks you're a satanist. There is a difference between a Pentagram and a Pentacle. But I follow the beliefs of Thelema as well. Which is why I have a unicursal Hexagram in my WADS and have it as a tattoo. IDK what the fuck I am lol. I'm just a dude trying to make sense of this crazy world just like everyone else lol.

33 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

What sucks is when you're a Wiccan like me and everyone thinks you're a satanist. There is a difference between a Pentagram and a Pentacle.

Plus the ideology is different, and more.

A better example would be the fact that Wiccans adhere to the Three-fold Law though, whereas Satanists don't follow any one specific set of tenets.

I always thought "Swing" was the Devil's music. All those kids dancing around and moving their hips without a care in the world. It was almost like they have bodies, and want to have sex with each other. Just like their parents did, and their grandparents, and their great-grandparents. 

Then Rock N Roll, then Punk and Metal, then Grunge, then Prog Rock. I can't speak for Satanists, I've been a non-theist for a long time, and I love Rock, Punk, Metal, Blues, and Classical music. But I really think dubstep and polka are truly the Devil's music. Although a dubstep chicken dance would probably be entertaining.

Edited by Jello

@Jello nah none of them will ever hold a candle to the dark prince incarnate himself, Bach. With his minor key tri-tones and fugues. We got lucky Bach missed his calling as the destroyer of man and just wrote music.

1 minute ago, lazygecko said:

Elevator music because that's all they ever play in hell.

nah it's just mainstream pop music all day. Cardi B's Wet and Gushy and 7 Rings by Ariana Grande for all eternity.

17 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@Jello nah none of them will ever hold a candle to the dark prince incarnate himself, Bach. With his minor key tri-tones and fugues. We got lucky Bach missed his calling as the destroyer of man and just wrote music.

Bach is my favorite Classical composer. I think this says something about me. Or both of us. It's just weird that you went with Bach.

Edited by Jello

For real though everyone loves to imagine they’ll get to Hell and Satan will have some dank ass taste in music and they’ll be blasting thrash metal and crazy weird aggressive subversive shit all day, and then they get to Hell and discover Satan only listens to Phil Collins

42 minutes ago, Jello said:

Bach is my favorite Classical composer. I think this says something about me. Or both of us.

Mine too. No joke when it comes to music, Bach was God. There will never be another person that perfect in composition, feeling and understanding in music. When he wrote, it was like another being or force spoke through him. Bach was the greatest. People always talk about Mozart being the greatest of all time. Which he was amazing, but at the same time a very shitty person and I find his writing to be a little too formulaic and robotic feeling. Not saying Mozart was bad because he's definitely in third place after Beethoven IMO and many others. I love Mozart's "Confutatis Maledictus" and his violin concertos. But when it comes to complete emotion, pleasing melodic arrangements and being in touch with music, no one can surpass Bach.

I know this post is going on and on but I love him. Take a look at this picture in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

This is a picture of one of Bach's original manuscripts. Note the insane looking mathematical equations, random words and scribbling at the bottom underneath the score. What even are those? What a crazy person one might say, but I see genius.

bachs-doodle-1409222458-view-1.png

But who knows, maybe the next Bach is here or has come and gone but no one knows about them because they were drowned out by the radio pop bullshit that people tend to pay the most attention to these days. Either way, it still seems like impossible shoes to fill.

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

2 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

What sucks is when you're a Wiccan like me and everyone thinks you're a satanist. There is a difference between a Pentagram and a Pentacle. But I follow the beliefs of Thelema as well. Which is why I have a unicursal Hexagram in my WADS and have it as a tattoo. IDK what the fuck I am lol. I'm just a dude trying to make sense of this crazy world just like everyone else lol.

Completely unrelated to the thread but my forum name was supposed to be(and will become, after the 180 days waiting period) Hexagram. I had made my account via Discord, and I had changed my discord name to "Pompeji" for a few days because I was feeling the Ohms vibe while listening to Deftones. Then I made the account and was like "Oh, shit, my name's all wrong!"

That being said, back on topic. If I were a Satanist I'd listen to Punk Rock.

Whatever the hell they want.

The whole point of Satanism is that you live by your own creeds and don't blindly follow someone else's.

So yes, there probably is a Satanist that listens to Bananaphone all day long.

Or worse yet, We Built This City.

5 minutes ago, Dark Pulse said:

Or worse yet, We Built This City.

on raaaaaaccccccckkk aaaannnnnnddd rrooooooooooooolllllll!!!

P41R47 was converted by Dark Pulse