Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forgettable pyromaniac

so aparently google chrome hates LZDoom lmao

whoa, how strange, i just tried it and nothing happened :/

Do you have an Antivirus extension on your chrome?

Avast has some really nasty and really annoying extensions that almost block yo from doing anything as simple as direct download

22 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

whoa, how strange, i just tried it and nothing happened :/

Do you have an Antivirus extension on your chrome?

Avast has some really nasty and really annoying extensions that almost block yo from doing anything as simple as direct download

I do not, All I have is the DuckDuckGo extension and an adblocker.

5 minutes ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

av? am i dumb ._ .

anti virus, sorry, thats what i tried to said.

Just now, forgettablepyromaniac said:

a. I don't have an antivirus tho, and if I do, it would probably only be the windows firewall.

no clue why chrome would be blocking it then, sorry :/

Its really strange.

have you tried downloading from the link i give you before?

I downloaded without problem from it.

1 minute ago, P41R47 said:

no clue why chrome would be blocking it then, sorry :/

Its really strange.

have you tried downloading from the link i give you before?

I downloaded without problem from it.

wifi refused to download as I imediently got a network error lmao

the 64-bit version off of zdoom.org downloaded okay but the 32-bit one wont, so weird, but I have it.

The site where the executable download is hasn't yet been submitted to Microsoft as a safe file.

Once it's submitted and reviewed, the file won't be looked at as unsafe anymore.

You can select the arrow where it's dismiss and click in "show miore info" and bettew the words, there a option that's says "keep the file, im know what im dowloading" and you should be able to re-download again.

There's something about the binary that's tripping a lot of red flags in malware scanners. After fighting Chrome to download it, I successfully downloaded it only for Windows Defender to promptly quarantine it. I cannot confirm if the executable is actually tainted or if it's just tripping up false positives, though. It's one of those really generic signatures that don't give a lot of information, and there's a lot of reports of false positives on it.

I guess that's just the annoying reality of this world. Bad software gets too good at blending in, so security software has to get overzealous..

5 hours ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

i really have no more to say, just look for yourself lmao

whatthefuck.PNG.5797426188dcd28793e1702d2d8f8fc5.PNG

and yes I clicked the arrow it only tells me to learn more, I'm literally unable to keep it.

get a download manager.. like Free Download Manager...
that should fix your problem...

You can use another browser too, I used to use chrome until those problems started, I switched to Firefox and I havent had any problems with my downloads

3 hours ago, Doom64hunter said:

Just another example of overzealous protection mechanisms. If you know and trust the site it's usually of no concern to bypass the block.

Indeed. We actually even have this at work where Chrome would simply stop an attachment from being downloaded purely because its launched as a pop up. Ofcourse this proved to be a bane for medical staff (But the fix is hilariously easy to the point where you will understand why they are medical staff for a reason and not computer users. Seriously, its that bad.)

It's a false positive, Defender also blocks the file. Probably it's related to using the VS XP toolset.