Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kurogachii

Operation Last Resort - Demo Available Now!

Operation Last Resort - An episodic action-packed adventure for D00M 2

Every couple months a new episode will be available for download, every episode contains 3 unique maps - made by Lukas (Kurogachii).

And with a kick-ass original soundtrack - composed by Ben (Prospekt Mir).

Story:

A space division of Nazis take over the moon base of the UAC (Codename Athena), they plan to use dark magic and rituals to revive the fallen demons of the Phobos base on Mars, it's your mission and duty as a marine of the UAC to eradicate them all and to stop them from invading earth.

About the project:

Sourceport Compatible - Gzdoom

Genre - Singleplayer Action

Length - Episodic Map packs (3 levels each)

Gameplay - Mouselook and jumping enabled

Recommended Difficulty - Ultra Violence

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.png.21d0d6094147c40fc1b985200b1604fe.pngScreenshot_2.png.323abfcb8362097a4d34cececc185f25.pngScreenshot_3.png.deda8984b894438588aff3065b247146.png

DEMO AVAILABLE HERE

Edited by Kurogachii : Demo Released

The demo for Operation Last Resort is finally here! it contains the first level + a unique secret level! ¿Can you find all the secrets?

Download link in original post.

image.png.b6e972eff552a6980fd5572e91bbe74b.png

Not too shabby of a start. It's a little small and flat with pretty basic combat, but it's not without some nice attention to detail and such. Fairly decent.

16 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Not too shabby of a start. It's a little small and flat with pretty basic combat, but it's not without some nice attention to detail and such. Fairly decent.

Thank you for the feedback! i'll definitely use it to improve the final product, a little comment on the invisible pinkies, i thought it would give a "wow factor", i was WRONG, by watching your reaction i realised it was a bit cheap and that's not the point of my mega wad, also the "both answers" thing was talking about the two secrets lying behind a "pillar" structure, my idea was to implement "secret" hints without it being too obvious.

Also about the flat combat and scenario, of course you're not wrong about that!

I kinda wanted it to give a "knee deep in the dead" kinda vibe but honestly i don't think i really made it to that level of design yet, i still have much to learn..

Thank you for playing my demo, more improvements will come in the future! cheers!

1 minute ago, thelazyqdude said:

First ever doom project? Is it also your first (published) map? 

It is, it's actually my first map project on D00M. ¿Thoughts?

Played MAP01 on UV. 

Layout & Design: 2/10.

Gameplay: 2.5/10.

Detailing: 2.5/10.

Overall: 2.5/10.

There are MANY common problems for beginner mappers. You should read up on some articles designed for beginner mappers since they'll help you stop making these same mistakes. I'm not experienced enough and can't be bothered to capitalize on them, but here are some ones I found:

• Flats & Textures used interchangeably. That's not gonna do well on older sourceports.
  • Nazis.. because why?
  • Sky is used wrong.
  • EW! HEXEN FORMAT! GET IT AWAY YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! AAH!!!

8 minutes ago, thelazyqdude said:

Played MAP01 on UV. 

Layout & Design: 2/10.

Gameplay: 2.5/10.

Detailing: 2.5/10.

Overall: 2.5/10.

There are MANY common problems for beginner mappers. You should read up on some articles designed for beginner mappers since they'll help you stop making these same mistakes. I'm not experienced enough and can't be bothered to capitalize on them, but here are some ones I found:

• Flats & Textures used interchangeably. That's not gonna do well on older sourceports.
  • Nazis.. because why?
  • Sky is used wrong.
  • EW! HEXEN FORMAT! GET IT AWAY YUCK YUCK YUCK!!! AAH!!!

Holy cow that's a low rating... I kinda believed i deserved more but that might be my pride, thanks you for taking your time to review my wad!

About your points:

1 - I specified the sourceport on the original post (GZDoom)

2 - The mega wad backstory is: A division of space nazis took the moon base of the UAC called Athena, and discovered a way to revive the demons of mars and use them as their personal army. (That's purely your opinion so if you don't like the nazi thing i understand)

3 - Yeah i know, didn't know how to use skybox yet i watched some tutorials after, it will be fixed in the final version.

4 - I read your post about the formats and i'll take it in consideration for the final version! 

Cheers!

On 2/27/2021 at 7:06 PM, Kurogachii said:

i'll make sure that the mega wad is fun and re-playable levels filled with content and secrets!

Yeah.. Not to be an ass, but this isn't going to happen unless you pull off some miracle. Fun and replayable is tricky for even people with good amounts of experience mapping, and learning doom mapping by making a megawad isn't exactly a great idea.

In the meantime, here's some content that'll help you get better at mapping so you don't make those same mistakes again:

There is much much more content you can find as well. Doomworld's advanced search will get ya far.

1 minute ago, Kurogachii said:

1 - I specified the sourceport on the original post (GZDoom)

And I used GZDoom, but using flats & texture interchangeably only works for a small number of sourceports, so backwards compatibility is out of the question. RIP all the PRBoom+ lovers. Hell, I'm sure this could be reduced to just a single wad with Doom Format maps if all of the unnecessary stuff like the hud messages was removed.

3 minutes ago, thelazyqdude said:

Yeah.. Not to be an ass, but this isn't going to happen unless you pull off some miracle. Fun and replayable is tricky for even people with good amounts of experience mapping, and learning doom mapping by making a megawad isn't exactly a great idea.

In the meantime, here's some content that'll help you get better at mapping so you don't make those same mistakes again:

There is much much more content you can find as well. Doomworld's advanced search will get ya far.

Thank you for the links and the criticism, it might be harsh, but sometimes it's just the truth lol.

I'll use everything available to deliver the best D00M experience possible.

@Kurogachii Thank you so much for the awesome request. I loved this WAD and think that secret room is pretty funny man lol.

41 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@Kurogachii Thank you so much for the awesome request. I loved this WAD and think that secret room is pretty funny man lol.

Wow man thank you for that review! loved it!

The final product will be greatly improved and more of that kick-ass music coming too!

14 hours ago, Kurogachii said:
  Hide contents

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

-Still tweaking and adding more detail.

SWEET!