Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phytolizer

Is there a place for non-speedrun demos?

I enjoy watching casual playthroughs, especially when they're in demo format so that I can play them in my source port of choice. Is there anywhere I can go to send/receive more casual demos / non-speedrun UV max runs?

Most are generally videos more so than demos such as coincident's and decino's channels, but I am not sure of a casual demo site.  Honestly I do speedruns "casually" as a self challenge type of thing, you might find some good more casual demos in the personal best thread.

2 minutes ago, Eric Claus said:

Most are generally videos more so than demos such as coincident's and decino's channels, but I am not sure of a casual demo site.  Honestly I do speedruns "casually" as a self challenge type of thing, you might find some good more casual demos in the personal best thread.

I'm subscribed to coincident and decino, but sometimes wish I could see the playthroughs without commentary (not that the commentary is bad or anything, I just don't want it sometimes).

1 minute ago, Phytolizer said:

I'm subscribed to coincident and decino, but sometimes wish I could see the playthroughs without commentary (not that the commentary is bad or anything, I just don't want it sometimes).

Fair enough and honestly if you also look around DSDA you might find some demos that might interest you even if they are more serious speedruns especially in the Other section or with additional tags like Reality where people do some crazier or maybe weird things.

Just now, Eric Claus said:

Fair enough and honestly if you also look around DSDA you might find some demos that might interest you even if they are more serious speedruns especially in the Other section or with additional tags like Reality where people do some crazier or maybe weird things.

I think what I am specifically looking for is blind runs. Maybe I should look for FDAs (are they centralized anywhere?)

2 minutes ago, Phytolizer said:

I think what I am specifically looking for is blind runs. Maybe I should look for FDAs (are they centralized anywhere?)

Has a link in there to failed attempts and such.

If you read the Welcome thread, you will see that this is simply the Demos forum in fact, dumb name change notwithstanding. All demos have always been welcome in this forum, as well as anything relating to demos.

people often place demos and playthroughs in the DWMC threads each month. i have contributed many FDA (blind) demos to those, as have others - that is a good place to start but im not aware of a central repository.

46 minutes ago, rehelekretep said:

people often place demos and playthroughs in the DWMC threads each month. i have contributed many FDA (blind) demos to those, as have others - that is a good place to start but im not aware of a central repository.

There's also this thread, but it barely sees any use nowadays.

Also worth mentioning the Ironman and Ironeagle contest threads, the category 1 demos in those are (for the most part) FDA's.