Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jark

Modest Mapping 2: Wretched Coven - Now on idgames!

Liking the levels so far.

How do you get the key in MAP05? Looks like the bars didn't lower all the way there so I had to cheat to get the key.

Edit thanks for the response but I have another (may not be a bug but I dunno)

MAP07: Teleport destination 251 only flagged on hard. Also I think it could be possible to enter linedef 749 before the arachnotron/hell knight gets to it and teleport to the exit early.

MAP09: Teleport destination 325 not flagged for easy.

MAP10: Demons 175 and 89 flagged deaf in a teleporter closet.

MAP14: Teleport destination 211 only flagged for hard, several monsters cannot teleport in.

MAP21: Random BFG (thing 556) out in the lava.

Edited by NuMetalManiak : more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more more

19 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Liking the levels so far.

How do you get the key in MAP05? Looks like the bars didn't lower all the way there so I had to cheat to get the key.

Upon checking, looks like we have the first bug! I will fix this immediately, thank you NuMetalManiak for reporting this early on. 

EDIT: Link has been updated with fixed version, I apologise for quite the oversight. 

EDIT EDIT: I will see about those other issues in a moment.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I believe the Map07 difficulty based teleporters are intentional. Map09 and Map10 have been updated.

EDIT 4: Map14 updated (I am updating the original download with each of these changes, so to those reading these issues have been fixed)

EDIT 5: Map21 BFG is confirmed intentional. A little joke.

Edited by Jark : Thanks NuMetalManiak

41 minutes ago, Austinado said:

Nice...! One day i will stream the hole thing...i heard map 09 is the weakest :D

Shut up, they just sooo jealous to your maps 💪👀

I can't even edit my previous post anymore but I got through it. Awesome job overall and MAP14 was most memorable as a puzzle map.

1 minute ago, NuMetalManiak said:

I can't even edit my previous post anymore but I got through it. Awesome job overall and MAP14 was most memorable as a puzzle map.

Thank you very much for your quick, helpful work. Also you're quite the doomer as you beat the whole wad in around 4 hours!

Glad to have participated! I'll be streaming the whole set at some point once I've got all that ready. Working under these limitations really helped me learn how to plan ahead for later maps of this size and high concept.

Edited by PasokonDeacon

Congratulations on the release of this awesome sequel of the original MMC megawad. 

5 hours ago, Jark said:

I believe the Map07 difficulty based teleporters are intentional.

Those difficulty flagged teleport destinations are indeed intentional.

It’s been an honor to be part of this wonderful project. I personally had my fair share of problems with Vanilla rules much like everyone else. However this group was much like a band of marines/family who always helped their fellow brother up. So by the end we all came out learning something, and for others we made new friends.

0613788A-F924-42A8-AE57-D224F27F38D2.png

I echo what my fellow mappers have said so far, it was great to participate in this project, and equally great to see it released!

I'd played most of the maps back when they were submitted, but there were a few submitted later on that I'd missed (maps 8,18,27,28), so I've recorded them and posted them in spoilers. I'd clearly missed out as all of them were enjoyable, especially map 18. I died a lot on map 27 haha - I slowly got better at it as time went on though.

A couple of things I noticed:

Map 8 - Texture misalignment at 0:35, Midtex didn't fall with the platform at 8:00 (I think this is solvable by lower unpegging the midtex linedefs)
Map 28 - A couple of monsters failed to teleport outside their closet

Spoiler

Map 8

Map 18

Map 27

Map 28

On 2/28/2021 at 6:50 PM, Jark said:

**Co-op info:

Please note that the set is made with single player in mind. The WAD should work in Co-op with no softlocks, although this needs further testing.

Hello there.

Sounds like there might be a job for us to do so we're here to break the maps and your dreams and hopes help and of course we'd be glad to see you join us! First half of the wad on Thursday Night Survival today, the session starts at 19:00 GMT/14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours.

Some coop issues I already noticed (you don't need to fix these right now, I will take care of them for the session):

- MAP03 has 2 player 2 starts and 0 player 3 starts (this will result in a voodoo doll in coop)

- MAP13 has 3 player 2 starts and 0 player 3-4 starts

- Some maps don't have each (or any) of player 2-4 starts: MAP01, MAP04, MAP09, MAP10, MAP14, MAP19. This is not an issue for ZDaemon but since you want to support Chocolate Doom and other ports it is an issue there.

- The mandatory archvile jumps in MAP32 can be an issue for a public multiplayer session like this but I think if there will be a need for that we're going to solve that just by allowing jump (for that map only).

Edited by Keyboard_Doomer

8 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Hello there.

Sounds like there might be a job for us to do so we're here to break the maps and your dreams and hopes help and of course we'd be glad to see you join us! First half of the wad on Thursday Night Survival today, the session starts at 19:00 GMT/14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours.

Some coop issues I already noticed (you don't need to fix these right now, I will take care of them for the session):

- MAP03 has 2 player 2 starts and 0 player 3 starts (this will result in a voodoo doll in coop)

- MAP13 has 3 player 2 starts and 0 player 3-4 starts

- Some maps don't have each (or any) of player 2-4 starts: MAP01, MAP04, MAP09, MAP10, MAP14, MAP19. This is not an issue for ZDaemon but since you want to support Chocolate Doom and other ports it is an issue there.

- The mandatory archvile jumps in MAP32 can be an issue for a public multiplayer session like this but I think if there will be a need for that we're going to solve that just by allowing jump (for that map only).

I look forward to a crippling amount of bugs being found it!

Seriously though, the team and I appreciate the testing, so that the product will be 1.0 ready.

reviving.png

That's right, I'm reviving this thread because...

1.0 has been released!!

After a considerable amount of time the official version of Modest Mapping 2: Wretched Coven is now available! I fully plan to release to idgames in a short while (I promise not another year), after some final changes.

For 1.0 check the OP or: