Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

"Dubbag's WAD Show" Post Your WADs Here and I Will Demo & Comment Over Them (Currently on Hiatus)

Give it a play. All the maps are pretty short with the longest being the last map. The last map can be brutal at times.

Loweff

Thank you!

@Dubbagdarrel Yes, a lower difficulty might have helped haha! Still, thanks for the playthrough, there were a few things I found:

- I fixed a bug, the shootable switch that revealed an archvile should have spawned another archvile upon the first one's death (and a few in sequence, it's meant to serve as a hint for the area)

- That first cyber telefrag situation was unfortunate, but I'm not sure if there's much more I can do there, I assumed the lack of a power weapon was signal enough that you could telefrag it

- I saw you also got lost for a while, so I telegraphed the (non-secret) way back to the blue key doors a bit more with an extra stimpak

- The plasma gun you got in the underground goop area was supposed to be for the cyber/viles. So I made it so that you can't grab it until they are released now

@Dubbagdarrel I think you missed mine :P

I'd go for levels 5+ as level 4 is very big and difficult and 1, 2, 3 are my first ones ever and might be too simplistic. Anyway, you be the judge.

Edited by NaMcOJR

I have recently released my first solo wad, first 11 maps of the planned megawad.

MAP02 and MAP05 may give you troubles with the number of monsters, though most of them would idle in the small areas. Still, if your limits are holding, you might want to skip them. Those, and slightly smaller MAP10 are the exceptionally populated maps however, most others have 100-150 monsters. Everything is meant for pistol-start anyway.

17 hours ago, NaMcOJR said:

@Dubbagdarrel I think you missed mine :P

I'd go for levels 5+ as level 4 is very big and difficult and 1, 2, 3 are my first ones ever and might be too simplistic. Anyway, you be the judge.

Oh I know about it bro you will be coming up right after Goatlord, same day recording.

BTW everyone, I have to leave town today to visit my fiance, so wont be uploading today, but I definitely will tomorrow. As for yesterday, I wanted to do some videos but just was too tired and fell asleep on the couch right after work and slept almost 20 hours lol. I'm still gonna do everyone's requests. Love you guys more videos soon.

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

1 hour ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@DoctorNuriel Cool idea with the Japanese dojo theming.

Ayyy, awesome! Thanks for checking it out, man. The light textures are used to represent the sliding paper panels often used for doors and windows in traditional Japanese architecture, but you have a good point on using sectors to make some more striking lighting.

Thanks again, hope you get some solid rest soon!

How about you try the latest Atonement maps? 

The latest maps are Map 16-20, but you can choose a few individual maps to check out. A good, short list of maps to check out would be Map 17, Map 18, Map 20, and Map 32. They're pretty short but challenging, and will run in any port. All difficulty settings are implemented.

@4MaTC I regret to inform you that I was unable to fully complete the map due to getting utterly lost which is my bad. I thought that it was an amazing map none the less.

@GoatLord A really badass remake my dude. You should remake the episode! I'd play it.

Opening Lyrics

"GOAT LORD HAS A WAD,

IT'S CALLED E1M4 REMAKE,

LET'S SEE WHAT HE MADE!"

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

4 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@4MaTC I regret to inform you that I was unable to fully complete the map due to getting utterly lost which is my bad. I thought that it was an amazing map none the less.

It is fine, i guess i should think about some hints, not as bad as arrow in doom 2 downtown, but something more elegant, btw, here is the arrow of where you should go

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210309_001631.png.49b815d23d96c9bb8edbb3fd957716cf.png

but, hey, thanks for an amusing playthrough nevertheless!

@Dubbagdarrel, thanks for playing my map! I made the music btw, and intend to eventually release the tracks for all nine remakes as a free album. Watching you play was super informative because, despite trying to playtest in every possible way, I can't account for all styles and clearly you were struggling with ammo in more than one area. Hopefully my E1M5 remake will be more balanced.

Also, that window you ducked to get into can be normally entered by walking instead of running, while a secondary entrance is possible from earlier the map. I try to leave as many visual queues as I can to guide the player, but perhaps some are too subtle. What seem like obviously telegraphed secrets to me might go completely unnoticed by others.

@NaMcOJR
I'm at work and will be posting ur WAD on here later but it is up on my youtube channel so u can check it rn if you'd like.

1 hour ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@NaMcOJR
I'm at work and will be posting ur WAD on here later but it is up on my youtube channel so u can check it rn if you'd like.

I did and i already left a comment. Thank you very much for your input, i tried to add a bit of mystery so not all powerups/weapons/etc are readily available, and that might be overwhelming if you play the map without some exploration (which is absolutely fine, i just didn't think of it that way), so having someone play the maps gives me a much clearer insight.

I have played them time and time again to make sure they're finishable even without saves, but i did want to make them hard and with that bit of puzzle. I didn't want to mess with the first map much as a display of what i was capable back then, but now i see how it can become cumbersome for someone who actually plays the maps from ground up.

I have already fixed a number of things (also the new demons HP will be better balanced) thanks to your video which i will be viewing some more in order to try and eliminate frustration points which i think are the most important here - Nobody wants to play something and feel bad about it.

Thank you, highly appreciated :)

PS: The nickname is "namco" as the videogames company then "jr" as junior.

PS2: Some of the music is by Jimmy - James Paddock (well, most of it), so no wonder you recognized it :) I only take credit for the map building, 99% of the assets are found on the net or some other resources from WADs.

@NaMcOJR i liked it alot in an architectural stand point, not so much the dozens of custom monsters.

@AustroDoomer I LOVE IT! sorry game audio cut out for some unknown reason but we all know what doom sounds like :)

@HQDefault I LOVED this. I actually got a little emotional near the end of the last map. Something about it hit me just right idk what it was. Thank you so much for this request. Please finish this :)

@VisionThing I liked your map alot and think that your use of monsters in combat was very well put together.

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

16 hours ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

@VisionThing I liked your map alot and think that your use of monsters in combat was very well put together.

Hey, thanks a lot! Great video, glad you enjoyed it.

So ok guys. I don't really know how to ask this but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not annoying everyone on the site by flooding the forum with my videos. I know I update alot and that this thread bumps alot therefore I just don't want to get on anyone's nerves. I thank everyone who has participated in requesting so far and I hope you know how much this video series means to me. I don;t have much else in my life rn so this makes me happy making you guys happy. It's begun pulling me out of an emotional depression I've had for a couple months now. So I hope I'm not a nuisance. love you guys :)

40 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

So ok guys. I don't really know how to ask this but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not annoying everyone on the site by flooding the forum with my videos. I know I update alot and that this thread bumps alot therefore I just don't want to get on anyone's nerves. I thank everyone who has participated in requesting so far and I hope you know how much this video series means to me. I don;t have much else in my life rn so this makes me happy making you guys happy. It's begun pulling me out of an emotional depression I've had for a couple months now. So I hope I'm not a nuisance. love you guys :)

Pfffft I do it all the time buddy. There should be nothing annoying about it I always value anybody who makes videos for me so don't fret about it and have a good time eh 

Keep up the good work and stay positive my friend

2 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Pfffft I do it all the time buddy. There should be nothing annoying about it I always value anybody who makes videos for me so don't fret about it and have a good time eh 

Keep up the good work and stay positive my friend

thank you so much bro! I will stay positive. I just really needed an outlet yah know.

48 minutes ago, Dubbagdarrel said:

So ok guys. I don't really know how to ask this but I just wanted to make sure that I'm not annoying everyone on the site by flooding the forum with my videos. 

As far as i am concerned, you actually did me a big favor :)

I guess this one's mine, its kinda rough, probably there's a misaligned texture that I didn't notice. I finished it today. This is my second completed level

40 minutes ago, NaMcOJR said:

As far as i am concerned, you actually did me a big favor :)

I'm glad you feel that way. That's what this is about!

Hello there! Here comes a little request.

You need the 2 files at the same time , and play it in GZDOOM.

DoomII Iwad. 

Slot 1