Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
omx32x

found a issue on lzdoom

while playing the germs wad i found that for some reason i cant press the switch on the second levelScreenshot_Doom_20210302_130853.png.c85931e7ac038b4e7c5727646a3a738f.png

behind this red key wall is a switchScreenshot_Doom_20210302_130936.png.7701ae52fba74deda6c389ff7c2d9e0d.png

problem is while i have no probleem lowering the red key wall i cant press this switch in any way without using idclip and literaly placing myself inside of it thing is while i cant test on gzdoom since my pc cant run it on zandronum i can press it just fine without having a problem so i dont think thats a bug on the map

my best guess is that lzdoom is getting confusing and it thinks i wanna open the red key wall instead of pressing the switch

im on version 3.87c of lzdoom if anyone wanna try this for themself its on the second level of germs_v1d.wad right in the beggining of the level

Source port doesn't have a mind of its own, so it's not going to get confused. The action or script is either executed or it's not. 

Looks like the map was tested under GZDoom v4.1.3 and Zandronum 3.0 and there is no mention of Lzdoom.

Considering it was never tested with Lzdoom, that may be the problem.

45 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Source port doesn't have a mind of its own, so it's not going to get confused. The action or script is either executed or it's not. 

Looks like the map was tested under GZDoom v4.1.3 and Zandronum 3.0 and there is no mention of Lzdoom.

Considering it was never tested with Lzdoom, that may be the problem.

when i said it was confused it was just a form of me saying that there was something wrong with the switch there involving the door not that i think they have some sort of ai or shit like that

yes i know it has no mention of lzdoom but i just though it might be an bug on it that nobody has found yet so i though it was worth to share so if it is a bug it could be fixed

that is a bug with lzdoom not the map

What do you mean by second level? MAP02? I've downloaded a GERMS_V1D.wad but i can't find that area.

6 hours ago, drfrag said:

What do you mean by second level? MAP02? I've downloaded a GERMS_V1D.wad but i can't find that area.

MAP02 tight spaces

right in the beggining of the level next to the lift in the starting area

theres a buttom to raise the lift needed to progress the map but the lift can only be lowered by pressing the buttom inside the red key wall

here are some pictures for extra context

Screenshot_Doom_20210303_031224.png.fdf8f70c4bb13f46b1b621c8dbdb83a6.pnghere is the buttom that raises the liftScreenshot_Doom_20210303_031338.png.fbacb8d65d66006403e8d00b788babe2.png

this one opens the uac door next to the lift leading to the red key wallScreenshot_Doom_20210303_031316.png.dae7a6a81ea3861cbd446174917dd951.png

diferent angleScreenshot_Doom_20210303_031323.png.205d14555b4ba3092d235f71656554e6.png

and from the map screen

26 minutes ago, drfrag said:

It works fine in both GZDoom and LZDoom, as expected it's the same.

weird so maybe its a problem on my end? i swear i cant press this buttom no matter how much i try though i can press it on zandronum so i dont know what is happening

2021-03-03 07-31-54.rar

inside this file is a video i made showing how i cant press it its probaly a problem on my end but i though this may clarify what my problem is if it wasnt clear already just so we are on the same page

Probably you've done something wrong and you need to press another switch earlier. It's a complex setup. Did you walk over the rocket launcher?

oh i found the issue seens like it was a problem with the compatibility settings i usually play older wads so i use the doom strict and because i have never had any issue with it i though this was a bug

No worries, it was a quick check. BTW with doom strict you also enable compat_oldrandom in LZDoom but i always play with that and the map works properly, i don't play with mods tough.

i dont play with too many mods... well at least gameplay altering ones

i have to say lzdoom is a very impressive port just beated scythe on it today you have done a great job on it