Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keyran-Solo

DOOM E2M5 UV Fast Monsters Pistol Start

Anyone have any tips on how to beat E2M5 on UV with fast monsters/pistol start? I've done about 20 attempts and I can't do it! I'm determined, though.

3 hours ago, Keyran-Solo said:

Anyone have any tips on how to beat E2M5 on UV with fast monsters/pistol start? I've done about 20 attempts and I can't do it! I'm determined, though.

Without saves?

I recorded my playing with saves but I only died one time at the end because of the going to the wrong direction after being telephorted.

Edited by Blackroat

just uv fast ot max secrets and kills as well? if its the former then i recomend you take the secret exit if the later then you should abuse cover and guide gunners into traps so you can easily take them out without much damage

This was attempt #6. The first attempt died to the lost souls guarding the secret exit, and the others died in the first area because I was aggressive. In this run, I backtracked a bit at the end because I missed three monsters and wasn't sure what they were.
Here are some tips:
 - At the start, get a box of shells ASAP
 - The chainsaw is useless against fast pinkies (still have to grab it if you want all secrets), but berserk punching can work.
 - Try to make the two barons infight with the cacodemons to save ammo. Infighting is more reliable with fast monsters because they fire projectiles so frequently.
 - Have the plasma gun and plenty of cells by the time you get to the secret exit; it's the best way to deal with all those lost souls.
 - TBH, hard custom wads on regular UV are much more fun than IWAD maps with fast monsters.

Thank you so much for all the advice and videos! And to clarify, I'm wanting to do zero saves and 100% kills/secrets. I beat it today by the way! The plasma rifle in the lost souls secret room was definitely one of the scariest moments. E2M6 is my next pain the butt; there's so many Pinkies, but at least I get a berserk at the start.

10 hours ago, Keyran-Solo said:

Thank you so much for all the advice and videos! And to clarify, I'm wanting to do zero saves and 100% kills/secrets. I beat it today by the way! The plasma rifle in the lost souls secret room was definitely one of the scariest moments. E2M6 is my next pain the butt; there's so many Pinkies, but at least I get a berserk at the start.

Since you didn't say 100 percent on the title, I just played the shortest way to the exist. I am sorry :D

Without saves, there is no way that I could do all secrets and kills. But I could do the shortest way to the exist with no death if I didn't make the mistake of going the wrong way at the end. That's it. Lol.

Edited by Blackroat