Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaMcOJR

Netherworld - A MegaWAD with 17 maps, boss level plus 2 secret levels

30 minutes ago, NaMcOJR said:

i hope i'm not doing anything wrong here, so if i am feel free to let me know.

I am too tired to come up with a stupid sarcastic joke about this.

Dude, seriously, relax. You're fine. Doom maps of all kinds are welcome here, be they from legendary veterans, returning champions, or new authors such as yourself.

57 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

I am too tired to come up with a stupid sarcastic joke about this.

Dude, seriously, relax. You're fine. Doom maps of all kinds are welcome here, be they from legendary veterans, returning champions, or new authors such as yourself.

yeah I've created maps here that most people thought were pretty bad and they're still welcomed here. Plus your's look much better than those maps

Updated to 1.2 with many changes and two new levels for episode 3, still a work-in-progress.

Updated to 1.3, this should be the "final" version for some time as i don't really have many more ideas right now.

Now this looks very interesting, AND FOR THE FIRST WAD! :D

I used to have GZDoom but it began to act strange since the time I had to remove the graphic card that had OpenGL, the graphic card port may have deteriorated and I cannot play with GZDoom anymore :(

Edited by Omniplex

Updated the WAD with some bugfixes and level corrections (also some difficulty adjustment). Added YouTube link with full playthrough of the WAD 100% kills, 100% secrets - This is a work in progress, currently levels 1 and 2 only, 3 soon to follow.

51 minutes ago, Jacek Bourne said:

You should state the format of the maps so we know what source ports its compatible with.

It uses decorate, so I'd say Zandronum at least.

I edited the topic, thanks guys. Requires GZDoom due to some features being used. It's nothing over the top as i really don't like to run away from vanilla, so i used it just enough to get some stuff done (bridges, some scripting etc).

This is pretty solid. The levels get better as they go. UV is very tough. I died on map04 at the bridge fight so I'm going to start over and try HMP.

I just finished the first episode. My only real criticism is with progression. There are some cryptic parts. I have the map set up to show activatable line defs. If not I don't think I could beat some of these levels. Even with the map being in cheat mode I still wasn't able to figure out the beginning of map05. I ran down each of the three corridors and wasn't able to figure out how to advance. Eventually I just jumped up to the platform in the middle corridor. Of all the maps in episode one the bridge fight on map04 was the hardest for me. There's also a lot of ammo in the levels.

Edited by Bryan T

On 5/29/2021 at 8:51 PM, Bryan T said:

(...) I still wasn't able to figure out the beginning of map05. I ran down each of the three corridors and wasn't able to figure out how to advance. (...)

Thanks for the feedback. I did want to keep things a bit cryptic, but not too much and this helps me understand how hard some things are. I'll have it reviewed.

You can raise the stairs in the middle corridor by using a switch on the left corridor, after beating the Archies in the "game" and entering the secret door that opens afterwards. When you exit again, there will be a new switch on the left which will raise the stairs. I will probably show the switch at the same time as the door opens, it doesn't make much sense hiding it this much.

Gameplay video will be out 15th Jun for this level.

@SickBoyOC Yeah, it is, I think it's one of the reasons why so few people played it, even though it's nicely done. It irked me too, so I opened the WAD in Slade3 and edited the MAPINFO lump to remove the limitation.

@Caleb13 Not that I hold no mouselook against it, but I'm on map 2 and it has thrown me off a bit getting used to that again. I can tell the wad is nicely done and appears to be one of the better ones from what I have seen Decino say about it so I'll press on with it

One big problem I'm having is the sky and anything near it starts cloning and doing the Droste effect in certain maps with open area looks. And in all maps the sky designs still have a line through it. I don't think this is intentional. Also, the little doomguy head stays at the top of the screen even if I adjust the HUD like normal. Could have something to do with the latest GZDoom update? I'm just wondering if anyone else has these issues? And what could be causing this? I thought it had something to do with my Smooth Doom add-on but it still does it upon an clean open.

Other than that I've been absolutely enjoying this wad. Love the updated monster sprites and level design. Very unique!

Netherworld Screenshot.jpg