Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaMcOJR

Netherworld - A MegaWAD with 15 maps, boss level and 2 secret levels

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Being the very first WAD i have ever made, i hope i'm not doing anything wrong here, so if i am feel free to let me know.

Netherworld is my very first attempt at building a MegaWAD for DOOMII - Hell on Earth. I have always enjoyed Ultimate DOOM the most, but recently, and very inspired by a certain YouTube channel, my interest on DOOMII has outgrown the original by quite a margin. Being a software developer and really enjoying what i do, i decided to start creating my own levels and ideas and so Netherworld has come to life, featuring 12 levels, a boss level and 2 secret levels.

I stopped at MAP12 because i ran out of ideas there and i wasn’t going to build more levels “just because”. I might resume work if i get further stuff crossing my mind and create another or maybe two episodes for a full megawad.

I have used many freely available resources on the web (graphics, musics, sprites), made 3 or 4 graphics myself and built all levels from ground up except:

- Level 30 which is an adaptation as stated in the README.

- Secret level 2 (MAP32) which contains “stuff” from DOOM1 (i don’t want to spoil it too much).

- A small section on MAP7 is VERY similar to a section on a plutonia level which i don’t really recall, i liked the design and made something similar there.

There is a noticeable difficulty increase as well as detail increase from the first level into the later levels as i learned new tricks and new ideas came up from

videos i have watched lately that either inspired me or i decided to implement in a different way.

I hope you enjoy it as much as i did putting it together and even playing it :)

I have just uploaded it to the FTP, but it can be found here as well:

https://mega.nz/file/0Q8EFT6B#7FRP91xF_P2IM1IUSLRu6KNiv44TIDY8YbaotHCzH-0 - VERSION 1.3 (Added level 15, bugfixes)

https://mega.nz/file/Mc8nXArC#q8cOCsf70lZd4Qlb_kgN9-w9LPT4wf9QyoS2-CGKpT0 - VERSION 1.2

- Configured all maps for difficulty levels lower than Ultra Violence
- Added Episode 3 with 2 levels (level 13 is done, 14 is still under testing, so... WIP)
- Fixed additional issues with some levels (missing texture here and there, design improvements...)
- Some other minor tweaks based on user input after first release

https://mega.nz/file/QdkSRCoB#CXkhatRGUo7If9CQLmnySZKhjvivyMslb90tTuvdguk - VERSION 1.1 (some bugfixes)

https://mega.nz/file/JUthFI5S#Qc34FBbYpQcPB51VDpNRRDiH0c9Dw_euAk3cbC3vcb4 - VERSION 1.0

Screenshot_Doom_20210130_213723.png.8d296657c6d5e641910b0b0a671418fb.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210303_105639.png.f2f4ad7f4b6e3d3dbe8f44771f41f2ea.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210303_105726.png.f1e8d0bead9b79e12fd280c14885ca6e.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210303_105754.png.e1ced1c464a9362c5358a6d13970f4e7.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210303_105838.png.4d87702ed3c8c4dc3a502b03d688b8a5.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210303_105857.png.33b2240ed2403039c93105aa22a5f503.png

Edited by NaMcOJR : New version 1.3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, NaMcOJR said:

i hope i'm not doing anything wrong here, so if i am feel free to let me know.

I am too tired to come up with a stupid sarcastic joke about this.

Dude, seriously, relax. You're fine. Doom maps of all kinds are welcome here, be they from legendary veterans, returning champions, or new authors such as yourself.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

I am too tired to come up with a stupid sarcastic joke about this.

Dude, seriously, relax. You're fine. Doom maps of all kinds are welcome here, be they from legendary veterans, returning champions, or new authors such as yourself.

yeah I've created maps here that most people thought were pretty bad and they're still welcomed here. Plus your's look much better than those maps

Updated to 1.2 with many changes and two new levels for episode 3, still a work-in-progress.

Updated to 1.3, this should be the "final" version for some time as i don't really have many more ideas right now.

Posted (edited)

Now this looks very interesting, AND FOR THE FIRST WAD! :D

I used to have GZDoom but it began to act strange since the time I had to remove the graphic card that had OpenGL, the graphic card port may have deteriorated and I cannot play with GZDoom anymore :(

Edited by Omniplex