Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Keen

What do you want id to do next after Eternal?

9 hours ago, Senor Cacodemon said:

Sometimes I think that it would be cool if they could go back to the original doom engine and make a new doom game in there. Of course, being honest, they would probably make it to get money from peoples nostalgia but I still do think it would be cool. Imagine a new weapon like the ballista in Doom 1993. And completely new official maps.

Reminds me of most of the stuff i wrote where they make a "indie/boomer shooter" style game with help from modders or indie devs, just to play with the classic stuff and include new stuff somehow.

But done in a way to justify it.

9 hours ago, Ghostly_Pops said:

doom 64 remake maybe? 

That reminds me, how's that project the GEC team was working on?

Because to me, bringing back D64 translates to "look they finally brought and canonized the cut enemies".

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2022 at 2:20 AM, Flake Lorenz said:

I want a new Quake stylized as the first one was. Maybe add Cthulu or something

in quake we have chtulhu it is vadrigar of the elder world chtalha aka Emma Johansen granddaughter of gustav Johansen from call of chtulhu novel,and one fact by adam pyle  he creator of the current lore and canon of quake he say this in quake of discord server before release of doom eternal the doom slayer and bj are ideed guest  characters and not apear in quake champions events in qc they just fan service doom from q3 are doomguy from parallel time line he died after ep 1 and trapped in to eternal arena domain in Dreamlands, like paul Williams aka volkerh after nightmares  by Contact with ancient parchment   he poison himself   he apear  in realm of black magic became vadrigar and defeat the lurching king.

Edited by Wad overdose

15 hours ago, Wad overdose said:

in quake we have chtulhu it is vadrigar of the elder world chtalha aka Emma Johansen granddaughter of gustav Johansen from call of chtulhu novel,and one fact by adam pyle  he creator of the current lore and canon of quake he say this in quake of discord server before release of doom eternal the doom slayer and bj are ideed guest  characters and not apear in quake champions events in qc they just fan service doom from q3 are doomguy from parallel time line he died after ep 1 and trapped in to eternal arena domain in Dreamlands, like paul Williams aka volkerh after nightmares  by Contact with ancient parchment   he poison himself   he apear  in realm of black magic became vadrigar and defeat the lurching king.

That's one hell of a sentence

I actually didn't like Quake that much, because it had super weak gunplay, but the level design was the most consistent Id's ever delivered. I think it would work well in a less... shootery context. Maybe a new Quake with the original's artstyle and atmosphere, but borrow some gameplay and progression ideas from stuff like Thief or Metroid Prime, that would fit the tone better? Honestly, I would love a completely non-combat game that just used Quake's level design with Hub progression, but that's not Id's strength.