Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skillsaw

Heartland - final version available on idgames

I admire how you always find the way to innovate in this game. I didn't know this was possible on Eternity Engine. You totally nailed it. Gameplay is so dynamic and fluid, and the new monsters and weapons are so good. It didn't feel unfair at any moment. My favourite level was also map 06. True masterpiece. I hope more people make their wads on this source port, the possibilities are huge. Thank you.

In map04, I found that you can skip a large portion of the map by leaping from the blue door building top floor to the hill in the middle of the map, and then leaping from that hill to the bridge that leads to the exit.

Spoiler

I suppose if you want to prevent this skip without resorting to invisible walls, you could change the shape of the hill so that the leap to the exit bridge is no longer possible?

So, Im kind of new at this. I downloaded eternity but, I dont see anything for the actual wad itself. Can someone direct me to the link to download the wad?

I'm not entirely sure how this happened, but I'm in Map 02 and I can no longer tell where the gameplay ends and the sky-box begins...

(I'm not sure if this happened because I loaded RC3 over the data for RC2, but I didn't want to start from the very beginning after just finishing that level.)

etrn00.png

4 minutes ago, 666shooter said:

I'm not sure if this happened because I loaded RC3 over the data for RC2

Yeah that'll break things. The save will have all these references to various things in the map that are now just plain wrong.

As an aside all maps are perfectly fine pistol started. MAP02 actually used to be MAP01 even.

49 minutes ago, Ottopartz460 said:

So, Im kind of new at this. I downloaded eternity but, I dont see anything for the actual wad itself. Can someone direct me to the link to download the wad?

It's right here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjtrn7f9xxmz6n4/heartland_rc3.zip?dl=1

It's a .pke file, but you can play it just like a wad.

Either drag and drop onto Eternity.exe or use the command line.

Hi guys, is there the way how to turn off mouse movement in Eternity Engine? I would like use mouse look only because the mouse movement is uncomfortable for me.

I haven´t found this in options.

Thank you :-)

1 minute ago, leebigh said:

Hi guys, is there the way how to turn off mouse movement in Eternity Engine? I would like use mouse look only because the mouse movement is uncomfortable for me.

I haven´t found this in options.

Thank you :-)

Options > Mouse/Gamepad > then in miscellaneous, "no vertical mouse movement"

This mapset is.... disgustingly good. Gives me a real build engine vibe. Just super impressive work. I honestly think some of the top doom mappers should just pull a 3D realms and make their own Doom engine based game to sell.... with maps like this there is no telling how amazing the final product would be.

Bravo!

Really incredible stuff. I agree with the people saying MAP06 is possibly the best map, a standout map in an already stellar set. The elevator down the beginning of MAP07 had my jaw drop at the architecture.

I thought the palette, texture set, room-over-room, new weapons, and new enemies were all used very thoughtfully and tastefully. The biggest fights I had to handle way differently than if plasma or BFG were available as all the highest-DPS weapons will splash you to death in close quarters, which I thought made for some very unique fights.

Thanks! I definitely appreciate the comments re: MAP06 as I was a bit worried that it was a bit too much of a ramp up in size and difficulty (it's also intentionally a bit more mean spirited than the first 5 maps, but I guess that's obvious given the name).

Map06 was fine overall, only the penultimate fight (the one where we get the cluster launcher) felt a bit too much of a ramp in difficulty.

Is there a way to adjust the Quick Turn speed in Eternity Engine?

I'm coming from GZDoom and my brain is too slow for this. 

The way the perspective switches almost instantly constantly messes with my orientation..

reposting this because it got crickets over at Special Interest..

is this a stupid question? I'm just old and slow, man..

1 minute ago, greenslimeriver said:

reposting this because it got crickets over at Special Interest..

Sorry, I somehow missed that thread. I don't believe so. It's always a single tic to turn 180, so 1/35th of a second.

Holy crap! That was some of the craziest DOOM action I've ever played! Map 06 was absolutely insane! I was surprised and the pacing of the combat and I stayed alive all the way until the final battle and had I did have to "resurrect" myself a few times; but it was awesome! I'll have to try again and do better. Incredible work!

20 hours ago, rd. said:

Options > Mouse/Gamepad > then in miscellaneous, "no vertical mouse movement"

Thank you very much :-)

congratulations and thanks for all your work!

haven't got to play it yet, but from what i've seen, it's amazing.

Damn, last night I completely swore off playing Doom in a non-VR way...and now I see this...and I can't play it in VR.

So, I guess I will swear off non-VR Doom after this then...lol

This is to Eternity what Half Life 2 was to Source. EE was already my port of choice and the thought of this inspiring more Eternity exclusive projects makes me happy, especially with the bar of quality being this high.

15 minutes ago, Tammato said:

This is to Eternity what Half Life 2 was to Source. EE was already my port of choice and the thought of this inspiring more Eternity exclusive projects makes me happy, especially with the bar of quality being this high.

Honestly I hope this WAD works to bring Eternity more to the fore.  I am generally more of a vanilla/boom/mbf guy with Crispy/Woof/DSDADoom but something about this just feels "right" for the lack of a better word when it comes to more heavily modded or a more feature heavy Doom experience.

58 minutes ago, Tammato said:

i really hope so!! while i personally don't use eternity, it really deserves much more attention than it gets

I would encourage those enthused by Eternity’s recent attention to carry forward the momentum and start an Eternity community mapping project

Looks simply amazing. Will there ever be a GZ Doom version of Heartland? I hope Skillsaw can consider this in the future so that it gets mod compatibility

13 minutes ago, behemoth_667 said:

Looks simply amazing. Will there ever be a GZ Doom version of Heartland? I hope Skillsaw can consider this in the future so that it gets mod compatibility

On 3/7/2021 at 6:30 PM, Edward850 said:

At the moment there's no other port that can run it, as it requires edge portals (portals that exist on upper and lower walls) which no other port supports, among other general incompatibilities with things like EDF and the map action behaviours. Plus, you know, why? It's perfectly fine being an Eternity mapset.