Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid87

We have lost...

TBH, I don't really care how people think of. Right now, there are too much Doom Eternal elitism going on.

12 minutes ago, Xaser said:

r/Doom is pretty much all focused on the new games. This is no different than GZDoom topping a "what's the best source port" poll in a ZDoom forum thread. :P

^^ what they said ^^

also, as much as i prefer classic doom over the newer games, i don't think it's really a big deal that people prefer the latter. not everyone is gonna like what you do

If we did the same poll here and 200ish people voted the results would be wildly different. The only way to get a real aggregate would be to do this poll at all semi-popular doom sites

5 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

The only way to get a real aggregate would be to do this poll at all semi-popular doom sites

and then rig it to show the answer we want.

There is no losing, the fact that you can make levels for a game already makes it endless.

All versions of (the game) is good, what is the debate about again? 

The Reddit hordes have overrun our fortifications, the mappers have fought bravely, to no avail.

Truly, only a miracle can save us now.

Oh no. A random bunch of people on a website voted on some games in a series and generated a result that means absolutely nothing and will affect even less. Woe is me. We have lost gents and ladies. Its over. Shut it all down. 

*insert sad music here*

Guys, you just don't understand the tragedy,  it isn't Ultimate Doom winning but it is the, ugh, Nu-Doom game winning.

This, to me, as a hardcore classic Doomer that ONLY plays the originals (the superior product) sickens me as it clearly doesn't show new=bad like my Bi-Weekly (usually alternating Tuesdays) "Nu-Doom is Bad" thread demands, unacceptable.

As a True Doomer, I feel that the opinions of these people, who play Doom, are unimportant as they aren't playing MY DOOM (the good one), therefore this is wrong and bad.

If it ain't .wad it ain't .right

1 hour ago, SlayerOGames666 said:

Epic meme

10/10 meme technique. Topical, on point and amusing.

Also anytime i see or hear someone claim I'm a true something i immediately disregard everything they say.

i absolutely agree with OP: if DoomWorld got so low that we're talking about voting from Reddit, we all lost.

Yeah, Eternal better than 2016, how dare they. If Eternal won please rename the Tyrant or at least call him CyberTyrant or something this thing is driving me nuts

Nu Doom to me seems like putting Doom lore and monsters in a new engine. You could very well take any other game or start a new franchise and having similar style. I mean, in painkiller you fight demons or monsters, in other games you fight monsters. What's different than taking any of these engines and sticking the Doom brand on? Maybe the speed (it's a myth it's as fast as classic Doom player run speed) or hordes (serious sam has more). There is an excitement whenever your classic franchise makes a remake. It doesn't feel like that, I don't mind as I can still play the classic. I've played Doom 2016 and almost start Doom Eternal but didn't bother, they are ok as AAA, but no more nostalgia buying for me.

2 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

copypasta

2 hours ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Guys, you just don't understand the tragedy,  it isn't Ultimate Doom winning but it is the, ugh, Nu-Doom game winning.

This, to me, as a hardcore classic Doomer that ONLY plays the originals (the superior product) sickens me as it clearly doesn't show new=bad like my Bi-Weekly (usually alternating Tuesdays) "Nu-Doom is Bad" thread demands, unacceptable.

As a True Doomer, I feel that the opinions of these people, who play Doom, are unimportant as they aren't playing MY DOOM (the good one), therefore this is wrong and bad.

If it ain't .wad it ain't .right

Prime copypasta material.

This is pretty much every thread in Doom Eternal section when a patch or DLC comes out.

18 minutes ago, Optimus said:

Nu Doom to me seems like putting Doom lore and monsters in a new engine. You could very well take any other game or start a new franchise and having similar style. I mean, in painkiller you fight demons or monsters, in other games you fight monsters. What's different than taking any of these engines and sticking the Doom brand on? Maybe the speed (it's a myth it's as fast as classic Doom player run speed) or hordes (serious sam has more). There is an excitement whenever your classic franchise makes a remake. It doesn't feel like that, I don't mind as I can still play the classic. I've played Doom 2016 and almost start Doom Eternal but didn't bother, they are ok as AAA, but no more nostalgia buying for me.

I think people say that NuDoom feels fast because the game asks you to juggle resources and quickly make tactical decisions while sharing a space with a dozen highly aggressive and mobile AIs, that often try to flank you and are good at hunting players. I think that's also why it can seem like there are loads of monsters in play, their gameplay design gives them more presence than bog-standard FPS enemies that just bumrush the player. In Doom 2016 I had a Hell Knight chase me down from across the other side of the Foundry. That's significantly impressive behaviour compared to most FPS game enemies I've seen, which are about as dumb as a box of rocks.

I just thought that we lost important community member by looking at this thread title, but seems it's about silly poll...