Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orchid87

We have lost...

weddit is tawking bout my super cool obscure super unknown videwo gaeem!!!11!1 how wiw we evew wecover

Who cares what a bunch of annoying losers on that site thinks. You even look more pathetic OP just for attempting to make a mountain out of an anthill here. Go outside or something, christ...

I like Doom Eternal, but let's see how things look in say like 5 years or so. We will still be here, but most people who have played it wont go back to it repeatedly, like people do with stuff like the OG Dooms and Quake, because modding and all that.

3 hours ago, VoanHead said:

Who cares what a bunch of annoying losers on that site thinks. You even look more pathetic OP just for attempting to make a mountain out of an anthill here. Go outside or something, christ...

Normally I'd agree with you but I don't think going outside is a good idea in various different parts of the world right now for... *Checks your profile pic* ... For plague reasons.

I’m really surprised that DooM 64 and Doom 3 got the same numbers of votes!

I know DooM 64 was a bit of a lost gem that not many people played but I thought everyone had agreed that doom 3 is just a bit poo (from what we could see of it anyways) XP

3 minutes ago, DooM Bear said:

I’m really surprised that DooM 64 and Doom 3 got the same numbers of votes!

I know DooM 64 was a bit of a lost gem that not many people played but I thought everyone had agreed that doom 3 is just a bit poo (from what we could see of it anyways) XP

Really? I thought the consensus was Doom 3 was a good enough game. It just couldn't compete with Great games. The other Doom games happen to be Great

Tbh, eternal is about as much a Doom game as Total Annihilation is a Command and Conquer game. Classic Doom and C&C work because they're very simple, even a first timer would have no trouble quickly learning that you press shoot on the bad guy, or click on your dude to select him and click again to tell him to go there. Classic Doom had very simple movement mechanics, very simple combat mechanics and enemies all work mostly the same. And that made it all work, for it was the variety in maps, weapons and monsters that gave the vigor to keep the game interesting. You don't need to know doom to know what a person playing doom is doing, unlike Eternal which has so many different mechanics mudding up the simplicity. 

That doesn't mean Eternal is a bad game, just that it doesn't play like Doom outside of being same genre. Quake Champions feels more like Doom, even with its weird abilities. Huh, Quake staying mostly same through 25 years shows that "old" games can still work today.

23 hours ago, 94's the best style said:

That doesn't mean Eternal is a bad game, just that it doesn't play like Doom outside of being same genre. Quake Champions feels more like Doom, even with its weird abilities. Huh, Quake staying mostly same through 25 years shows that "old" games can still work today.

funny of you to say that because quake has been the most inconcistent series that id has though i think you kinda have a point in the gameplay department

i think quake would be way more popular today if they didnt change the formula so much

Content on r/Doom has always been more focused on the new games. If you'd do the same poll here, the votes would be reversed.

Good to see people are happy with the new Doom games and that this amazing franchise does not suffer from the Star Wars effect where only 2 out of 9 entries are good.