3kx0AxJ.jpeg

EwODq3CXEAMF6hR-1.jpg

9GvrqnB.jpg

fu0hZnI.jpg

zC14Ape.jpg

Level count (source):

R1YZPHE.png

Description (source):

The Ancient Gods – Part Two is the epic conclusion to the DOOM Slayer’s Saga and the second campaign expansion to the critically acclaimed DOOM Eternal.

You denied the gods and awoke an ancient evil. Now rally the scattered Sentinel armies, lay siege to the last bastion of Hell, break through the fortress walls, and face the Dark Lord himself. The soul of the universe hangs in the balance.

Your war against Hell ends here. 

EXPERIENCE THE END OF THE SLAYER’S SAGA 

Experience the epic conclusion to the DOOM Slayer’s saga. From the moment you were activated by Samuel Hayden at the UAC facility on Mars to the destruction of the Icon of Sin, all your battles have led to this. Prepare to siege Immora, the last bastion of the dark realm, challenge the Dark Lord in combat, and seal the demons within Hell for good. 

FIGHT ACROSS EPIC BATTLEFIELDS 

From the ruins of ancient Sentinel settlements and the cosmic wonders of the World Spear, to a devastated and overgrown city on Earth hiding a mysterious gateway, face Hell’s armies in never-before-seen locations as you fight your way to Immora, the last bastion of the Dark Lord protected by towering walls and powered by advanced technology. 

FACE CHALLENGING ENEMY VARIANTS 

Face new, deadly variants of demons. The Armored Baron wears special armor and uses a charged fist attack. The Stone Imp possesses a nearly impenetrable hide and prefers close combat. The Screecher is a zombie that empowers nearby demons when killed. The Cursed Prowler is a mutation with venomous, cursed claws. Exploit their weaknesses to destroy them. 

WIELD THE SENTINEL HAMMER 

Deliver more destruction with the Sentinel Hammer, an ancient weapon capable of stopping any demons caught within its shockwave. Use it to stun demons or combine it with the Ice Bomb or Flame Belch to extract much-needed health or armor. 

*The Year One Pass includes two campaign expansions: The Ancient Gods -- Part One and The Ancient Gods -- Part Two. 

Release date (source): March 18th, 2021

---

References:

* Cynic the Original's Discord

* D.Vile's cover art post

* Whatup876's screenshots' Imgur album

* Man of Doom's teaser trailer date

* Stoltzmann's release date post

* Vic Vos' teaser trailer post (YouTube)

* Hunting4r2d2's teaser trailer post (Reddit)

---

My thoughts on the new weapon:

Spoiler

zbKg0iA.png

Edited by AtimZarr1 : I didn't want to make a new thread

Melee weapon... hate that, and if the dark lord boss fight is just harder version of the marauder with "you can only shoot him when the eyes go green and he blocks hitscan weapons" bullshit I will be hugely disappointed.

21 minutes ago, Stoltzmann said:

Melee weapon... hate that

I only expect to not be a 1 ko hit weapon, i expect a utility weapon.

Why is the Hammer disappointing?

Is there footage of it in use and it's just another glorified blood punch? Or did you really want to use the Soulcube?

That cube is kind of redundant thanks to Eternals mechanics.

I understand the disappointment in a melee weapon in an FPS, but what did you expect? Off the top of my head the only projectile weapon type i can think of that's missing is a Quake style grenade launcher or both the primary fire modes of Unreal's flak cannon and ripper - Something that bounces off of walls. I don't even think those kind of projectiles would suite the game either.

As for hitscan, a lightning gun would only serve to make the chaingun even less relevant. Besides, it'd be hard to balance that against only AI, especially with the larger hitboxes.

Just some initial thoughts

No complaints here. To be honest though I still haven't played PT 1 I've been waiting for the whole thing to be released and I'll probably have run through Eternal again beforehand.

I do wonder if they planned the hammer for the beginning and it wasn't just a last resort idea.

In fact, was the intention to end the "Slayer's arc" even meant to be expansions instead of a full game?

Because i assume that Eternal did not turn out how id wanted to be, specially during the pandemic and i think tying the DLC's to the season pass didn't help this.

It's no wonder id once said "we haven't made our best Doom yet", because eventually, they'll look at Eternal and admit things could have been differently.

At this point, i wonder if we're even going to pilot a mech.

If the Dark Lord never reaches that actual "1v1" style of boss fight, that's another example of Doom not reaching what felt like a promissed potential.

Here's my analysis on each achievement:

Crystal Spelunker - The World Spear may be a reference to the Cosmic Spear on Argent D'Nur that the Elemental Wraiths were born out of in the beginning. The achievement title and image seems to suggest we're looking for crystals here, possibly to forge the Sentinel Hammer. The naming of the new weapon and the nature of this achievement seems to suggest we won't be borrowing Valen's hammer but rather making our own.

Cross the Threshold - Reclaimed Earth suggests we will be returning to Earth, although it is a rather unusual level name. Not sure what the achievement title and image are referring to. Level-specific achievement titles are usually related to what happens at the end of the level, so it seems the Slayer may cross some physical line. Perhaps a portal to Hell? Not sure why else he would return to Earth after presumably forging a Sentinel Hammer. I think there's a possibility he may be rallying the people of Earth based on the next achievement and "cross the threshold" means to take a portal to Hell.

Siege the Day - Immora is a location from Jekkad mentioned in DLC 1's Codex. It is described only in the context of "walls of Immora", suggesting this may be a castle, fortress, or citadel of some kind. The achievement title and image seems to suggest the Slayer will invade this fortress - perhaps with a rallied army from Reclaimed Earth? In the achievement image, the Slayer is holding the Super Shotgun like Ash from Army of Darkness - which further suggests he will be leading an army.

Tougher Than Nails - Confirms the DLC 1 leak for the Sentinel Hammer since it also references weapon upgrades. For context, that leak mentioned two upgrades: increased leap distance and increased ammo capacity. While the specifics of the upgrades could've changed since then, it does make sense if we unlock the Sentinel Hammer by the end of World Spear. I presume that Escalation Encounters will be the source of the upgrades - as there is one per level, two across Reclaimed Earth and Immora further reinforces the two upgrades from the earlier leak. There doesn't seem to be an achievement for Escalation Encounters, which I think suggests it will be tied to the Sentinel Hammer upgrades. DLC 1 had a Secret Encounter achievement, which is absent here - also suggesting that Escalation Encounters may have replaced them (which makes sense).

Rest Your Weary Fists - Confirms that we will indeed kill the Dark Lord (there were some theories that he may live/survive to continue onto future Doom titles). The achievement title seems to suggest the Slayer will actually "retire" after killing the Dark Lord. I had thought that they might mirror Doom 64's ending (after all the demons outside of Hell are banished, the Slayer remains in Hell to hunt the remaining demons to ensure they never invade again because his "fight is eternal"). The achievement name would seem to go against this idea. Hugo has been indirectly hinting that perhaps the Divinity Machine is an extension of the Dark Lord's power (in a similar way that Hell is an extension of his power too). Perhaps killing the Dark Lord will return the Slayer back to Doomguy? That could explain the achievement image showing him looking at his fists with these unexplained waves in the background - but it could just simply be an artistic rendition of the achievement name.

Live Die Reload and Critical Literature - There's nothing really to discuss here other than these are "standard" achievements that also existed in DLC 1. I am curious to see what DLC 2's Codex will cover, as DLC 1 covered mostly The Father and fall of Davoth/Jekkad. Hugo did mention that Hell being the original dimension with no variations will be a part of DLC 2's story, so I wonder if the Codex will cover that.

---

13 hours ago, Chezza said:

Why is the Hammer disappointing?

Is there footage of it in use and it's just another glorified blood punch? Or did you really want to use the Soulcube?

That cube is kind of redundant thanks to Eternals mechanics.

I was just a bit invested in my pet theory regarding the Soul Cube. I had dismissed Argent-powered melee weapons because I figured they would be too similar to The Crucible (unless the mechanics were considerably changed). While possibly redundant, I figured the Soul Cube would be a good fit based on Hugo's hints since the whole "charge-up-to-recover-resources" mechanic is something I thought would complement the gameplay as a ranged super weapon that specializes in resource recovery. I'm rather biased to anything Doom 3 though. The image I posted in the OP was a meme I made a while ago since I began to suspect the Sentinel Hammer may be true, I'm not seriously disappointed although I do admit I'd rather have a Soul Cube.

Seems like DLC 2 is going to be a bit bigger than the first, as the achievements suggest that there will be four levels instead of three. Also, I wonder if the choose to make the new weapon the hammer since some were dissatisfied with the crucible blade. In a sense, it is an attempt at making a proper melee weapon rather than a one-hit super weapon.

I still wish they had chosen to improve the blade with parrying and stuff instead of dumping it for a hammer. Hammer makes sense for the way the blade currently behaves I guess, but that's about all I can say for it. Still keen on AG-2 here, but eh... less enthused at that one part. 

9 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Here's my analysis on each achievement:

Crystal Spelunker - The World Spear may be a reference to the Cosmic Spear on Argent D'Nur that the Elemental Wraiths were born out of in the beginning. The achievement title and image seems to suggest we're looking for crystals here, possibly to forge the Sentinel Hammer. The naming of the new weapon and the nature of this achievement seems to suggest we won't be borrowing Valen's hammer but rather making our own.

Cross the Threshold - Reclaimed Earth suggests we will be returning to Earth, although it is a rather unusual level name. Not sure what the achievement title and image are referring to. Level-specific achievement titles are usually related to what happens at the end of the level, so it seems the Slayer may cross some physical line. Perhaps a portal to Hell? Not sure why else he would return to Earth after presumably forging a Sentinel Hammer. I think there's a possibility he may be rallying the people of Earth based on the next achievement and "cross the threshold" means to take a portal to Hell.

Siege the Day - Immora is a location from Jekkad mentioned in DLC 1's Codex. It is described only in the context of "walls of Immora", suggesting this may be a castle, fortress, or citadel of some kind. The achievement title and image seems to suggest the Slayer will invade this fortress - perhaps with a rallied army from Reclaimed Earth? In the achievement image, the Slayer is holding the Super Shotgun like Ash from Army of Darkness - which further suggests he will be leading an army.

Tougher Than Nails - Confirms the DLC 1 leak for the Sentinel Hammer since it also references weapon upgrades. For context, that leak mentioned two upgrades: increased leap distance and increased ammo capacity. While the specifics of the upgrades could've changed since then, it does make sense if we unlock the Sentinel Hammer by the end of World Spear. I presume that Escalation Encounters will be the source of the upgrades - as there is one per level, two across Reclaimed Earth and Immora further reinforces the two upgrades from the earlier leak. There doesn't seem to be an achievement for Escalation Encounters, which I think suggests it will be tied to the Sentinel Hammer upgrades. DLC 1 had a Secret Encounter achievement, which is absent here - also suggesting that Escalation Encounters may have replaced them (which makes sense).

Rest Your Weary Fists - Confirms that we will indeed kill the Dark Lord (there were some theories that he may live/survive to continue onto future Doom titles). The achievement title seems to suggest the Slayer will actually "retire" after killing the Dark Lord. I had thought that they might mirror Doom 64's ending (after all the demons outside of Hell are banished, the Slayer remains in Hell to hunt the remaining demons to ensure they never invade again because his "fight is eternal"). The achievement name would seem to go against this idea. Hugo has been indirectly hinting that perhaps the Divinity Machine is an extension of the Dark Lord's power (in a similar way that Hell is an extension of his power too). Perhaps killing the Dark Lord will return the Slayer back to Doomguy? That could explain the achievement image showing him looking at his fists with these unexplained waves in the background - but it could just simply be an artistic rendition of the achievement name.

Live Die Reload and Critical Literature - There's nothing really to discuss here other than these are "standard" achievements that also existed in DLC 1. I am curious to see what DLC 2's Codex will cover, as DLC 1 covered mostly The Father and fall of Davoth/Jekkad. Hugo did mention that Hell being the original dimension with no variations will be a part of DLC 2's story, so I wonder if the Codex will cover that.

---

I was just a bit invested in my pet theory regarding the Soul Cube. I had dismissed Argent-powered melee weapons because I figured they would be too similar to The Crucible (unless the mechanics were considerably changed). While possibly redundant, I figured the Soul Cube would be a good fit based on Hugo's hints since the whole "charge-up-to-recover-resources" mechanic is something I thought would complement the gameplay as a ranged super weapon that specializes in resource recovery. I'm rather biased to anything Doom 3 though. The image I posted in the OP was a meme I made a while ago since I began to suspect the Sentinel Hammer may be true, I'm not seriously disappointed although I do admit I'd rather have a Soul Cube.

Ya I was totally on board with your soul cube theory. Just made so much sense. I'm concerned that the hammer will just be a long distance blood punch. It would be pretty cool if you could combo hammer strikes with blood punch though. We'll see how it all plays out!

13 hours ago, whatup876 said:

At this point, i wonder if we're even going to pilot a mech.

At no point was this ever suggested. They're world building props, nothing more.

I wouldn't mind the Soul Cube as a weapon / tool either. It can serve as a practical weapon (enter arena, launch it at a super heavy for easy kill with health return) but it's not terribly imaginative and it would bother me knowing it was in Olivia's office as a Easter Egg and the Doom guy just ignores it. If it's so significant and useful, even if for any reason it was deactivated, I doubt he would just leave it there.

12 minutes ago, Chezza said:

I wouldn't mind the Soul Cube as a weapon / tool either. It can serve as a practical weapon (enter arena, launch it at a super heavy for easy kill with health return) but it's not terribly imaginative and it would bother me knowing it was in Olivia's office as a Easter Egg and the Doom guy just ignores it. If it's so significant and useful, even if for any reason it was deactivated, I doubt he would just leave it there.

Well, he collected it at some Point, as it is in the Fortress.
Maybe it has lost its Powers or it has become to weak for him :P
I mean, he killed more Demons in the first Episode of Doom 1 than his Counterfit in Doom 3 in the whole Campaign, maybe the Soulcube is just to slow.

But it would have been cool if it was used to be a Part of the Hammer, just as a "little" cool Gimmick :)

But overall i have nearly no Interest in the DLC and i doubt i will play it right after Release.
The first one felt more Exhausting than Challanging and robed me the whole Love i had for the Maingame.

12 hours ago, Cantleylads said:

At no point was this ever suggested. They're world building props, nothing more.

Then i guess i misremembered something.

5 hours ago, Chezza said:

I always thought the Cube could have been like both a boomerang and something that "drills" on enemies.

Like Turok Cerebral Bore meets Rage Wingstick.

Maybe the cube will still be part of the hammer :)

You kill enemies to charge the weapon up and then get an insta-kill strike with it. 

I like the Soul Cube, but then I love Doom 3 so...

So, an artwork of the second DLC just leaked today, showcasing some of the new enemies and also the Dark Lord's new appearance.

Spoiler

07uegy18sll61.jpg

Also, it looks like an old foe is also back:

Spoiler

q9mjmy4msll61.png

So..

Spoiler

A Titan reborn, at least in the story. The Doom Mech at full potential.

A Baron of Hell with armour.

The Dark Lord also have grenade launchers.

The Bretayer Argent Energy Weapon it's purple now. Maybe it's Argent energy done by the Makers or Arganta people instead of Hell Energy?

I hope to see my super buddy Samuel Hayden.

Spoiler

Here is an image of the stone imp I found on the Doom subreddit:pgss9ti4kml61.jpg.abcda01f4c06a265eeb2d6b31d7e29d1.jpg

Here's also a description of the DLC I found on reddit:

rk375bdikml61.png.a51051d4fe8b709cacba29a612bf2126.png

Seems like the new big guy enemy is the armored Baron, which can be seen in the artwork. It also confirms cursed prowlers, who may be able to poison you. Also, the artwork shows what appears to be demonic maykr archangels and dragons, which may be new enemies as well. I figured this DLC was gonna be bigger than the first part, but I was not expecting it to be this big.

The description of the Hammer makes it seem like a blood punch...i hope that they don't just replace blood punch with the Hammer. Would be quite disappointing. Would be awesome if the Hammer produced a front facing, longer range shockwave while keeping the blood punch circular radius shockwave in tact. Would be awesome!

I think this is the source https://store.bethesda.net/store/bethesda/en_IE/pd/productID.5491641400/

It's gone now

That piece of artwork looks cool, even if "over promising".

I hope those Hell dragons and space ships (one with tentacles and another shaped like a cross) get to be enemies, even if they're mostly just background props moving around, fighting the Sentinel.

Then there's that one overing object near the Titan's head.

We get to see what seems to be a gray Imp or Prowler and an armored Baron.

No sight or Screecher or Chaingunners it seems.

The red armored guy with the crucible is possibly, a well armored Dark Lord, potentially being the "evil Doomguy" that the Marauder wasn't. (they missed an opportunity to make his helmet resemble the Doomguy helmet)

Doomguy's hammer looks like the Betrayer's, whose hammer is now purple.

Mechs and titans being there makes me wonder if they can be more special than just background props.

A lot of this expansion on the armies makes me wish for a sandbox and/or horde mode, just to explore them gameplay-wise.

Poison Prowlers could have a new mechanic, which makes me happy.

Chaingunners seem to be reusing the shotgunner's shield mechanics (possibly from a last resort choice because i don't see this being well planned) and their black helmet armor looks cool, even if it reminds me of that one Realm667 chaingunner variant)

Stone imps seem to be recolored Imps, unless their blood and injuries have visual differences.

The armored Baron looks kinda cool but i can barely see them.

Maybe the rest of the Maykr enemies we see are corrupted by Hell, hence the look.

As for levels.

This green/red area seems to be Immora and look like a fusion of Hell and Maykr designs.

The Earth level looks reminscent of Plutonia's aesthetic and the cancelled Doom 4. It could either be Eternal's Earth after the invasion, classic Doomguy's Earth somehow or even a different one. I just think more Earth can't be a bad thing.

That Sentinel place seems to be the World Spear, specially if you pay attention to the background.

This makes the flying creatures near the Sentinel soldiers more relevant if they're the Wraiths.

edit: alt source for screenshots https://imgur.com/a/Kbil1JP

I like the screenshots from https://imgur.com/a/Kbil1JP, but I dislike the artwork. It looks more like Overwatch and less than Doom 2016 or Doom Eternal.

Some story hints can be taken from the artwork

Spoiler

The Betrayer now supports the Doomslayer also in battle and gives the Slayer his hammer.

The Titans join team hell, the Maykrs still fight for hell too.

The Dark Lord gets the demonic Crucible.

If it's an utility weapon, I suspect the hammer could be used to take off parts of the armored baron of hell amongst other things and perhaps dismantle the Dark Lord of his armor too!

According to SteamDB, "The Dark Lord" is a separate level from Immora. Probably a boss level like Sentinel Prime.

R1YZPHE.png

The main wallpaper looks really fantastic. I presume the large red mech is the Dark Lord because of the Slayer's mark at its center. Interestingly, the Argent weapon doesn't appear to be the demonic Crucible - the hilt is different.

On the Slayer's side, we see Valen with a purple Argent hammer - rather than the red one he has in the campaign. Either he gives the Slayer his own hammer (hence why the Slayer's is red) or perhaps he combines his own with Wraith energy (red + blue = purple). Among the spaceships in the air, we do see the return of the concept art dragons but in a purple-white color.

On the demons' side, we see the Armored Barons (blue), demonic dragon counterparts, and what appears to be the Maykr Archangels from Urdak's background environment. Hell seems to have a really large spaceship on their side at the upper right, with tentacles coming out of it. The concept reminds me of the Cultist Base spaceship concept art ("Blood Harvester") that mentioned "tentacle launch ports", though that design is much different.

---

I like how serene The World Spear looks. Definitely a different aesthetic from Exultia / Taras Nabad, which is nice. The Reclaimed Earth shot reminds me of the canceled Doom 4.0 project in a way, perhaps because the design seems less "abstract" and more grounded compared to other Earthly locations in the base campaign. Immora appears a lot more high-tech than I thought and it also shares the green fog from The Blood Swamps - which makes sense since they are both from the ancient parts of Jekkad. I wonder if the structures was designed with the help of the Maykrs - it doesn't seem to share any architecture that has previously been seen in Hell and it is surprisingly clean-looking and high-tech. I had originally imagined it be something like a black pit of Hell, although maybe they figured that visual was already shared to an extent with Nekravol and they wanted something unique.

The Chaingunners' yellow shield is a different color from the Soldier's and Carcass' blue shields. Perhaps they will not be breakable with the Plasma Rifle? Would be an interesting way to keep them "annoying" like the Possessed Security were from Doom 2016, especially if they have more health than standard Soldiers. It appears one of them is shooting an orange projectile, suggesting they won't be hitscan - this also makes sense because they've opted out of hitscan for the newer Doom titles.

The Stone Imps aren't as rocky as I thought they might be, they kind of just look like a recolor. However, they appear to be much larger than regular Imps. We now know the spinning attack is referring to the Stone Imp themselves (and not their fireballs). They do seem to be capable of throwing fireballs though.

---

You can still access the DLC 2 store page from here: https://web.archive.org/web/20210307150203/https://store.bethesda.net/store/bethesda/en_US/pd/productID.5491641400/

Here's a transcript of its descriptions in text format to reference later:

The Ancient Gods – Part Two is the epic conclusion to the DOOM Slayer’s Saga and the second campaign expansion to the critically acclaimed DOOM Eternal.

You denied the gods and awoke an ancient evil. Now rally the scattered Sentinel armies, lay siege to the last bastion of Hell, break through the fortress walls, and face the Dark Lord himself. The soul of the universe hangs in the balance.

EXPERIENCE THE END OF THE SLAYER’S SAGA 

Experience the epic conclusion to the DOOM Slayer’s saga. From the moment you were activated by Samuel Hayden at the UAC facility on Mars to the destruction of the Icon of Sin, all your battles have led to this. Prepare to siege Immora, the last bastion of the dark realm, challenge the Dark Lord in combat, and seal the demons within Hell for good. 

FIGHT ACROSS EPIC BATTLEFIELDS 

From the ruins of ancient Sentinel settlements and the cosmic wonders of the World Spear, to a devastated and overgrown city on Earth hiding a mysterious gateway, face Hell’s armies in never-before-seen locations as you fight your way to Immora, the last bastion of the Dark Lord protected by towering walls and powered by advanced technology. 

FACE CHALLENGING ENEMY VARIANTS 

Face new, deadly variants of demons. The Armored Baron wears special armor and uses a charged fist attack. The Stone Imp possesses a nearly impenetrable hide and prefers close combat. The Screecher is a zombie that empowers nearby demons when killed. The Cursed Prowler is a mutation with venomous, cursed claws. Exploit their weaknesses to destroy them. 

WIELD THE SENTINEL HAMMER 

Deliver more destruction with the Sentinel Hammer, an ancient weapon capable of stopping any demons caught within its shockwave. Use it to stun demons or combine it with the Ice Bomb or Flame Belch to extract much-needed health or armor. 

*The Year One Pass includes two campaign expansions: The Ancient Gods -- Part One and The Ancient Gods -- Part Two. 

The description confirms that the "end of the arc" mentioned by Hugo previously was referring to the "Doom Slayer saga" and not the 2016 story itself as was thought. Although it could still be referring to the 2016 arc though considering it's definition of the beginning is the awakening on the UAC base on Mars (from 2016) and not Doomguy's original encounters on Phobos (or not even the creation of the Slayer on Argent D'Nur). Interestingly, it mentions "the soul" of the universe is in danger. Not sure if the soul of the universe is going to be a proper thing in the lore or if it's just fancy wording to sound dramatic for the end-of-the-world level danger.

It also appears DLC 2 will focus on introducing enemy variants rather than new enemies. The demonic dragons and Maykr Archangels in the background of the wallpaper has me hopeful they'll be enemies but it's possible they could just be animations for in the background. We are already at five enemies after all: Screechers, Chaingunners, Stone Imps, Cursed Prowlers, and Armored Barons - and DLC 1 also had five enemies: Turrets, Giant Tentacles, Spectre Whiplashes, Spirits, and Blood Maykrs. The Armored Baron is seen in the wallpaper, I'm curious to see how it plays differently in the game. We still haven't seen the Cursed Prowler yet in either the wallpaper or promotional screenshots but its "venomous" description seems to imply a damage-over-time effect. The end of the monsters paragraph mentions exploiting weaknesses to defeat them - not sure if that means each demon will have a "counter" like Stone Imps and Full Auto.

The Sentinel Hammer seems to use a shockwave attack and stuns enemies. Hugo has said that the new weapon will be capable of one-shotting the Marauder if used skillfully - I wonder if that means the Sentinel Hammer will leave the Marauder faltered long enough for the one-shot or if the Hammer itself does enough damage to kill him instantly if you use it at the right time.

---

PC requirements also posted from the above link:

MINIMUM:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

Processor: Intel Core i5 @ 3.3 GHz or better, or AMD Ryzen 3 @ 3.1 GHz or better

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4GB), GTX 1060 (3GB), GTX 1650 (4GB) or AMD Radeon R9 280(3GB), AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB), RX 470 (4GB)

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Storage: 50 GB available space

Additional Notes: ( 1080p / 60 FPS / Low Quality Settings )

RECOMMENDED:

Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700K or better, or AMD Ryzen 7 1800X or better

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB), NVIDIA GeForce 970 (4GB), AMD RX 480 (8GB)

Network: Broadband Internet connection

Storage: 50 GB available space

Additional Notes: ( 1080p / 60 FPS / High Quality Settings ) - *On NVIDIA GTX 970 cards Texture Quality should be set to Medium

---

3 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

So a teaser trailer is coming on the 15th

Nice to have confirmation on when we get a first look. However, I figured at this point they would've just opted for an official trailer release based on the timing of the age rating classification and Steam achievements uploads. A teaser trailer would imply DLC 2 may be further away than was thought. Alternatively, maybe they're just doing a teaser trailer with no plans for an official trailer for a quicker drop by March 20th - but that seems unlikely from a marketing perspective. At the least, I expect a release date to be attached to the end of the teaser.

I had made a Reddit comment recently about March 16th seeming like a possible release date candidate - based on Hugo's livestreams "taking a break" for a week after the 11th, DLC 1 and SGN ML being released on Tuesdays, the timing of the age rating classifications (about a standard month's gap of time) and Steam achievements uploads, and still being within the "year one" of the year one pass. However, March 16th seems much less likely now because of the teaser drop on March 15th. However, considering how close-to-the-chest they've been treating DLC 2 compared to DLC 1, a sooner-than-expected drop isn't entirely out of the question either. If it isn't March 16th though but they keep to the Tuesday release schedules, the other ones left this month are March 23rd and March 30th.

Edited by AtimZarr1

1 hour ago, AtimZarr1 said:

The Sentinel Hammer seems to use a shockwave attack and stuns enemies. Hugo has said that the new weapon will be capable of one-shotting the Marauder if used skillfully - I wonder if that means the Sentinel Hammer will leave the Marauder faltered long enough for a one-shot or if the Hammer itself does enough damage to kill him if you use it at the right time.

Do you think the Hammer will replace blood punch? Or will the Hammer shockwave be different than the blood punch shockwave?  Just seems redundant. I hope the Hammer shoots a shockwave out in front at a decently long distance. That would still leave a place for blood punch's radial AOE

8 hours ago, whatup876 said:

The red armored guy with the crucible is possibly, a well armored Dark Lord, potentially being the "evil Doomguy" that the Marauder wasn't. (they missed an opportunity to make his helmet resemble the Doomguy helmet)

To be honest, i really like that's helmet as it's looks like a satan with their horns and mega armour

5 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:
Spoiler

Nice to have confirmation on when we get a first look. However, I figured at this point they would've just opted for an official trailer release based on the timing of the age rating classification and Steam achievements uploads. A teaser trailer would imply DLC 2 may be further away than was thought. Alternatively, maybe they're just doing a teaser trailer with no plans for an official trailer for a quicker drop by March 20th - but that seems unlikely from a marketing perspective. At the least, I expect a release date to be attached to the end of the teaser.

I had made a Reddit comment recently about March 16th seeming like a possible release date candidate - based on Hugo's livestreams "taking a break" for a week after the 11th, DLC 1 and SGN ML being released on Tuesdays, the timing of the age rating classifications (about a standard month's gap of time) and Steam achievements uploads, and still being within the "year one" of the year one pass. However, March 16th seems much less likely now because of the teaser drop on March 15th. However, considering how close-to-the-chest they've been treating DLC 2 compared to DLC 1, a sooner-than-expected drop isn't entirely out of the question either. If it isn't March 16th though but they keep to the Tuesday release schedules, the other ones left this month are March 23rd and March 30th.

So you think they'll take the L on the legal side of the Deluxe Edition terms - releasing 2 DLCs within 1 year of release - by NOT releasing on / before March 20th? Interesting. I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on the internet... but what are the legal ramifications of them missing that date? I read at one point that there are financial penalties for them not releasing on time.

Also, I'm looking at Bethesda's Own Words of 

INCLUDED IN THE DOOM ETERNAL COLLECTOR’S EDITION:

A Deluxe Edition copy of DOOM Eternal in an exclusive Steelbook case custom designed by graphic designer and illustrator Gabz in collaboration with Mondo.

The DOOM Eternal Deluxe Edition includes:

DOOM Eternal Year One Pass, granting access to two single-player Campaign expansions, set to release within one year of DOOM Eternal’s launch

Says that it'll be released within 1 year of Doom Eternal's launch for Deluxe Edition and CE (containing Deluxe Edition).

TBH, I think they're going to launch the DLC on Friday March 19th. 1 year minus 1 day for legal reasons, it'll be the same day of the week that Eternal launched in 2020, AND it gives players the weekend to play the new DLC. 

Perhaps you're right and they'll release it on the 23rd or 30th to go with their Tuesday release schedule, with them taking a small L on not making the release on time. I wonder how it'll all play out.

One other reason why I think it'll be the 19th is, again, the 1 year pass that they mention. CE/DE owners began their 1 year pass on March 20, 2020. If they DON'T release it by March 20th, then people's 1 year pass expires. Would they still be eligible for DLC2 after the expiration of their 1 year pass, or how does that work? Is it just that anyone who had a 1 year pass, at any point, has a code on their account which makes them eligible for the DLC, even if it's past that 1 year?

Edited by Rytrik