Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr1

The Ancient Gods 2 - Trailers, Leaks, and New Info

EDIT: Apparently the leaked music track was fake and was removed from Cynic the Original's Discord.

Edited by AtimZarr1

Trailer out. DLC 2 releases tomorrow. Original Bethesda video link - age restricted.

---

Notes:

* The Dark Lord: "You bring violence and war to thwart the Dark Realm. Stand in ??sight??, Slayer. The time has come for a reckoning. You will not stop my vengeance." I presume the vengeance is referring to his anger against The Father.

* Evil Night Sentinels have The Reaper gun from 2016's Multiplayer. Hopefully we get to fight them. Interestingly, they don't show the Chaingunners in this trailer.

* The Father: "This is the Torch of Kings. All who see this light will know what your mission is here. There are few who can complete this challenge. He is worthy.". Nice to see The Father return. "He is worthy" seems to suggest he's talking to someone else. Not sure who it could be, maybe Samur.

* Ghost version of Valen gives the Slayer the Sentinel Hammer, called the Hellbreaker. Strangely, Valen re-appears later during the invasion on Immora. Not sure what this means, some possibilities - (1) Valen is dead but comes back, (2) Valen is appearing through a projection, (3) this is someone else who looks like Valen.

* Destroying an Armored Baron's armor reveals a regular Baron underneath. It seems shooting their charged fist right before they attack destroys the armor.

* Cursed Prowlers are green.

* Glowing/holographic Seraphs in a place where the Slayer is present. Maybe in the Dark Lord's lair?

Edited by AtimZarr1 : Bethesda videos were age-restricted, so I edited them out for IGN's. The original Bethesda video is still linked in both this post and the OP.

Fuck that looks good. It's a shame that the promotion for this DLC feels so rushed, because otherwise it's perfect.

Ok, so in my opinion now for the trailers.

Spoiler
  • The Dark Lord feels more like if he slaved all the Demons in his power, forcing them to rank up to at least be able to gift them weapons and armour (like the blue baron), the others soldiers looks like Argenta People that are with him like in the Civil war that happened when the Slayer come trough the Divinity Machine, in a sense, it's the contrary of the Slayer in that aspect.
  • Other level in Exeltia, the Slayer it's not still hated there for broke their pact.
  • When the battle with the Dark Lord, you can see others holograms or spectres in the background, big enougth to be Khan Maykers, may be their kind also be involved on this?
  • PLEASE LET ME USE MECHA.

I didn't even notice those guys in red armour. Are they going to be a new enemy?

Honestly my biggest worry is that it's not hard enough. Josh said in one of Hugo's streams that when he playtested it he thought it needed more challenge. I'm hoping it's at least as hard as TAG 1. Hugo also said the pacing is better, and I'm gonna assume he meant there is more downtime. I liked the nonstop action of TAG 1, so I'm a little bummed that TAG 2 won't be the same.

So something interesting I found is that the soldiers with reapers appear to using a model from an armor called "catalyst" that was present in 2016's multiplayer:

ezgif-6-85710dacb119.jpg.0060c49ae45c8e7881a43761c2802e0c.jpg

This armor was part of the robotic series of skins, which makes me think that soldiers might actually be hell robots constructed in Immora.

22 minutes ago, NoXion said:

I didn't even notice those guys in red armour. Are they going to be a new enemy?

Assuming so, since they appear next to other enemies in a scene that does not seem like a trailer.

If the place is called Immora, does that mean anything from that place is called Immoral? Groan-worthy pun if so...

44 minutes ago, Arbys550 said:

Honestly my biggest worry is that it's not hard enough. Josh said in one of Hugo's streams that when he playtested it he thought it needed more challenge. I'm hoping it's at least as hard as TAG 1. 

with people complaining about it being "to hard", I'm guessing they are caving to the pressure and lowered the difficulty.

Degenerative shit. Makes my eyes bleeding from pain. Doom is less Doom than ever was. Fuck this.

Im already sensing some of the dormant accounts to wake up tomorrow when the DLC releases.

expecting the "DLC 2 proves doom is ruined forever" threads within the next month

13 minutes ago, qdash said:

Degenerative shit. Makes my eyes bleeding from pain. Doom is less Doom than ever was. Fuck this.

You once unironically compared Doom Eternal to Fallout 76. On that basis alone, nobody should pay your opinion any heed.

2 hours ago, jamondemarnatural said:

I don't find the video in Youtube, but full trailer in Twitter.

It's on Xbox's Youtube channel, as of the time of my posting this comment.

Epic trailer. Glad to see that they made the 1 year timeframe. Gonna be such an awesome DLC. Can't wait to play it.

Also... "TOMORROW" has to be the most badass 'release date in a video' ever. Seriously badass.

Edited by Rytrik

1 hour ago, jazzmaster9 said:

with people complaining about it being "to hard", I'm guessing they are caving to the pressure and lowered the difficulty.

They already sayed that they will brind down a little the Part 1 too, so they may change it tomorrow. Hopefully Nigthmare stay with the changes.

28 minutes ago, Robot_Joe said:

what even is doom anymore. lol

In Doom, you kill Demons, the enemy are the demons and the Demon lord.

Giant mechs are just background decoration in Doom Eternal, though. It's not like Id is trying to turn Doom into a mech combat game.

Dunno what an asgardian is, I assume some Marvel thing? I've not seen any of the movies.

I'm seriously curious about how the Hammer is going to work. I'm assuming it won't be a one-hit kill Crucible replacement, as that would be a bit pointless. I can't help but think it figures into the player's jumping somehow, or some other traversal mechanic that is going to legitimately affect the gameplay, judging by what Hugo has said on stream.

My reservations about the Warhammer 40k aesthetic aside, I'm absolutely hyped! The music is spot on, and it does look like we're in for a larger scale war than we've ever seen in an official Doom release. Pessimist in me says they'll pull another Crucible sword on us (tease something that ends up stopping short of what's teased), but maybe....

Going by the trailer, I have a suspicion that we're not going to ride the Atlan, but may well ride the dragon, at least in a cutscene.  Re-watched it. You do ride the dragon. 

....still wish I could have my sword though :P .

Edited by Taurus Daggerknight

Also....

The Dark Lord himself – that encounter – I think is our best fight. Taking him on is going to feel like a PvP match. We've done some things with his ability to take and regain health just like you can. It makes you feel like you are fighting another player. He'll have the same abilities you have.

....possible hint of proper marine-on-marine pvp multiplayer? Maybe? One can dream...

1 hour ago, Robot_Joe said:

what even is doom anymore. lol

I feel you. Not that the game does not look like fun, but damn, do I miss the simplicity and (now) low-key charm of the original Doom.

I blame Marvel movies.

24 minutes ago, Hunting4r2d2 said:

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/03/17/new-details-on-the-slayers-final-days-in-doom-eternal-the-ancient-gods

Here's a game informer interview that gives some details on the DLC, including how the hammer works, as well as some insights into the Dark Lord fight.

It multiplies and enhances your ability to extract resources from enemies. It's another way to get ammo. It's also a way to say "everyone get away from me" or "chill out" because they all wobble. If you throw an ice bomb and then do the hammer, you multiply the number of resources that come out of the enemy. The hammer encourages combos. In one killing blow against a Hell Knight, if you combine your tools, you can replenish nearly all of your ammo.

As we say, we always want to keep people in the fun zone, so basically it's a reward for doing cool things. You charge it by shooting weak points and doing glory kills. I didn't want it to be a power meter. 

I like that. Gives ammo, falters, & more. Charged by glory kills and shooting weak points. Really interesting..

I wonder if you get ammo from all hammer hits or only through killing blows.

4 hours ago, Rytrik said:

I wonder if you get ammo from all hammer hits or only through killing blows.

Hopefully in killing blows, as if it's work in combos,  that's may be the incentive.

4 minutes ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Hopefully in killing blows, as if it's work in combos,  that's may be the incentive.

Perhaps. Then the next question is - all killing blows, or only killing blows of demons at a certain power level? If it's the former... this is going to be a wicked tool vs groups of fodder. Freeze, belch, hammer. Everything is replenished.

Tomorrow :)