• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr1

The Ancient Gods 2 - Trailers, Leaks, and New Info

I know I'm probably alone on this but man I really wish doom stayed simple. lol

They really wanted that MCU style universe and conclusion though huh

Thank you for the Teaser.

I really loved the Main Game (also on UV).

I was really disappointed by the first DLC.

This Teaser looks good, i hope it will be more fun than the first Part.

Btw. the Bady looks like a Kido :>

Lmao is this DOOM? The Dark Lord doesn’t look threatening in that suit at all, he looks a bit silly. I’d have been more terrified if he was just wearing shorts

Hugo and his damn mechs.... 

4 minutes ago, thewormofautumn said:

Lmao is this DOOM? The Dark Lord doesn’t look threatening in that suit at all, he looks a bit silly. 

I also wonder why he has to wear so much armor. Is he frightened? Maybe the Slayer wins against him in the beginning of TAG 2?

45 minutes ago, thewormofautumn said:

Lmao is this DOOM? The Dark Lord doesn’t look threatening in that suit at all, he looks a bit silly. I’d have been more terrified if he was just wearing shorts

Leaked screenshot of the Dark Lord

TAG2 Dark Lord ss.jpg

50 minutes ago, igg said:

I also wonder why he has to wear so much armor. Is he frightened? Maybe the Slayer wins against him in the beginning of TAG 2?

Don't mind the presence of armor in the first place, but...I will agree that it looks off in general. Specifically that it looks more like some Khrorn marine than anything out of Doom or even Quake. 

I don't like the dark lords Warhammer armor either but it is not as bad as some people say. I actually think it's a smart approach on the goat/horn/devil imagery we know from medieval paintings.

I would be disappointed to fight a dark lord who looks like an average human. Since we had already a giant demon boss fight (IoS) id had to try something different and I think it is OK. 

What actually is a little disappointing is the overall art direction went from horror/gritty to science fiction. Just compare TAG 2s wallpaper with Doom 2016s visuals. Totally different. It looks like id Software prefered the Urdak/Sentinel Prime/Tara's Nabad style and dropped terrifying approaches like Necropolis, Hell on Earth and Nekravol. 

Is the Doom franchise turning into a real-time strategy game now?

And yeah, The Dark One looks so silly in that Warhammer 40K Space Marine armor. If all the game was just as cartoony and goofy, then I would not mind, but it is difficult to take him seriously as the main antagonist - especially considering his non-involvement in the plot so far and the fact that Doomguy had to go out of his way to revive him. It reminds me of Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, only without the excuse of having to undo a curse.

4 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

And yeah, The Dark One looks so silly in that Warhammer 40K Space Marine armor. If all the game was as cartoony and goofy,

What kind of look would you prefer? Ever since the reveal at the end of TAG 1 I was wondering how he will look and fight in game. Since he has the same height as the Slayer he would look pretty small compared to other demons. 

Doom Eternal has been criticized for being goofy and cartoony from the very beginning, so I assume it kind of fits, although I prefer the darker and more realistic approach of Doom 2016. 

They should have given him a goatee so you really know he's your evil counterpart

but I don't think anything can fix how stupid his little head poking out of the hulk buster looks

22 minutes ago, igg said:

What kind of look would you prefer? Ever since the reveal at the end of TAG 1 I was wondering how he will look and fight in game. 

Doom Eternal has been criticized for being goofy and cartoony from the very beginning, so I assume it kind of fits, although I prefer the darker and more realistic approach of Doom 2016. 

To be honest, I would have never made the Dark Lord to be an evil Doomguy in the first place. 

Aside from turning him into an even bullet-spongier Marauder, I just do not really see how a proper boss fight with him could work. In comparison, the giant size of a Cyberdemon, a Spider Mastermind or an Icon of Sin justifies their resilience and makes the fight feel epic in scope. But here, with his bulky red armor, the Dark Lord does not look like he should be deadlier or tougher than any of the non-boss enemies you have encountered.

Edited by Rudolph

I feel like a way to make a Satan work in Doom is if he's seen as more of a "concept" than a character.

Like, his boss fight could have been a weird puzzle level with a crazy/abstract/even horror aesthetic and the gameplay being some level shape shifting somehow.

Something that could be hard to pull off in an FPS, even one that can't do weird stuff in a game like Prey 2007.

To me, Dark Lord's armor being just bulkier and big seems to be on pair with how a lot of demons share a certain chittin aesthetic or their explained origins (like UAC creations, for example), that makes you think a certain level of "weirdness" is missing.

Even Nekravol or Kadingir Sanctum don't have some of the things you'd see in a classic Doom Hell level, whether it's certain textures/props or how they're used.

The comparisons to Darksiders, WoW, WH40K etc are overdone but sometimes, i wonder how would people react if Doom tried to be on pair with Shin Megami Tensei.

Some say "Doom is supposedly to be silly" but it's also supposed to be cool, so some of the things we're seeing may be a result of trends and the AAA status of the game. (same for the FOMO "live" aspect of cosmetics that could affect the game's actual preservation)

DL's design also feels like a contrast to the Marauder's armor being less practical and seemingly useless. (despite being one of the toughest enemies)

I also thought a more blatant "evil Doomguy" (as in, even using the same iconic armor but red and with horns and pentagram) could have been a "fake deathmatch player" implied to be Doomguy's boss from the classic Doom 1 manual.

The idea of Hell creating an evil Doomguy as a "that's it" sort of answer doesn't seem like a bad idea.

The face could be another debate, consider how people imagined Doomguy's face in HD for years even before the one in QC.

I also thought that the Icon of Sin could have been Satan but in a vague/unconfirmed way, while his body could have been weirder (like a floating upper half with multiple limps, some blackhole/tornado beneath, some weird structures and additions to his body) and story-wise, he could have been the main villain, directly shittalking Doomguy and using others like the Khan Maykr for his own plans.

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

Aside from turning him into an even bullet-spongier Marauder

1 hour ago, Robot_Joe said:

but I don't think anything can fix how stupid his little head poking out of the hulk buster looks

1 hour ago, igg said:

Doom Eternal has been criticized for being goofy and cartoony from the very beginning

12 hours ago, Doom64hunter said:

Evil Doomguy in his big armor looks so dumb.

Yes, Doom has turned into silly souls-like warhammer 40k first person platformer that is because Hugo likes mechs, bloodborne and warhammer 40k. This is Doom now. Deal with it.

49 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

Some say "Doom is supposedly to be silly" but it's also supposed to be cool, so some of the things we're seeing may be a result of trends and the AAA status of the game. (same for the FOMO "live" aspect of cosmetics that could affect the game's actual preservation)

I would have liked the Dark Lord in a mech-suit as the first real boss encountered in Classic Doom; it would have made for a nice thematic transition between Wolfenstein 3D - with Mecha-Hitler being the game's final boss - and Doom's Cyberdemon. Heck, had Doom Eternal been actually as silly and goofy as the original Doom, it could have very well made the Dark Lord to be Mecha-Hitler - complete with a remix of "The Ultimate Challenge"!

Can you imagine just how gloriously hilarious that would have been?

Unfortunately, such playful silliness mostly went away when Id stopped doing things like modeling the arsenal after nerf guns. Sure, you still have the Doom dolls and other easter eggs, but I wish this could have been part of the main game, not just some cute hidden bonuses.

Edited by Rudolph

Maybe if the dark lord used this hair style, maybe the classic fans would be happy.
 image.png.a6f3fed8ab65e1c3b16de71affa9f138.png

For me, im really happy for how's going stuff in the Trailer.

56 minutes ago, jamondemarnatural said:

Maybe if the dark lord used this hair style, maybe the classic fans would be happy.

And taunted the player with a certain infamous taunt?

1 hour ago, jamondemarnatural said:

image.png.a6f3fed8ab65e1c3b16de71affa9f138.png

For me, im really happy for how's going stuff in the Trailer.

They really should have kept the Face hidden and when you kill beat him, it is Romero lol.

7 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

I would die if the Trailer would say:" The Dark Lord will make you his Bitch!".

21 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

!nitram oguh ,em llik tsum uoy ,emag eht niw oT¡

41 minutes ago, jamondemarnatural said:

!nitram oguh ,em llik tsum uoy ,emag eht niw oT¡

I was more thinking about "The Dark Lord's About To Make You His Bitch. Suck It Down!"

EDIT: @Azuris got it first.