Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azuris

Freedoom - Name change to Freiraum on Android

I am just curious, does somebody know why Freedoom on Android is called Freiraum (Free Room/Space in German) after the Download?

Screenshot_20210306-152523.png.f644b89043a933fffd71aed9b50d1d60.png

Yep,

i've tested it and reloaded it.
Has to be something with the language Settings of your Phone, as your is in english and mine in german.

Maybe it was somehow translated in a bad way?
Free is Frei in German, but Raum is Room/Space. So from Doom to Room it is only one Letter and we have Free Room... :>

Huh, haven't checked that out. Although my speculation is that the developer of this Freedoom App is likely avoiding copyright issues with the DOOM name or something.

Maybe it's something related to German laws? I think Doom wasn't allowed in Germany for a while because of censorship laws.

Haha, I'm the publisher of the "Freedoom" Android app.

I can totally confirm 100% that this is just because I botched an automatic translation of the app's strings.

If you're interested in contributing or improving this app's translations, please check out this link:

https://www.transifex.com/krupczakorg/freedoom-gzdoom/settings/

It really does help, it's hard for me to localize into different languages without user feedback

As a side note, do to some difficulties with my dev environment, I will likely be unable to integrate future changes with the Play store release and will only be able to add them to the open source distributions (e.g. F-Droid)