Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reelvonic

catacomb3d in doom

what would be your thoughts on seeing a rebuild or remake of catacomb 3d in the doom engine?

plus it wouldnt have the horrendous controls that i had to play the original with and the fucking walls WONT STOP YOU WITH THERE EXTREME FRICTION CRAP

Seems like a cool idea. My favorite part would be that the annoying sound effects would be gone. I know it came out in 1991, but that crap melts my ear drums.

I suggest rereations of Catacombs Abyss, Curse of the Catacombs and Terror of the Catacombs.

Each one being a seperate TC hack.

We haven't had an idea thread in a while; no screenshots or proof of concepts, just an idea.

A straight remake would probably be boring given the limited mechanics, even with Doom style architecture. If it had it's own story with more spells and reworked sprites with full rotations, varied behavior of enemies across the Catacomb 3D trilogy (i.e: Wretched Pox actually exploding in death and spreading clouds of miasma, Walking Tanks firing a volley of rockets and Death Squads acting like chaingunners) and also a powerful and challenging incarnation of Nemesis. That would be awesome.

34 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

...and also a powerful and challenging incarnation of Nemesis. That would be awesome.

What? No more freezing time and spamming 50 of the z-missiles I never used right in his face and killing him instantly? Where's the fun in that?

On 3/16/2021 at 11:10 PM, Solmyr said:

A straight remake would probably be boring given the limited mechanics, even with Doom style architecture. If it had it's own story with more spells and reworked sprites with full rotations, varied behavior of enemies across the Catacomb 3D trilogy (i.e: Wretched Pox actually exploding in death and spreading clouds of miasma, Walking Tanks firing a volley of rockets and Death Squads acting like chaingunners) and also a powerful and challenging incarnation of Nemesis. That would be awesome.

thats what im going for

Posted (edited)

I've actually got an old Catacomb TC I created and almost completed, on Doomsday Heretic more than a decade ago, with only the occasional tweak since then. But it's probably too basic by todays standards.

CatacombTC.zip

Edited by Vermil

7 hours ago, Vermil said:

I've actually got an old Catacomb TC I created and almost completed, on Doomsday Heretic more than a decade ago, with only the occasional tweak since then. But it's probably too basic by todays standards.

CatacombTC.zip

mind if i use some textures?

I guess, as the wall textures are just from the original games.

The new  sprites were made by Doom Jedi.