Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
00_Zombie_00

ESTIX Doom in 2d (cancelled)

Great stuff, as usual! Minidoom comes to mind, but this have the original flavour!

I struggled with the controls at 1st, had to play for a bit until I got used to it.

I would play  more of these for sure, is like combining a good old platformin NES game with our beloved Doom.

The archvile fight gave me that "old school hardcore boss fight" feel, so satisfying to beat.

Hope to see more buddy!

Heres a little vid:

Tested with GZDoom and LZDoom on Redmi Note 8 (Delta Touch). Works without any issue. I don't even have any problem with the aiming trouble you mentioned before. Good stuff, btw. 

Greetings, quite the interesting mod you have here. I noticed while browsing through the PK3 that you reference all the different 'marine holding weapon xyz' sprites and where they came from however, they are not included in the pk3 itself. It is a bit tricky to tell what weapon you have equipped at the moment due to this.

Otherwise I think you have something of promise here, do you think in the future you might open up the mod for people to make their own custom maps for separately?

9 minutes ago, Jark said:

do you think in the future you might open up the mod for people to make their own custom maps for separately?

Exactly what i was thinking too, i'd love to make something for this mod.

2 hours ago, Jark said:

I noticed while browsing through the PK3 that you reference all the different 'marine holding weapon xyz' sprites and where they came from however, they are not included in the pk3 itself. It is a bit tricky to tell what weapon you have equipped at the moment due to this.

Sorry, that's totally my bad. At first I thought about including vwep.wad (Third person weapons sprites mod for Zandronum/Skulltag) inside the .pk3 itself. But then we realized it was a bad idea for multiple reasons (one of them that it's better to not include things that are not ours inside a .pk3) but the main was the following one: It would break compatibility with mods that uses custom player classes.
I'll fix those credits problems at the .pk3, thanks.

Nonethelss I will recommend to play this mod using vwep.wad for a better experience.

Good point about breaking mod compatibility.

If you do wish to make more maps in the future or have other people make maps with this mod, is there any possibility on live time changing the camera settings, which I notice are hardcoded currently - being able to change the camera rotation/placement mid map would be a game changer. Although I understand if this would not be possible, especially with co-op compatibility.

8 hours ago, Jark said:

Greetings, quite the interesting mod you have here. I noticed while browsing through the PK3 that you reference all the different 'marine holding weapon xyz' sprites and where they came from however, they are not included in the pk3 itself. It is a bit tricky to tell what weapon you have equipped at the moment due to this.

Otherwise I think you have something of promise here, do you think in the future you might open up the mod for people to make their own custom maps for separately?

Anyone can create their maps for this mod. For the camera trick to work, they should use the map that is already made as a reference

Pretty cool! I was wondering if anyone knew how to aim at enemies on the side like the Manicubus near the end and also shimmy so you can hit that nearby switch (assuming it's a switch that is). Is that a case where you're literally supposed to use the turn keys? I always just use strafe to move around and never really need to turn on a dime like that.

23 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

Pretty cool! I was wondering if anyone knew how to aim at enemies on the side like the Manicubus near the end and also shimmy so you can hit that nearby switch (assuming it's a switch that is). Is that a case where you're literally supposed to use the turn keys? I always just use strafe to move around and never really need to turn on a dime like that.

to kill the mancubus, you must use the button you assigned to "look up". after killing the mancubus you can continue to the next area.

image.png.1f1b36db675804897a5dc5a5012dc484.png