Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buzzerb5x9x

map 1 of doom 2 but only with archviles

My only question is: why?

Why produce such minimum-effort, blatantly troll-tier content that stops being funny after 15 seconds?

And "for the lulz" isn't an acceptable answer.

Plutonia's Map11 is a lot more interesting. And I'm not sure what you did to make a vanilla map incompatible with DSDA-Doom, but cut it out.

what's with these "this map but with only this big bad enemy" I thought I heard about this sort of thing dying off years ago

It's a shame, because I could totally see a way to make a map interesting and fun with just one enemy type.

Also, I love Hunted, so it's not the selection of Archviles that makes this map a dud.

Why bother posting something so low effort? Nobody wants to play the equivalent of an among us shitpost. 

Sorry to be rude, but looking at all the topics you've created in wads & mods, it looks like they're either low-effort, belong in the wrong place or they're bad ideas. 

I'm not sure if this is even allowed to be posted here. This is pretty much the exact same map from the iwad with no changes whatsoever aside from the archviles. 

27 minutes ago, Mr Masker said:

what's with these "this map but with only this big bad enemy" I thought I heard about this sort of thing dying off years ago

Low effort trolling isn't going anywhere, don't worry

iwad is Plutonia.

This is really, really low effort, but I tried to make it work as an actual map that kind of follows the themes of MAP01, but man, that is a rough start.

Maponeish.zip

i did this cus when i was making my map i had an archvile in a cage and someone said that its evil so i made this and thought i would post it here, sorry guys

1 hour ago, thelazyqdude said:

Why bother posting something so low effort? Nobody wants to play the equivalent of an among us shitpost. 

Sorry to be rude, but looking at all the topics you've created in wads & mods, it looks like they're either low-effort, belong in the wrong place or they're bad ideas. 

im sorry all my maps are super crappy man

don't be so hard on yourself. this is a low effort shitpost, sure, but don't think you're somehow bad or anything cuz of it

and i'm sure you can make a decent map if you really try. it's hard, but once you make one good map it gets a lot easier

2 minutes ago, roadworx said:

don't be so hard on yourself. this is a low effort shitpost, sure, but don't think you're somehow bad or anything cuz of it

and i'm sure you can make a decent map if you really try. it's hard, but once you make one good map it gets a lot easier

thanks man

This shitpost has given me an idea for a community miniwad.

"Map 1 but with Archviles"

So you take a bunch of different map 1s, such as Hangar, Deimos Anomaly, Baphomet's Demesne, Entryway, Congo, Inauguration, Chasing Suns, Hollywood Holocaust, The Slipgate Complex?, BoB Omb Battlefield?!?! as your inspirational theme, and then build gameplay into the map with Archviles as the only enemy.  The objective would be not to just copy and paste the map architecture and replace every mosnter, but rather to make maps that are very clearly referencing the look, feel, and flow of the originals, while still working well with the Archvile AI.  Maps should be short and punchy and designed for pistol start, and will necessarily tend to be on the hard side of things.  The only non archviles that should be allowed are corpses for the Archies to resurrect, and even then only in specific scenarios.

What do you think?  Would that work as a wad concept?

1 hour ago, A.o.D. said:

This shitpost has given me an idea for a community miniwad.

"Map 1 but with Archviles"

So you take a bunch of different map 1s, such as Hangar, Deimos Anomaly, Baphomet's Demesne, Entryway, Congo, Inauguration, Chasing Suns, Hollywood Holocaust, The Slipgate Complex?, BoB Omb Battlefield?!?! as your inspirational theme, and then build gameplay into the map with Archviles as the only enemy.  The objective would be not to just copy and paste the map architecture and replace every mosnter, but rather to make maps that are very clearly referencing the look, feel, and flow of the originals, while still working well with the Archvile AI.  Maps should be short and punchy and designed for pistol start, and will necessarily tend to be on the hard side of things.  The only non archviles that should be allowed are corpses for the Archies to resurrect, and even then only in specific scenarios.

What do you think?  Would that work as a wad concept?

you just turned the worst post on this forum to a decent idea

9 hours ago, A.o.D. said:

The only non archviles that should be allowed are corpses for the Archies to resurrect, and even then only in specific scenarios.

Those corpses would need to have been live monsters at one point, because AVs can't resurrect decorative corpses.

1 hour ago, MFG38 said:

Those corpses would need to have been live monsters at one point, because AVs can't resurrect decorative corpses.

That can be managed with start of level explosive barrels and some machinery trickery in vanilla doom, and scripting or other chicanery in a more advanced port.

I made a pass at another map 1 (this time it's E1M1) only instead of starting with the original map and retexturing and rebalancing it (and adding a few twists) I started from scratch.  Is this an idea that's worth exploring?  I'm not sure.  Please take a look and tell me what you think.

Again, iwad is Plutonia, and it's vanilla compatible.

e1m1butarchies.zip

e1m1butarchies at 2021.03.13 10-56-05.956 [R3720].jpg