Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pompeji

Abaddon's Garrison(BETA Version, Help Wanted)

Download

While not necessary, I recommend the mods "Dead Marine" and "Nash's Gore Mod." They will enhance your experience.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210312_100654.png.d254db5a629ce89912d1a634e0e0dc3e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210312_100829.png.6a9f225dc448fe6d4e2769cc6db414c8.png

Name: Abaddon's Garrison

Map Format: Doom in Doom II Format

Ports Tested: GZDoom

IWAD: Doom 2

Map: MAP01

Music: This map uses an original MIDI track by Ivan Stanton (

@northivanastan). The MIDI has been released under the Creative Commons Zero license, which is equivalent to public domain - so do whatever you want with it. You can download the MIDI here: https://opengameart.org/content/the-ritual (assuming nobody takes that URL first) northivanastan's Bandcamp: https://ivanastan.bandcamp.com/

Textures: Credit to @Mechadon for the sky texture used!

Gameplay: Map made for Single Player.

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Multiplayer Placement: No

Build Time: Around one month.

Requirements: Probably only works in GZDoom, as it makes use of MAPINFO and I also received reports of bugs in other engines.

So here's the deal. This is my second map ever. And it's unfinished. I've been struggling with some mental health issues, and I just got a new computer and need to switch over to it so I thought it perfect to upload this map now. Truth is, I feel burnt out. I know there's texture bugs, I know there's no monsters or pickups in the very last area, and that's what this title is all about. If anybody is willing to take the rest of this map and finish it, and add some more minute details, and work with me on getting it done, I will be eternally grateful. Shoot me a DM and we can discuss it. The feedback I'm looking for is mostly on the enemy placement and difficulty. I did my best to improve from my last map, but I am not perfect. There are probably misaligned textures, and if they're noticeable enough, do tell. I plan on finishing this map in the future, if I get help. If not, I will take a break from it to work on bigger and better things.

What things you may ask? Doom 3: IDKFA edition(name subject to change). I'll be contributing a few maps to that project, and so I want to diverge my focus to those maps instead of this one. Also part of why I'd like someone to help me out and finish it up.

Give the project some love: 

Cheers, Pompeji.

I'm sad that this couldn't be finished, but I'm happy about what it is. It's a relatively short map, but with all kinds of experimentation, emblematic of a new-ish mapper testing their creativity (in a good way). This map was actually somewhat easy for the most part - my only deaths were once during the Cyberdemon fight, and a few times during the final Archvile battle (for which I saved with too little health). I can still tell it's unfinished and comes from a new mapper, but I did enjoy it.

Keep up the good work on Doom III IDKFA and any other future projects of yours! I'm glad I could contribute.

Just now, northivanastan said:

I'm sad that this couldn't be finished, but I'm happy about what it is. It's a relatively short map, but with all kinds of experimentation, emblematic of a new-ish mapper testing their creativity (in a good way). This map was actually somewhat easy for the most part - my only deaths were once during the Cyberdemon fight, and a few times during the final Archvile battle (for which I saved with too little health). I can still tell it's unfinished and comes from a new mapper, but I did enjoy it.

Keep up the good work on Doom III IDKFA and any other future projects of yours! I'm glad I could contribute.

Thank you so much for the amazing track, Ivan :) Maybe after I finish my contributions to Doom III I'll revisit this one and finish it!

Cool shit both of you, will check it out. I'm not the most confident mapper so I totally understand your frustrations. Hopefully this project we're working on is going to bring some life back into you!

Abaddon's Garrison (BETA)

Ultra-violence || GZDoom || Betterguns

Deaths → 0

Saves → none

-Map played more than 4 times

Spoiler

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-094631.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-094825.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-100310.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-100658.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-100925.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-101439.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-102102.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-102333.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-103447.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-113017.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-113249.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210314-113517.png

Hey, I wanted to tell you that your Wad can run the Zandronum, despite what you said about that it was not possible that your map could take it some port, for my fortune, Zandronum could run it without much problem.

Spoiler

Deaths → 0

Saves → none

Screenshot-Doom-20210315-095249.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210315-095552.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210315-150053.png

This place brings back strange memories of the past...

Screenshot-Doom-20210315-150128.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210315-151422.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210315-151556.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210315-151606.png

Screenshot-Doom-20210315-151611.png

A really great map, with a very considerable duration, and to be honest, I really enjoyed every damn second in this Wad, the way everything was built was very attractive to me, I really liked it, I really liked it. To see all that variety that had been placed in each room of each area, I mean, it was really spectacular to see what can be done in rooms with closed spaces and with open spaces, and the idea of adding the crushers was also good, despite I didn't really enjoy playing with the default method that Doom has regarding the freedom of the sight, here I had no problem, and the area with the cross was very interesting for me. Now playing the part of the combats, I really felt very well balanced each of these battles, none of them became unfair at any time nor did they become so easy, therefore, every demon encounter with which I was met was very enjoyable. crossed my path, from the beginning with the super shotgun and the Baron of Hell, until the end with those Pinkys and the Archvile, all really good and with a lot of detail.

Excellent work on this map that you have created, partner, I feel real sorry for you knowing what had happened to you, and when I realized that this map was incomplete and that you needed help, I would like to contribute to help you but being honest , I still have a long way to go to learn to even do something decent, anyway, I wish you good luck in finishing this map, and also in your contributions to Doom III, good luck in your life and a very good job on this Beta map.