Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FirebrandX

Expensive idea:

I got to thinking about some of my favorite Doom levels and wondered what it might be like to have a full-size replica of your favorite Doom level for paintball tournaments and such. Obviously teleportations would have to be worked around. Maybe a tube system you crawl through for replacing those.

We all have our favorite levels in the game, but which ones would be better for real life?

This would come down to a matter of size - if it was a paintball arena (for slow-paced-sneak-around-and-shoot-on-the-sly type of deathmatches) or a laser tag arena (for fast-paced-charge-around-and-shoot-anything-that-moves type deathmatches) the map would have to be small or medium sized. (unless it was one of those proper paintball campaigns that take place in huge forests)

For DooM 1, I'd say E1M4, E2M3 and E3M2.

For DooM 2, I'd say map 02, 05 and 10.

Remember: in paintball you can't disable hurt-when-falling :P I once had a paintball fight in a field that looked a bit like that dwango5 map, what's its name again (the one with the 'No Limit' MUS in it)...

johnatone thinks mebbe id should start a lasertag doom/quake arena. people would travel to play. johnatone would.

just for the record, one week/two days/three hours ago he participated in a lasertag game with his friends (unfortunatly, non doomers) and used mancubus as his codename. he was also the best.

long live the mancubi

That would be cool, as I could come along and thrash you all - if there was a British equivalent....

Oh well, guess I'll have to make do with laser tag doom/quake arenas instead. (like the laser quest map I made a while ago)

dead simple is th eonly one you could pull off, btui then again its a fantastic level

youd get tired fast on a REAL doom level

From doom 1 id say e2m2, but thatd be expensive

the painmaze from quake, also e1m1, but thatd be WAY too expensive

any of the ctf levels from any of the games including (especially) those from threewave

Dead Simple or E2M8 wouldnt be hard, those are actually pretty easy ones to make (despite the opening, lowering walls and switches that end the level or gibb you), However many other ones could make good paintball areans, greenhouse imo would, or as Pritch said Mishri Halek (AV- map20) would be neato, but costly, but well worth it if you ask me ;) There are many DM levels that could be made into eggseelent Paintball arenas, I wish someday, one would be made, thats open to the public and doesnt cost a years wage.

I’ve just released that I’ve never played paintball. I was planning to, but never got around to it. And now the local paint ball doohickey’s been shut down...
oh well.

Heh, I've been a paintballer for 12 years and damn, playing in E1M1 would be so incredible.

/me strokes warp feed autococker.....

Rellik said:

/me strokes warp feed autococker.....

... Rellik no hentai.

I haven't the first idea about paintball lingo, sorry. :P

Oh, so you want to play paintball in Chernobol Ukrane :)

Lord FlatHead said:

E2M2 ! All you'd need is approximately 100,000 wooden crates, a whole lot of green marble and a good deal of toxic sludge.

E3M1 would definetely be something to play if all the details (eyeball switch, floor made of guts, etc.) were left intact.
Human guts, now thats expensive.

Rellik said:

strokes... autococker...

I usually like to think that I'm a mature individual. Then I run across sentences like the one above and I realize the truth.

Rellik said:autococker...

ehehehehe

I know someone who was supposedly building a LEGO model of E1M1 at one point. I dont know what happened to that.