AtimZarr1

Doom Eternal's Lorebook

Thank you for uploading it.
Some really nice Pictures in there.

My Post will be nr 20000 :)

Unbenannt.PNG.291384cf80aa6e9473b13f1090a58d9a.PNG

20 minutes ago, bobbie424242 said:

Incredible !

With such intricate lore, I would not be surprised of a Doom MMORPG.

Thinking about that... That would end in Deathmatch :>

So Deathmatch confirmed for Doom Eternal because of Lore :)

Then, they shall know the true meaning of godly power. They shall see that the false gods of the light-dwellers are but parasites on the tail of the Dark One.

Hell calling the Maykrs false gods makes a lot more sense now with the context in TAG 2.

34 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

Hell calling the Maykrs false gods makes a lot more sense now with the context in TAG 2.

Another earlier passage that has a changed meaning with new lore:

---

"Some of you in a previous life may have held childish notions of God and the kingdom of heaven. This ugly representation of a spiritual nirvana was designed to control you, to placate your natural feelings of hate and rage, to subdue your realization of your place in this universe. By embracing science, you took the first steps towards freedom from these intellectual chains. By dedicating yourself to the development of Argent Energy, you cemented your place in the next age.

Now let us tell you about the real heaven.

The real kingdom of the gods is a place that you will never reach, and you should never wish to. No human will ever visit the sacred ground of Argent D'Nur, unless they are made a god by the dark lords. Humanity's only purpose, and reward, is to serve the ascension of the Imperatrix and protect the Crucible. You will be destroyed by the demons, while I will be made a god. My immortality is assured, while you will writhe in perpetual agony at the bottom of the darkest hole in Hell. You will be forgotten. Your life, your loved ones, your achievements and failures are nothing. A blank space on the canvas of time. Thank you for your service. May you rot in Hell. Olivia Pierce."

Doom 2016 Codex (VEGA Central Processing)

---

A bit interesting in hindsight considering TAG states that Hell (Jekkad) is supposed to be the "original" Heaven before Urdak. In that sense, Olivia was correct in telling us about "the real heaven." It's also plausible she came to this understanding because she was in contact with The Dark Lord during the events of Doom 2016. We could also say that the "childish notions of God" could also be retroactively hinting at the lies of The Father / Maykrs and the truth of the Dark Lord's role as the true Creator - although that might not work since Hugo has been suggesting that Davoth isn't the ultimate creator. In any case, I think this Olivia Codex about the "real Heaven" is likely a happy coincidence but it's also interesting to try to see how 2016 lore aligns with Eternal / TAG lore.

On 3/28/2021 at 6:16 PM, Azuris said:

Thinking about that... That would end in Deathmatch :>

So Deathmatch confirmed for Doom Eternal because of Lore :)

hahahaha!

wait what.