Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Earthless: Prelude - On Doom Classic Unity port and /idgames.

I love( and envy) your ability to create such detailed and fine layouts out of mostly Vanilla textures, Jimmy. I can't wait for the full release, as Deathless was an absolute joy to play.

Work looks excellent, just like I've come to expect from you Jimmy! Damn, you really need to desserve a break someday...

The absolute madman comes with a new "..less" named project.

What's next? Shameless?

1 minute ago, ReaperAA said:

The absolute madman comes with a new "..less" named project.

What's next... Shameless?

The next one is "Assless" featuring the deflated posterior of the 2016 Cyberdemon.

1 minute ago, ReaperAA said:

What's next? Shameless?

More or less i hope :)

Wow Jimmy how do you come up with so many map ideas xD

First Heartland, then Epoch and now this!? The Doom community's on fire right now!

Nice to see a spiritual succesor to Deathless for Doom 2. I enjoyed Deathless a good amount so I hope this is also good fun.

2021 is shaping to be the Doomworld's All-Star year, featuring all of our favorite authors from previous years. Keep up the good work Jimmy!

Would it actually work to summon the @sponge and say this has to be added to the Unity port at release?

You know Jimmy is just announcing this so it gets a shot at this year's Cacoward :P

(And rightfully so. Its going to be crowded at this year's awards with the metric fuckton of quality that will get released and has been released already.)

Some big shoes to fill though! Deathless has been a staple of the new generation of classic map sets, so there is a challenge to be had.

Great now I have to put off playing all the other wads in my list when this comes out. Thanks jimmy!

YES! YES! YES!

Deathless was fantastic and has since become my go-to Ultimate Doom vanilla mapset. However, I am slightly puzzled: are those six five-level episodes going to be separate like the Ultimate Doom episodes? If so, then what about the two secret levels?

@SiFi270 Nope, I definitely intend to get back to that thing as soon as I'm able. I blocked out almost everything before QuakeCon 2019 (I speedmapped it all on the flight to America no less!), so it's a long time in the making, but there hasn't been a really convenient time for me to knuckle down and properly flesh the maps out yet.

@Redneckerz The Unity port is one I'm targeting for compatibility and I've been talking with Sponge for a good while now about this exact project. Looks very likely to happen in the near future.

@Rudolph I'll still be using the same naming convention, i.e. MAP01-32, so both secret levels will be accessed via MAP15 and MAP31, as per usual.

Looking forward to this! I hope the mapping is going well, haven't stopped by the stream to save spoils. :)

I have been having a lot of fun running deathless lately in the Unity Port. E2M7 is a complete lottery for speedrunning the IL, but you should be proud of that achievement with the maps design allowing this. Hope to have this one routed and running a few days time after release, especially for unity. Best of luck! :)

@Jimmy Out of curiosity, when you talk about five-level episodes, are we talking about separate episodes as seen in Valiant and Eviternity?

Or is it just your way of referring to clusters of episodes separated by an intermission text screen?

Correct - they'll be selectable from the main menu in ports that allow for episodes to be defined in Doom 2.