Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ofisil

THEME-GAWAD PROJECT #1

40 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

1. I felt like it was a little dark, i think the theme was city level with a dark tint to it but that's just me.

I understood it as "City at Night" so I did that. It's one step lower than I usually make the outside at night. But I think it worked for the most parts. most of the important parts are highlighted as well.

41 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

2. Pistol starting was not fun at all lol. i count how many times i restarted pistol starting your map but i did it.  

There's enough rockets to fire like a maniac and fairly significant amount of health. I suppose it would take some practice to know where to go for them though.

42 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Note: i take it you like your spooky boners (revenants) too much don'tcha lol.

Indeed. To be fair, all Doom 2 exclusives except for knight are best when they are out in the open.

Ok, here's the fixed version of map 32. Now in Doom 2 format! I hope it's all good. :)

Map32.wad

Also, do level names have a character limit? Because my level replaces Grosse; that means I'm restricted to 6 letters? Or are you getting around that?

4 hours ago, Bri said:

Also, do level names have a character limit? Because my level replaces Grosse; that means I'm restricted to 6 letters? Or are you getting around that?

You can get some free by removing "level 32" plus there's always extra letters available for some reason. And actually most ports don't seem to actually have a character limit, I'm not really sure where it still applies. This is about automap name anyway.

16 hours ago, Bri said:

Ok, here's the fixed version of map 32. Now in Doom 2 format! I hope it's all good. :)

Map32.wad

What's the name of your Map btw?

It seems everything is going great here. i have played some of the maps and liked them, i can't wait for the full release of this megawad. Hope to see everyone's maps by that time. As for me well like i've said before and maybe more times then need be i'm just here checking up on the project and see how everything is going. Happy mapping guys!

22 hours ago, Bri said:

Agony Temple.

It's a brilliant slaughter, Bri!

12 hours ago, Ofisil said:

@Bri's map added to the megawad.

Cheers!

Are this map using the "Stay Away" track from E3M8: The First Portal of your Doom: Damnation megawad? Am I wrong?

Edited by RaRu Des2122

It's a great midi. Works really well with the level.

Hi guys, here is version 2 of my map. I hope you like it :)

Themegawad25v2.zip

Changes:

- added some details here and there

- made the platforms in the beginning easier to cross

- added some trickery, so hopefully no monsters get stuck on the doors to the first bridge

- tried to get rid of all slimetrails me and other testers found

I'm thinking about adding something to connect the map to maps 24 and 26 for continuity once those maps are ready. Besides that this should be the final version, unless of course someone finds any bugs or glitches.

@Titanoxus really love your map. Even better than before after the changes.

For now I think it's the most brutal one yet of the megawad :)

The only flaw I've seen (big ass slime-trail bug or whatever it's called) is on the thin metal bridge left of the exit "arena" very close to the high "sentry tower" with the chaingunner.

Sorry can't add screens right now - site is acting up on me.

Other than that, once you've fixed that your map is ready for me.

I was thinking "Avenging the boys" as a name. Referencing the few dead marines around the map and whose supplies you end up using.

Slight update to my map, fixing the slime trail and some textures not being changed to match some other textures.

Adver City_4_1.zip

I also decided to play beta posted, first map has no map, and second map has no music. That doesn't seem right.

Edited by ViolentBeetle

41 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Slight update to my map, fixing the slime trail and some textures not being changed to match some other textures.

Adver City_4_1.zip

I also decided to play beta posted, first map has no map, and second map has no music. That doesn't seem right.

I'm waiting for the final version of Map01 and MIDI for MAP02 - so it's alright :)

1 minute ago, Skronkidonk said:

@Ofisil Is it cool if I can add teleporting rooms outside of the 3072 map limit to increase the monster count?

Only on designated slaughter maps.

Been slacking on progress on my map, but after some good inspiration hopefully this will be an enjoyable product. There will definitely be some balancing and tweaks. I also plan to add some more detail in the barer places to be more uniform with the rest of the map. Anyways here's Map 13: Com-link Control (pending)

Pictures:

Spoiler

@Nimiauredhel Also thanks in advance for composing a track for my map. Its ready for you to review.

@DFF Done a REALLY fast check, as I'm a bit out of time right now.

The map looks great. Really fitting with the theme, as well as the megawad's overall "realistic" tendencies.

The balance of enemies/ammo/challenge is very good, the structure is simple (not simplistic) and fun.

Two things:

1) The dark tunnel's invinsible wall is a no-no. Add an actual, visible block (bars, wreckage, or whatever)

2) I had to idclip through some doors that re-closed on me - as I've said, I've done a super-fast check, so I'm not sure if I've done sth wrong. I'll recheck your map later and tell you if I find sth.

1 hour ago, Ofisil said:

@DFF Done a REALLY fast check, as I'm a bit out of time right now.

The map looks great. Really fitting with the theme, as well as the megawad's overall "realistic" tendencies.

The balance of enemies/ammo/challenge is very good, the structure is simple (not simplistic) and fun.

Two things:

1) The dark tunnel's invinsible wall is a no-no. Add an actual, visible block (bars, wreckage, or whatever)

2) I had to idclip through some doors that re-closed on me - as I've said, I've done a super-fast check, so I'm not sure if I've done sth wrong. I'll recheck your map later and tell you if I find sth.

Thanks for the check, If/when you do another check re-download the link as i've made some updates as of yesterday thanks to feedback from Francist218's stream, which should include one of the doors that didn't re-open. I'll see if i can modify the tunnel to fix that issue sometime soon.

Just wanted to post an update about my map its still being made Im just posting here to say that I havent forgotten about it

I'd like to ask that someone else do Map03, I've just become very burnt out on working on it and I'm honestly not sure why, my days of working on it have been weeks and weeks apart and I've forgotten that it's existed multiple times, plus there's a bunch of stuff going on in life that i've been preoccupied with. I'll happily give what i've done so far so that my work hasn't gone to waste, but I just don't think I'll be able to do the rest of this map. 

@Mr Masker and everyone else, I totally understand if you don't feel like finishing your work, because I too struggle with balancing real life stuff with my hobbies.

Just plz inform me on time so that I can find a replacement mapper. I don't want this megawad to take forever, or be uploaded half-done.

Thanx!